GDT: 2022-23 season game 44 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:30pm 1/9/23

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FmDP6SMacAERDJ1

Edmonton Oilers (21-17-3, 45pts, 5th in Pacific)@ Los Angeles Kings(28-12-2, 52pts, 2nd in Pacific)
Staples Center | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

REGULAR SEASON STATS
2V1s2lB.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

GxTwQhk.png

rJqXFtT.png

phzMZGc.png

cGOrZMx.png

Scratched: Carl Grundstrom, Jacob Moverare, Jordan Spence
Covid: N/A
Injured: Arthur Kaliyev, Trevor Moore

:edmonton

uPnVsk8.png

MiP8Yeh.png

Injuries: Mike Smith, Evander Kane, Oscar Klefbom, Ryan Murray, Warren Foegle
Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

Reactions: King'sPawn

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Let’s see what the Kings do. Games against the oilers seem to be the best hockey

Reactions: Tofveve

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Monday night games are no good. Bad crowds. Tonight feels like a real Low T crowd with the weather.

Nothing scientific here: just my experience from going to the games for a long time. Small sample size but the two worst losses at home last season were both on Mondays: 7-0 to Boston and 6-1 to Seattle with the latter being a rainy day/night as well.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Monday night games are no good. Bad crowds. Tonight feels like a real Low T crowd with the weather.

Nothing scientific here: just my experience from going to the games for a long time. Small sample size but the two worst losses at home last season were both on Mondays: 7-0 to Boston and 6-1 to Seattle with the latter being a rainy day/night as well.
I go to a lot of stand up comedy gigs. I’ve learned to avoid Monday sets as the crowd kills it dead.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Up against the aftermath of the college football national championship game as well. I would not expect much of a crowd tonight.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Oilers gonna Oil. They rely on their PP (which is amazing) but then come playoff time when there are less penalties and things get more physical their 5 on 5 play will not get them far. That bottom 6 and D are terrible.

Now Janmark and Ryan are going to go off tonight

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Oilers gonna Oil. They rely on their PP (which is amazing) but then come playoff time when there are less penalties and things get more physical their 5 on 5 play will not get them far. That bottom 6 and D are terrible.
I see it that way too.. But I cant explain how they dismantled the Flames in playoffs last season, can you?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I see it that way too.. But I cant explain how they dismantled the Flames in playoffs last season, can you?
Flames shit the bed. Also as good as Johnny hockey is he still struggles on the big stage IMO. He had a decent first round last year, but really calgary should not have been pushed 7 in round 1.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Flames shit the bed. Also as good as Johnny hockey is he still struggles on the big stage IMO. He had a decent first round last year, but really calgary should not have been pushed 7 in round 1.
But he wasnt their McDavid.. they had Tkachuk, Lindholm and quite a few other weapons... As I recall Markstrom sucked azz. But still given what we agree is EDM bad roster construction for the playoffs, they did reallly well. I think Kane was part of the reason... I still cant explain it well.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Its partially because Oilers just have their way with Markstrom. They make him look like an ECHL goalie. The other thing with the Flames is that their "Star" players just did nothing in the series. Tkachuk, who gets praised as this power forward Unicorn, did absolutely nothing in the series. Gaudreau typically does nothing in the playoffs. Smith was terrible in the series and still only lasted 5 games.

McDavid and Draisaitl went god mode in the series. And Hyman/Kane had timely goals.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I go to a lot of stand up comedy gigs. I’ve learned to avoid Monday sets as the crowd kills it dead.
I saw CK last night. He was awesome. Big venue (Dolby Theater)), which i don't normally like....i prefer smaller, venues. But it was great.

Reactions: Statto

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
But he wasnt their McDavid.. they had Tkachuk, Lindholm and quite a few other weapons... As I recall Markstrom sucked azz. But still given what we agree is EDM bad roster construction for the playoffs, they did reallly well. I think Kane was part of the reason... I still cant explain it well.
markstrom shitting the bed is what locals here point to.

I was on vacation during that series so had no TV.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Feel like Flames were super overrated outside of their 1st line which also didn't perform well. But when they dried up their depth did them zero favors

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Feel like Flames were super overrated outside of their 1st line which also didn't perform well. But when they dried up their depth did them zero favors

I would say it was fair to call them a one line team, which come playoff time allows teams to just focus on that line. However Backlund is an underrated player IMO. He reminds me of Stoll.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
They’re wishing injury upon Edler and Mikey lmaooo. Hope this game is good. I suspect a really good high energy game. f*** them. Lol
Edmonton fans are up there as worst in the league these days.
Its hilarious they think Edler did something dirty and Anderson is a tough guy.
The Kings are like the softest team.
Any time someone touches Mcdavid or Draisaitl in their arena the crowd cries and screams.
They had Nurse out there headbutting guys, Evander Kane taking cheap shots, and Kassian head hunting and I dont remember Kings fans being annoying about it like they are.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They had Nurse out there headbutting guys, Evander Kane taking cheap shots, and Kassian head hunting and I dont remember Kings fans being annoying about it like they are.

Yeah, was about to say Nurse with the headbutt was the single dirtiest play of the year imo. Absolutely NOTHING to do with hockey.

That whole series they went above and beyond and whatever that's fine, we can leave it behind now, but if you're gonna be stepping in to complain about the Kings, you could at least acknowledge f***ing Zidane and not throw stones inside the glass house.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00