GDT: 2022-23 season game 64 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @7:30pm 3/4/23

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Why do you struggle with the working dynamics of pro sports contracts? Regardless of what the guy is getting paid, he's our #1 center -- and he's doing pretty good job at it. Would we be a better team today if Kopitar fell off a cliff .. no. So why do much emphasis on what the org agreed to pay the guy per year?

Quick sure the f*** wasn't earning his 6-mil this season, but look at all binky babies who were crying about him getting traded.
See, this is the diference.
I do not perceive Kopitar doing a pretty good job.
With him at the helm we were 6 years bottom of the league.
Being our #1 center doesn't mean anything regarding the NHL, it just means something for people like you.
Sure we can find other $10 mill players who play the same or worse than Kopitar but they have one thing in common. Their team is at the bottom of the league

They offloaded Quick using a 1st... same kind of thing would need to happen to move those guys at the deadline (since they dont fill a need for a contender).

I am pretty sure the 1st was for Gavrikov and Korpisalo.
They just took Quick to make the salary work

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Being our #1 center doesn't mean anything regarding the NHL, it just means something for people like you.
Sure we can find other $10 mill players who play the same or worse than Kopitar but they have one thing in common. Their team is at the bottom of the league

I am pretty sure the 1st was for Gavrikov and Korpisalo.
They just took Quick to make the salary work
Did you type this while driving? I ask because parts of it are wrong and the other parts make zero sense.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Did you type this while driving? I ask because parts of it are wrong and the other parts make zero sense.
Now you know how we feel...;)
1678139778228.png

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
See, this is the diference.
The Kings were at bottom of league for 6 YEARS with Kopitar at helm? Sir, which 6 years are you alluding to??
What does that mean to me? It means he's the best center we have -- he plays on the top line because of it. Again, wtf is your point?
This doesn't make sense to me....Kopitar's team IS NOT at the bottom league, so what is your point exactly?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Kopitar started scoring when Kempe started scoring.
Also Kopitar benefits from the PP being carried by Kempe and Vilardi playing while benefiting from 80% of the division rebuilding now.

Let him play with Iafallo and Arvidson again and see what happens.
I will absolutely eat crow if he regains his shape from 10 years ago as a 35 year old and leads us to a cup, especially with your guys goaltending and LD adressed.
But for now i am living in reality and look behind the reasons why he is reviving the form of a 2nd line center.

I will be impressed, if he scores 4 goals in every game against the Playoff Oilers, not just once against a declining Winnipeg Team.
If he does that, he deserves $10 Mill per year
Would Kopitar actually get $10m a year in his new contract? That seems pretty steep to me. $7-8m seems fair to me assuming he has another good season next one.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The Kings were at bottom of league for 6 YEARS with Kopitar at helm? Sir, which 6 years are you alluding to??

What does that mean to me? It means he's the best center we have -- he plays on the top line because of it. Again, wtf is your point?

This doesn't make sense to me....Kopitar's team IS NOT at the bottom league, so what is your point exactly?
I am referring to 2016 to 2022

Again, and i point it out so many times....
Him being the best center we have is nothing good, it is the reason why we don't get anywhere.

I also talk about the Kings were the bottom of the league before our youngsters exploded.
Also in any other division, we would be at the bottom.
It is the ruleset that 3 teams of each division make the playoff for sure that keeps us floating. We have 5 out of 8 teams rebuilding, which makes us top 3 regardless how we are playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad