GDT: 2022-23 season game 69 La Kings vs Columbus Blue Jackets @7:30pm 3/16/23

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The bigger problem I have with MacEwen at this point is he's just basically a Westgarth who can't fight.

That is, he's too respectful, he's not going to do anything to guys like Nurse because he doesn't play enough, Nurse would never indulge him, and Nurse and rats like him don't play by 'the code'/the rules. He's neither a deterrent nor an initiator that's going to drag anyone to battle, so having him in the lineup is just a self-nuke. Teams would LOVE to make us mobilize him instead of someone else because it handicaps what's otherwise an effective 4th line.

Again bless the effort and I love the size and hitting but having one plug at the ass end of your lineup isn't 'team toughness'/size.
So true. A dangerous acquisition by Blake because TM is liable to play him.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Columbus has had some terrible things happen the past few years. We talk about how losing Voynov hurt the Kings. They had a good young goalie die in an accident. Werenski and Voracek injured early this season. Several big name players have wanted to leave.

Columbus deserves a lot more credit than Arizona, who just wants to make a living with minimal payroll.

That's also why I thought Faust's joke about the Blue Jackets was pretty gross.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Columbus has had some terrible things happen the past few years. We talk about how losing Voynov hurt the Kings. They had a good young goalie die in an accident. Werenski and Voracek injured early this season. Several big name players have wanted to leave.

Columbus deserves a lot more credit than Arizona, who just wants to make a living with minimal payroll.

That's also why I thought Faust's joke about the Blue Jackets was pretty gross.
Agreed. I thought it was beneath him for any team in the league. It was uncalled for and came out of left field for no reason.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"And the Kings beat the first place team... in the draft lottery."

I don't think it's an uproar for calling out low blows or punching down on jokes.

It's definitely cheap or punching down but 'gross' seems like an overstatement if 'uproar' also is

Kind of stupid/unnecessary in broadcast either way that's for sure, and a little surprising coming from Faust

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
It's definitely cheap or punching down but 'gross' seems like an overstatement if 'uproar' also is

Kind of stupid/unnecessary in broadcast either way that's for sure, and a little surprising coming from Faust
Faust has poor timing and delivery. When he tries to act confident I just don’t believe it. He’s a douche canoe!

Bob Miller had big dick energy. Faust drives a Porsche and wears socks with Birkenstocks.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Faust was an accountant before. With the way bally is going, i’ll be happy just to have the kings on tv

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Grundstrom with 8 goals in 44 games as 4th line player- have to assume if he was given lefit ice time he could be a 20 goal player. He scored 5 in 15 in 18/19 after the trade and thought kings got a diamond in the rough. One more year before being a UFA. If hes on the roster next year- he will break out big just in time for the big payday.
If Grundy had any defensive awareness he would be in the line up for 82 straight games.

He has a physical edge and can score over 20 goals with maximum 13 minutes ice time p/gm.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If Grundy had any defensive awareness he would be in the line up for 82 straight games.

He has a physical edge and can score over 20 goals with maximum 13 minutes ice time p/gm.

He takes more dumb penalties than anyone else on the team. His lack of smarts at times hurts the team, that why he gets scratched so much.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I’d agree with you if you said “…other than Fiala and Kempe”.
Yeah, I was going to ask if Fiala and Kempe were traded overnight? Because they take far more undisciplined penalties (and by sheer quantity, Grundstrom only has 16 PIM. Fiala is third with 52. Kempe is fifth with 40.

Now, would he have more PIM if he played more and was in more games? Maybe, but Lemieux still leads the team in PIM with 53 (tied with Danault).

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
Fiala takes undisciplined penalties, Grundstrom has taken some derp penalties and has also had some derp turnovers. I think that’s why his stand out more.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Fiala takes undisciplined penalties, Grundstrom has taken some derp penalties and has also had some derp turnovers. I think that’s why his stand out more.
Fiala has plenty of derp turnovers when he does his turnaround no-look passes. He's just more highly skilled and his turnovers occur when there's not established pressure, so they get noticed less. Ultimately, he's forgiven a lot more because of his production.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Fiala's turnovers occur in much more dangerous positions and have led to a few shorties. He is an undisciplined player who takes unnecessary risks that may look amazing when they work - and they do work FAR, FAR more often than not - but when they don't the consequences are usually pretty heavy. He is also a known diver who loses out on some calls due to not getting the benefit of many doubts.

Grundstrom just does dumb things in safer places, so I don't really see them as comparable. And since his job relies on forechecking and grinding, you have to be willing to accept a few overly aggressive penalties every once in a while. Same with Kempe, you don't mind the odd elbow nearly as much as you mind a Fiala retaliation crosscheck.

Fiala has plenty of derp turnovers when he does his turnaround no-look passes. He's just more highly skilled and his turnovers occur when there's not established pressure, so they get noticed less. Ultimately, he's forgiven a lot more because of his production.
I should probably just read the page for your posts before apeing the same sentiments...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad