GDT: 2022-23 season game 42 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @7:30pm 1/5/23

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
All I know is if a kid 23 or under had the back half of the 3rd Elder had, we'd be asked to forget their name as they get loaned to an EIHL team.
Pretty impressive that edler gets much less criticism than he deserves. He’s god awful every game and no one seems to care lol

Reactions: Schmooley

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
I’ve said it before. It’s one of the best indicators for how good a team really is.
Helene is right though....the d core sucks with this alignment but TMAC aint budging off of it. Was magnified when we were getting brutal goaltending and we were are clamoring for defense moves. Copley comes in and looks like the savior for making the saves an NHL goalie should make but it doesnt change the original issue with D Corp as a whole.

Not kicking the dog on this one...bruins one of the better teams in the league and kings were an inch from taking the lead on the arvidsson shot that almost went in and the +/- doesnt lie. Spence should be playing full time, maybe Bjornfot as well as a true LHD.

Tmac should have once again used a TO after the Bruins scored....certainly after they scored twice but tmac is going to tmac- will never call a timeout and will make no moves to the D Lines. Sad because the forward corp is maybe the best since 2014/2015.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pretty impressive that edler gets much less criticism than he deserves. He’s god awful every game and no one seems to care lol

As a #6-#7 playing within his means, I don't mind him.

But as a guy pretending he's the #1-2 like earlier in his career, he needs to GTFO, he has no business crashing the net or leading a rush as he won't get back into the zone until the next game. He did this shit in the playoffs too.

Part of the reason for this streak is that Durzi has elevated his game and Walker/EDler have been from servicable-to-good and last night thru two periods they were holding serve...but their third period was an unmitigated disaster because they both tried to be heroes.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Oh good. We all know what that means:

Byfield and/or Kupari getting benched.

Kupari deserves to get benched after last night.......I'd also be hard pressed to see Byfield getting off that 1st line any time soon the way he has been playing

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Men objectify women its in our DNA.. they actually like it.. but horn dogging her on a msg board is kinda meh: edit: isnt her dad a former nhl?
Frank Bathe was a tough guy and punching bag. Played 224 mostly with the Broadstreet Bullies.Had 542 PIM to go with his 31 points. Was basically their 7-8 Dman. NHL career started with Detroit in 1974 when they were terrible until finishing with the Flyers in 1983. Carrlyn didn't get her good looks from her Daddy

Reactions: AbsentMojo

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale

But as a guy pretending he's the #1-2 like earlier in his career, he needs to GTFO, he has no business crashing the net or leading a rush as he won't get back into the zone until the next game. He did this shit in the playoffs too.

Part of the reason for this streak is that Durzi has elevated his game and Walker/EDler have been from servicable-to-good and last night thru two periods they were holding serve...but their third period was an unmitigated disaster because they both tried to be heroes.
He got his 1000 games in, now time to rest him. And may as well have Walker be his partner in the press box as well.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso

Have to give Durzi some credit for playing a better defensive game lately. And to nobody's surprise, Roy's game has been better as well.
Hopefully this is a step forward for Durzi into becoming at least a competent defender.

Reactions: Axl Rhoadz

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I also think goal differential is a good indicator for being a contender or pretender. Most wins were close ones and there were a few big losses.

At this point I can’t not recall a couple of huge wins.

Though I think most think we can win a playoff round and that’s probably it. Which means about 20-25 teams are worse than LA.
Our biggest win was a 5-1 victory against the Blues on Halloween. Conversely, we've lost by five or more goals three times (6-1 against Pittsburgh, 5-0 against Toronto, and 6-0 against Buffalo). We've also lost by three goals four times, while we've only won by three goals twice. Every other game has been a one- or two-goal difference. When we win, we barely win. When we lose, we often really lose. Games seem to really get away from us sometimes.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Have to give Durzi some credit for playing a better defensive game lately. And to nobody's surprise, Roy's game has been better as well.
Hopefully this is a step forward for Durzi into becoming at least a competent defender.
Yah, thought be played his best game of the season vs DAL the other night.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
This is just a hell of a hockey game, probably the best quality regular season game i've watched all year.
Been to 17 out of 23 games this year--including preseason--and this was the best game of the year for me. Obviously lost a lot of steam once Boston went up by two and put the clamps on but we had good back-and-forth action with few whistles. Good crowd since the action was good on the ice and the game *felt* like something.

Oh, and we actually had a fight and would you believe that the building was f***ing rocking?!? A fight for the Kings is like seeing a comet these days so I was very pleased it happened on my side and end of the ice. Called it before the puck dropped since these guys have history. Good time for the fight too with a good crowd, tie game and pretty soon after Marchand took a cheapie run on Arvidsson.

Good game. This team is so much more enjoyable to watch when guys are finishing checks. Not asking for everyone to be young Dustin Brown: just asking for everyone to be engaged.

I was ragging on Edler and Walker all game and it finally came to fruition. Pretty rough game for both. Edler needs some rest days but, again, not enough LHD. Maybe the plan with Clarke has been for him to learn how to play as a leftie which is why they've relegated him to practice all season.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Been to 17 out of 23 games this year--including preseason--and this was the best game of the year for me. Obviously lost a lot of steam once Boston went up by two and put the clamps on but we had good back-and-forth action with few whistles. Good crowd since the action was good on the ice and the game *felt* like something.

Oh, and we actually had a fight and would you believe that the building was f***ing rocking?!? A fight for the Kings is like seeing a comet these days so I was very pleased it happened on my side and end of the ice. Called it before the puck dropped since these guys have history. Good time for the fight too with a good crowd, tie game and pretty soon after Marchand took a cheapie run on Arvidsson.

Good game. This team is so much more enjoyable to watch when guys are finishing checks. Not asking for everyone to be young Dustin Brown: just asking for everyone to be engaged.

I was ragging on Edler and Walker all game and it finally came to fruition. Pretty rough game for both. Edler needs some rest days but, again, not enough LHD. Maybe the plan with Clarke has been for him to learn how to play as a leftie which is why they've relegated him to practice all season.

That was it. Guys brought their work boots last night and it was great to see.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
When we lose, we often really lose. Games seem to really get away from us sometimes.

And kills me that we all know this and the likelyhood of possible total collapse outright- yet TMAC content to watch it unfold and never call a time out to step the tide.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Does Marchand have that much respect from the officials that he only got two minutes for his outbursts last night? I get that they gave him some leeway because they probably realized they missed a call, but it seemed like he also deserved a ten minute misconduct or something for continuing to yell at them. Didn't Lizotte get something last year for mouthing off?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Does Marchand have that much respect from the officials that he only got two minutes for his outbursts last night? I get that they gave him some leeway because they probably realized they missed a call, but it seemed like he also deserved a ten minute misconduct or something for continuing to yell at them. Didn't Lizotte get something last year for mouthing off?
I don't like to play this alternate universe business often, but if the Kings score on that power play they most likely win the game.

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
Don't tell @Cianide -- Walker's worth his weight in gold, apparently!
Spence should be playing. I just don't understand how you think Walker is not a good defenseman. He got that goal vs Colorado on a nice pull and drag move. He's fast, has good hands. I don't see it. I think he's an upgrade over Roy.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Spence should be playing. I just don't understand how you think Walker is not a good defenseman. He got that goal vs Colorado on a nice pull and drag move. He's fast, has good hands. I don't see it. I think he's an upgrade over Roy.
And Marek Malik once scored a shootout goal by shooting the puck between his legs.

Walker, more often than not, throws pucks harmlessly towards the net and nothing dangerous occurs.

He doesn't walk the line to change a point of attack, he doesn't protect the puck on attack consistently. He's relatively passive offensively, especially when you look at how other defenders, including Roy and Bjornfot, create more opportunities more regularly with a variety of approaches.

And he's stronger offensively than defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad