GDT: 2022-23 season game 47 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @7:30pm 1/19/23

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Turcotte called up? Nice.

Not sure if he'll even play.

Nice for him to get a bigger paycheck though.
Re paycheck is that true? I was looking at capfriendly and it looks like he has a 1 way deal.. (may need to be educated about this)

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
If you've got 20 minutes today maybe on the drive to the game maybe during intermissions...

Go ahead and listen to Part 2 of our Memories From 2012 series! We were allowed to attend the 10th Anniversary party and collected some of the thoughts and memories from the guys that were there.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Re paycheck is that true? I was looking at capfriendly and it looks like he has a 1 way deal.. (may need to be educated about this)
He's still on his Entry-Level Contract (ELC), which is always two-way (when you look at CapFriendly, you'll see the "ELC" in the "Terms" column.

Any player younger than 25 as of September 15 during the year of their first contract must sign an entry-level contract, according to CapFriendly. Every entry-level contract is a two-way deal and the maximum salary for a player that is drafted in 2022 is set at $925,000 annually.

Not directed at you in particular, but for those not aware; two-way contracts just mean that anyone who is called up to the NHL has a different salary during the time they are called up, as compared to an AHL player's salary.

So, yes. Turcotte will get a higher paycheck while he's up in the NHL. It's also a good point not to play him today - between his history of injuries, taking a puck to the face, and getting back-to-back games already, it makes sense to give him rest for a couple extra days and make some more money in the meantime. Hopefully he can play in a couple days.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
He's still on his ELC, hence why he can be sent down without worrying about waivers. He makes $70k a year in salary while in the AHL: $832,500 base salary before signing bonus in the NHL.

It's a pretty nice pop.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hey Kings fans, I'm a Stars fan going to crypto.com arena for the first time tonight for the game and curious if anyone has any parking suggestions? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
He's still on his Entry-Level Contract (ELC), which is always two-way (when you look at CapFriendly, you'll see the "ELC" in the "Terms" column.

Not directed at you in particular, but for those not aware; two-way contracts just mean that anyone who is called up to the NHL has a different salary during the time they are called up, as compared to an AHL player's salary.

So, yes. Turcotte will get a higher paycheck while he's up in the NHL. It's also a good point not to play him today - between his history of injuries, taking a puck to the face, and getting back-to-back games already, it makes sense to give him rest for a couple extra days and make some more money in the meantime. Hopefully he can play in a couple days.
Didnt know ELC is automatically a 2-way.. i remember all the paper transactions for guys like spence who never played and had in my mind they have 2 way contracts.. when I went to look it said ELC (and they have a separate icon for 2-way).. so now I get it, and thanks for info.. So im sure I looked at Tckachev last year, he'd have the 2-way listed explicitly. thx again.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Hey Kings fans, I'm a Stars fan going to crypto.com arena for the first time tonight for the game and curious if anyone has any parking suggestions? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Personally around LA there’s a lot of cheaper options for parking but they’re kinda in a shitty area. If I was you I’d pay the 30-40 bucks I think and just park at Crypto. I’d avoid the shitty lots in La that charge at minimum 20. Just pay the extra 10-20 bucks.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Didnt know ELC is automatically a 2-way.. i remember all the paper transactions for guys like spence who never played and had in my mind they have 2 way contracts.. when I went to look it said ELC (and they have a separate icon for 2-way).. so now I get it, and thanks for info.. So im sure I looked at Tckachev last year, he'd have the 2-way listed explicitly. thx again.
Yeah, it's another part of the argument about getting high talent and utilizing them on their ELC - you can have cost-controlled talent for at most 3 years. It gives a team who utilizes their cap space and young talent well to leave room for rentals with a high cap hit.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It's like going from getting paid 30 bucks an hour, to getting paid 400 per hour.

Reactions: YP44

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole

I took a puck off the face once. Got lucky it was between check bone and jaw bone. Put a small hole in my cheek. Fourteen stitches. Looked fine the next day. Two days later tho I looked like the walking dead.

Reactions: King'sPawn

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Yeah, it's another part of the argument about getting high talent and utilizing them on their ELC - you can have cost-controlled talent for at most 3 years. It gives a team who utilizes their cap space and young talent well to leave room for rentals with a high cap hit.
Yes thats why id never want to build top heavy like EDM.. you need a mix of contracts/talent across the roster for 1) losing key player ruins playoff chances, 2) giving some cap room to make deadline moves without sending back some needed player for cap. Right now the roster is looking dicey because they need to sign Vilardi, Ando and the 4 expiring ELCs and not alot coming off the books save JQ and Lemieux and Edler. I say Kings have too many expensive forwards signed at the moment with one more coming (Vilardi).. need field someone like Fagemo next year and move some salary toward LD (moving Roy and Walker or Iafallo or RV) prefer 3 and 29.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
No Hintz for the Stars, he's their best C by far. They choked away a 3-0 lead to the Sharks last night.
Copley is in for us so we have a chance. We should take this one.
Todd doesnt have to lean on Kopitar here but he will. Would have been a good time to play Turcotte in Pepe's spot but Todd figures we need dumb penalties tonight more than a chance for our No. 5 pick to get some against a tired team playing their backup G.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
(I will never call it the new name)

Just passed Staples there are some good bargain lots
Pass Staples, pass the Pantry at the next street 8th, make a left. There is a brown marble building with an indentical colored strcutre next to it. There is a reasonable there and some lots (I think) at the end of that street.
1674168640050.png

1674168843859.png

The lot is the second building on the left in the pic

There is also reasonable parking on Olympic

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
No Hintz for the Stars, he's their best C by far. They choked away a 3-0 lead to the Sharks last night.
Copley is in for us so we have a chance. We should take this one.
Todd doesnt have to lean on Kopitar here but he will. Would have been a good time to play Turcotte in Pepe's spot but Todd figures we need dumb penalties tonight more than a chance for our No. 5 pick to get some against a tired team playing their backup G.
Don't put that jinx on us.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Yes thats why id never want to build top heavy like EDM.. you need a mix of contracts/talent across the roster for 1) losing key player ruins playoff chances, 2) giving some cap room to make deadline moves without sending back some needed player for cap. Right now the roster is looking dicey because they need to sign Vilardi, Ando and the 4 expiring ELCs and not alot coming off the books save JQ and Lemieux and Edler. I say Kings have too many expensive forwards signed at the moment with one more coming (Vilardi).. need field someone like Fagemo next year and move some salary toward LD (moving Roy and Walker or Iafallo or RV) prefer 3 and 29.
that's why the Moore extension was odd. Unless they are planning on trading AI or Arvy and Roy/Walker. I really like all three of Moore, AI and Arvy -- and want them all to stay. But not at the expense of GV, Anderson and a LHD add.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
that's why the Moore extension was odd. Unless they are planning on trading AI or Arvy and Roy/Walker. I really like all three of Moore, AI and Arvy -- and want them all to stay. But not at the expense of GV, Anderson and a LHD add.
I agree re Moore. I dont see where Blake is going with this...22,9,11 33,24,12 19,55,13 34,46,89 - JAD and Grundstrom must be gone.. and no room for Fagemo or Turcotte... Kaliyev on 4th line not ideal..lots of salary tied up there. Maybe he's going to ride it out til 24/25 season.

Reactions: Schrute farms

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Aren't there still parking lots on Grand and Hope near the shell station? I haven't been to a game in a while.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes