GDT: 2022-23 season game 52 LA Kings vs Tampa Bay Lightning @4:00pm 1/28/23

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I find it cute when posters try to be convincing that Copley isn't the MVP of this team right now.
This is like saying the 180-200lb chick is hot because your other option is a 500lb chick. She may be the only one you want to be seen with between the two, but that doesn't make her hot.

Fiala is the MVP and best player on this team this year -- and not even close.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
You can appreciate a lovely person. There aren't many here who would say Carrlyn is unattractive.

But your commenting on Carrlyn's looks every time she's on TV is creepy. You've been told that it makes several people uncomfortable and told by a mod to knock it off, and your response ranges between the laugh reaction and ignoring.

You could very well be harmless. I don't know you. But people have been stalked and harmed because others ignored similar warning signs.

I say this as serious as anything I've said before. If you are screwing around, please stop; you are making other people uncomfortable. There's also the possibility friends and/or family of Carrlyn is reading your posts, which is incredibly scary for them (as well as Carrlyn if anything is shared with her). This may be a shocker, but just because someone is attractive doesn't mean they feel comfortable with a stranger obsessively talking about their looks on a message board. If you aren't joking around, then please get help.
This.

Sincerely,

Ted Bundy
Or Al Bundy…

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
You can appreciate a lovely person. There aren't many here who would say Carrlyn is unattractive.

But your commenting on Carrlyn's looks every time she's on TV is creepy. You've been told that it makes several people uncomfortable and told by a mod to knock it off, and your response ranges between the laugh reaction and ignoring.

You could very well be harmless. I don't know you. But people have been stalked and harmed because others ignored similar warning signs.

I say this as serious as anything I've said before. If you are screwing around, please stop; you are making other people uncomfortable. There's also the possibility friends and/or family of Carrlyn is reading your posts, which is incredibly scary for them (as well as Carrlyn if anything is shared with her). This may be a shocker, but just because someone is attractive doesn't mean they feel comfortable with a stranger obsessively talking about their looks on a message board. If you aren't joking around, then please get help.
Please, this. I keep reporting the posts. This isn’t funny, it’s real creepy.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I have seen these Sean Monahan to Kings rumors pop up a few times and laughed.
Where's the LHD or goalie? The last thing the Kings need is a center...until you think,
'what if you had Monahan center Fiala and Vilardi on line 3?' What would happen, that
line may be your best line some nights.

I've been looking at available forwards more lately, as the LHD and goalie options look pretty bleak.
Fiala has the ability to do things alone, but cannot thrive with Lizotte and JAD. When Vilardi comes back,
helps some, but Lizotte is a 4C, period.

Monahan could be had pretty reasonably. Good veteran, good playmaker, good on faceoffs and having a good year....17 pts in 25 games on the Canidians. Last yr of a 7 yr contract. Ugly cap at 6.375, but it's prorated or give MTL a little more to retain half.

The Kings cannot go far or make the finals...kinda like we couldnt in 2014 (after opening 3 straight losses in rd 1)...like the inaugular year VGK, like the 2018 Caps, or the 2019 Blues. It's bullshtt. Give your team a chance.
The Kings chances to win the West, could happen, if they rolled the 3 best lines in the West...or anywhere.
How good will Byfield be by early April? Fiala finishes strong. Vilardi and Moore will be back.
Perhaps also add a LHD vet that is good as well. Monahan won't 'block' Turcotte, Vilardi, Byfield..etc.
He can leave. If he becomes a key part, deal Iafallo + Walker and offer him a more reasonable $ figure.
Just worry about next year, this Summer. Give this team a shot.

Byfield Kopitar Kempe
Moore Danault Arvidsson
Fiala Monahan Vilardi
Iafallo Lizotte Kaliyev
Kupari

Last edited:
Reactions: mysterman2

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This game should be a case study for everyone who thinks the Kings are just one good goaltender away from serious contention.

Well, I tend to agree, but I also think these games have a habit of highlighting the issues. I mean it's nothing we didn't already know, but still:

1. "good enough" goaltending isn't good enough. In the playoffs, you're going to run up against walls for 7 games--TBL has Vas for example, but even Winnipeg has Hellebuyck sporting a .925. the top 5 and bottom 5 teams in all situations:

1. Boston .928
2. Dallas .917
3. Nashville .915
4. Winnipeg .915
5. Colorado .914
median is .900
28. Columbus .890
29. St Louis .887
30. Los Angeles .882
31. San Jose: .880
32. Vancouver: .877

that's not going to get past any playoff rounds. The plan so far seems to be pray Quick finds some fairy dust ffor one last hurrah and behind him and Copley the entire organization is an absolute dumpster fire.

2. Durzi on the left side is not a good enough solution. It's good enough to get by vs. lesser teams--but you can actually watch TBL sweep their forecheck thru from Roy to FORCE durzi up the size on his backhand or sloppy forehand and they got goals off it. Dump to Roy, seal off wall and easy lanes, force it around the other wall to Sean. Simple. It's literally not his fault. Not excusing his other defensive plays but this is the kind of 1% thing that matters at the most elite level.

3. Edler - Walker are DEFINITELY not good enough. Bless them, likeable guys, but not enough to take this team to the contender level.

Also let's remember it's TBL--8-2 in their last 10 and coming off a win vs. the Bruins vs. a sloppy Kings team with injuries going B2B across the country. I hate the term 'scheduled loss' and I think you and I would agree it's more about the 'how' than the result in this case but context is context.

This game did nothing to change my mind that this team is first-round fodder and these guys are patting themselves on the back for a lesser season.

The good: The forward depth competes with anyone. The high end defense is there--Doughty Anderson is a monster pairing. Byfield is growing and him and Kopi are elevating one another. The other youth emerging, notably Vilardi, gives depth. There are enough pieces there that a responsible GM and coach could elevate this roster. I'm not confident the current staff has it in them to make the hard, ego-bruising decisions to admit complete failure on the LHD and G depth to compensate for massive successes on the RHD and depth on the C fronts. They still seem to be talking out of both sides of their mouths--are they being patient and waiting to go all in later? If so, play the f*** out of the kids, Turcotte has no business sitting if you're thinking about the future. Are you trying to compete now? If so, why is Toby on the bench and Durzi still on his backhand and PK? And that's without talking about the worries that affect both, like goaltending pipeline.

Most teams have warts and ongoing concerns but this is at least two years of the same shit different day and it's getting tiresome. Watching players turn a simple 2 on 2 into a desperation flailing laydown shotblock to make sure Quick doesn't have to receive a shot OR a backdoor pass tells us everything.

Edit: also Kopitar playing 21 minutes and Fagemo 6.5 and Lemieux/Kupari 8 on a b2b is typical. I get leaning into vets vs. TBL to some degree but this isn't a one off, this happens far too often.

Lets give Kopi some credit too. For as much flack as he gets for his captaincy, that was a solid move to protect QB.

Oh for sure. I liked it.

That being said he probably had the confidence to step in front of Hedman because everyone in the league knows him and Kucherov are little bitches that won't do anything to your face if you see them coming.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
And where were those impressive wins in playoff if i may ask?
So now you’re backtracking cause that’s not the narrative you brought in your original post.

As far as playoffs in last 2 years, kind of a small sample size, eh bud?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It's not about the one win in TB or Boston.
It is about being clearly outplayed even in the game they won.
Playoff is 4 out of 7 and that is our problem.
We have always demonstrated to win this odd game against contenders by weird deflection
but this is not flying high when we have to demonstrate constant structured play

Got it.....such a f***ing moronic comment...but I got it,

It's not about one game when we win.......but if we lose.....holy f*** that one game says it all.......

Reactions: Axl Rhoadz

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
What? Quick is by far the best goalie the Kings have ever had in their team history! Now his time looks to be coming to an end.
I'd say no,I've seen just about every Kings goaltender ever! Rogatien(Rogie) Vachon was the best in my books and the Vachon, Gary Edwards tandem was the best

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Door #2. Cal is doing OK in Ontario, I just dont think the team believes in him and will overcompensate.. he prob needs to go to another organization to restart his career.
The problem is that no one will want Cal or his contract so the Kings are kind of stuck so bring him and play him. He'll get a new start next year when its just Copley and himself and Quicker has retired. That announcement has to be coming right

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
This is like saying the 180-200lb chick is hot because your other option is a 500lb chick. She may be the only one you want to be seen with between the two, but that doesn't make her hot.

Fiala is the MVP and best player on this team this year -- and not even close.
15-3 says otherwise with the same poor D in front of him. We would be wasting Fiala's good year with the other 2 options.

Copley is that nerdy chick in high school that nobody wanted, then a few years later you run into her in college and she is hot like hell now.

Last edited:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Rookie of the Year?

Copley is too old to be considered a rookie...It was the Sergei Makarov rule the NHL put in after he won the Calder(1989-90) when he was like 31-32 years old and after his illustrious career in Soviet Union(Mockba Red Army) and the fall of Communism

Whats the rookie cut off games number for the kids?
When I was a kid it was 25 NHL games spread over 2 years

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
My favorite part of this debacle goal was Brian Engblum openly mocking the the Kings defense leaving this guy alone in front.

where's the 5th TB player?

View attachment 643461

Oh there he is... :laugh:

View attachment 643462
Brian Engblom shouldn't be mocking any Defense on the Kings his was suppose to be the center piece in the deal where budding Star RD-man Larry Murphy was traded to Washington to get Engblom and Ken Houston the big Goon who scored once in awhile. That trade was one that pissed me off for many years and still actually...Engblom may have been decent in Montreal and Washington but in LA he was shit

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Reactions: Mats26

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I thought 6-3 Lukas Parik was going to be our Goalie of the Future he had/has great size and had put up decent numbers. Too bad the Kings didn't put him somewhere he could succeed instead in competition with"10" other goaltenders! Bet the Kings try to draft 6-6 (Czechia) Michael Hrabal or some other behemoth and hopefully bring he along "quickly" to assume the mantle. He's currently listed as the top Goaltending prospect for the 2023 draft

Can I suggest you don’t put her on the ignore list, or at least don’t ,and it obvious lol

No, it really doesn’t.
Yes it really Does!

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I thought 6-3 Lukas Parik was going to be our Goalie of the Future he had/has great size and had put up decent numbers. Too bad the Kings didn't put him somewhere he could succeed instead in competition with"10" other goaltenders! Bet the Kings try to draft 6-6 (Czechia) Michael Hrabal or some other behemoth and hopefully bring he along "quickly" to assume the mantle. He's currently listed as the top Goaltending prospect for the 2023 draft

Yes it really Does!
The statistical models trying to convert todays output to the 80’s and the reverse are utter crap. They grossly over simplify things and don’t consider a whole number of factors, a number of which they cannot. So when people say McDavid would get x number of points in ’85 based on those models it’s no better than a random guess. I don’t have time to pick the modelling apart, again, right now.

Reactions: Trash Panda

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
So now you’re backtracking cause that’s not the narrative you brought in your original post.

As far as playoffs in last 2 years, kind of a small sample size, eh bud?

I am talking about not being able to compete with the big guys.
This is just how it is, everything else is pure illusion.

Just a good game here and there doesn't change that.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I am talking about not being able to compete with the big guys.
This is just how it is, everything else is pure illusion.

Just a good game here and there doesn't change that.
Give me a list of the ‘big guys’ that the Kings haven’t beat this year.

(And for the record, at this point in the rebuild, why are you expecting the Kings to be so much better?)

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
A lot of people think that on this board. Obviously a good goaltender would improve our raw point percentage, but that’s not even close to the only problem with this team.

Again, you’re not wrong. Quick hasn’t won a game in two months and that’s completely unacceptable. But the horrible goaltending has turned into a massive scapegoat for everything else. It just doesn’t tell the whole story, and it gives other culpable actors a get out of jail free card (Todd and Blake in particular).

this. Its so easy to point the finger at him or any of them, and ignore the shit pk, or 5 RHD that have at some point cost them goals. How many failed clears did they have last night, 20? Or leaving colton wide open in front , with no king within 20 feet to score. Any player worth a damn is scoring that goal. The other issue is goal support. 3 times have they scored more that 2 goals, with one his only win. Don't care who's in net, you ain't winning many games 2-1 unless your defense and pk are top 5. Ours are not.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
this. Its so easy to point the finger at him or any of them, and ignore the shit pk, or 5 RHD that have at some point cost them goals. How many failed clears did they have last night, 20? Or leaving colton wide open in front , with no king within 20 feet to score. Any player worth a damn is scoring that goal. The other issue is goal support. 3 times have they scored more that 2 goals, with one his only win. Don't care who's in net, you ain't winning many games 2-1 unless your defense and pk are top 5. Ours are not.

Our defense

Our pk

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Our defense

Our pk

I am just a simple caveman. Advance stats confuse my simple mind.

-9-gD0XS_400x400.jpg

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Kings penalty kill was great in this game. It was in the previous game as well.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Give me a list of the ‘big guys’ that the Kings haven’t beat this year.

(And for the record, at this point in the rebuild, why are you expecting the Kings to be so much better?)

Me expecting something?
I am the person who don't expects anything from the team.
My approach would be to let the youngsters play and the oldies phase out their contract either on the 4th line or press box.

I find it really counter productive to force a hopeless playoff run to have a veteran reunion tour when we could play the youngsters and collect some more great draft picks the next years.
Yes, we will make the playoff easily and even during the season beat a big guy one or two times but in no way have we a shot at the cup because we don't have what it takes.
You don't have to be Nostratdamus to forsee that our offense will dry out against an even remotely competent team and our defense not being able to keep opponents top players in check.

the Carolina and the last Tampa game come to my mind, where our offense didn't even come close to their goal while they were just cruising into our danger spots

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00