GDT: 2022-23 season game 56 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @6:00pm 2/17/23

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
He's 7th in the NHL in PPP by a defensemen.

He's ahead of Karlsson.
The points are cool and all, but I specifically talked about his inability to get shots through.

Him being single-digit in goal scoring since 2017-2018 seems to support that, no?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kempe, Kupari, Vilardi, Kaliyev, Byfield -- remember when the Kings couldn't draft/develop impact forwards? I feel like it was just like 30-40 games ago.
To sink to your level, did you notice that the only Kings forwards to not get on the score sheet were Kupari, Kaliyev, Vilardi and Byfield?

What does that mean? Not much in the grand scheme.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not sure there's a Duck I've ever liked less than Vatrano, dude gets away with it every single game.

TM's suit was on point, good shit coach

Byfield deserves more points, dude is setting shit up on a golden platter night after night and guys just flat out whiff

Kupari looked really sneaky good last night, if he can keep that up, wow. That 4th line as a whole is just unfair.

EXTEND COPLEY AGAIN, you always have to be scared of the quiet ones, serial killer vibes, he was gonna rip Gibson's limbs off and Fargo them into the woodchipper

"kings goalie really looking like an unhinged hothead right now, anyway here comes Jonathan Quick into the game"

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
This move by Fiala - dont think ive seen one exactly like this - almost pulled it off... the bimbo just babbles right past this while its happening

It's the Karate Kid move of hockey – "If do right, no can defence."

mr-miyagi-karate-kid.gif

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
6. I love Quick...LOVE. But when he came in, it was scary. Everytime he touched the puck or a shot came, you expected a goal. I was about 10 rows from him. It was bad. Maybe he was cold and all. But dang he looks done. If it doesn't turn around fast, the FO needs to have him address his "groin" and go on the IR. Then bring up Cal -- yes, it's that bad.

totally agreed...at that point of the game I was seriously worried. Quick a total legend but just a shell of his former self.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The points are cool and all, but I specifically talked about his inability to get shots through.

Him being single-digit in goal scoring since 2017-2018 seems to support that, no?

Between 17-18 and 21-22, Doughty is tied with Josi for most powerplay goals by a defenseman. He gets his shots through just fine. Realize that other teams game plan for him on the PK and try to limit his shots from the point, just like with Weber, Burns, etc.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Between 17-18 and 21-22, Doughty is tied with Josi for most powerplay goals by a defenseman. He gets his shots through just fine. Realize that other teams game plan for him on the PK and try to limit his shots from the point, just like with Weber, Burns, etc.
He has 3 goals on the season, and hasn’t eclipsed 10 in the better part of the last decade. Derek f***ing forbort has more goals than him this year lol

The PP stats are okay in a vacuum, but let’s not start to pretend that his shot choices are good. He just plays a whole damn lot.

I say this as the chief of the “Drew is the best kings defensemen in history” fan club. His shot is just the worst part of his game, and that’s more than okay considering the rest of what ya get with drew.

Reactions: kenito7

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Remember when you were slurping Marco Sturm for not being the problem on the PP? Lol
You really wanna go there? We could do 5 pages of your dumbass predictions that go the opposite way (Danault being a ‘legit horrible signing’ is always a fan favorite).

f***ing shocked you didn’t predict the Kings would get smoked last night…those are fun too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad