GDT: 2022-23 season game 40 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @1:00pm 12/31/22

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Said previously....Durzi is the worst defensive player on the D core and has been forever. Most were in agreement his role is sheltered minutes on bottom pair and PP1 time. Thats the role that best fits his skillset.
So in true TMAC fashion..2nd in shifts, 2nd in TOI, and more time that Anderson on the PK.

View attachment 628977
Sean Durzi or Randy Jones. Who is\was a better dman

Reactions: mysterman2

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
How did the Byfield on top line experiment go?
Byfield dominated on the 1st line just like all the experts predicted. Oh, and Quick still sucks and TM can’t coach.
Copley is losing this game too, same score.
Byfield needs to be centering Fiala and Kempe.
Coach needs to structure them,"we are starting you as 3rf line but we think you have top line potential.
It will probably come down to conscientious d and taking stupid penalties, you are naturals on offense."
Team play better in front of Copper , I think he makes save on goal number 3. Not sure he makes every save JQ made though.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Byfield needs to be centering Fiala and Kempe.
Coach needs to structure them,"we are starting you as 3rf line but we think you have top line potential.
It will probably come down to conscientious d and taking stupid penalties, you are naturals on offense."
Team play better in front of Copper , I think he makes save on goal number 3. Not sure he makes every save JQ made though.

That line would work well too.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
JAD - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Four good lines.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
That line would work well too.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
JAD - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Four good lines.
For sure, but I would keep Iaf with Dan as long as they are hot. Be interesting to see Moore with Kopi too. But if they cool off I would move Moore back to the MAD line.

Last edited:

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Sean Durzi or Randy Jones. Who is\was a better dman

Add Andy Delmore as another example....great analogy though. League is littered with skilled offensive dmen who cant play defense- these players have a short shelf life.

Durzi may be a 75 offensively.... but comes with a 25 defensively.

If Spence is 55 offensively but also 55 defensively.... is a massive overall gain. Would most teams sacrifice a bit of offense from the blue line to massively boost overall defense and PK? Think most teams can and do.

Id like to think TMac and Blake are showcasing Durzi but not sure they think that much ahead.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Add Andy Delmore as another example....great analogy though. League is littered with skilled offensive dmen who cant play defense- these players have a short shelf life.

Durzi may be a 75 offensively.... but comes with a 25 defensively.

If Spence is 55 offensively but also 55 defensively.... is a massive overall gain. Would most teams sacrifice a bit of offense from the blue line to massively boost overall defense and PK? Think most teams can and do.

Id like to think TMac and Blake are showcasing Durzi but not sure they think that much ahead.

Yes, because that's a 110, and Durzi only gets 100 :sarcasm:

I get what you're saying though

Reactions: Trash Panda

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Yes, because that's a 110, and Durzi only gets 100 :sarcasm:

I get what you're saying though

I was using more of an EA Sports rating system to be fair...im old school and remember when me and my buddies would refer to the printed MADDEN booklet with player ratings as the Bible.

Kingkopitar

Jan 10, 2017
Not a hockey genius or nothing, but why do some goalies look bigger in net. Is it confidence, or size? Copley looks way bigger in net. I have noticed this in soccer too.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Not a hockey genius or nothing, but why do some goalies look bigger in net. Is it confidence, or size? Copley looks way bigger in net. I have noticed this in soccer too.
I'm thinking the fact that he's 6'4" might have something to do with it...

Reactions: lumbergh

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3