Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Spence
Edler - Roy

Do it Todd, you second-rate hack
I like it, but I would switch out Edler and Moverare

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Wonder if we would've beat Edmonton last year with Copley instead of Quick/Petersen.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Quick doesnt have a big enough upper torso to play all day on his knees.. Every goal he was butterfly and shot was up high. Copley on his knees covers 4ft of net.. he can do that all day.. JQ nope.

Reactions: kinghock

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
There was effort just quick was awful
You don't only score 2 goals on the Flyers and get dominated on special teams because the goalie was awful. Guys coasting all over, let alone on just the goals

2nd goal: Fiala lazy poke instead of taking the man, Lizotte lazy to get back and just coasts in, Durzi in no man's land and goes down for a barely trying to block block.

3rd goal: Arvidsson and (I think) Danault don't hustle back, allowing the goal scorer to not have any back pressure while he stops up. Durzi doesn't pressure and stands still, doing nothing more than acting as a pylon/screen.

4th goal: Even before falling, Durzi goes for the puck lazily. Danault gets outworked by a guy on the ice, then coasts back to the net and can't get in the way

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Quick doesnt have a big enough upper torso to play all day on his knees.. Every goal he was butterfly and shot was up high. Copley on his knees covers 4ft of net.. he can do that all day.. JQ nope.
💯 and he is not tall enough.
He has a faraway look in his eyes.
I think his plan is changing and he is now contemplating retirement.
Its not a good mental state to recapture his game..

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fitting loss for the last game of the year. Horrible special teams and goaltending. Failing to beat a team lower in the standings. Just giving away points.

No amount of flukey shootout or overtime wins will cover the warts on this team.

Was gonna say it was the most stereotypically 2022 Kings game possible.

1 part sloppy, uninspired, zero-juice effort; 1 part dog shit special teams literally losing you the game (10 straight with a PPG against, but this time we ALSO gave up a shorty!); 1 part sub-.900 goaltending.

And today's confirmation that this coach is a perennial loser taking this team nowhere

But keep playing the worst defensive d-man in the organization on his wrong side on the penalty kill and wondering why we aren't getting clears

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The funny thing about the PK, and you've seen I didn't/don't like the current setup, but the past 10 games or so, I've seen what they want it to be when it's fully executed, Call them F1 and F2, but the reason F1 skates around that perimeter is they want the other team to try and pass cross ice "to the open guy" and F2 is in position to deflect, intercept, interrupt that pass, therefore wasting more time.....

In theory, it works, in excecution, it doesn't, I think they just need to simplify everything right now including that....

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
You don't only score 2 goals on the Flyers and get dominated on special teams because the goalie was awful. Guys coasting all over, let alone on just the goals

2nd goal: Fiala lazy poke instead of taking the man, Lizotte lazy to get back and just coasts in, Durzi in no man's land and goes down for a barely trying to block block.

3rd goal: Arvidsson and (I think) Danault don't hustle back, allowing the goal scorer to not have any back pressure while he stops up. Durzi doesn't pressure and stands still, doing nothing more than acting as a pylon/screen.

4th goal: Even before falling, Durzi goes for the puck lazily. Danault gets outworked by a guy on the ice, then coasts back to the net and can't get in the way
What is the common denominator here?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think the hint was he highlighted Durzi in each sentence which = bad deployment in the end

-3 on the game, -11 on the season. But lets stand pat with the pairings

it's for sure both, I was being coy.

Durzi is a defensive idiot but he's also being set up to fail.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
The dumbest thing might be that, even with a substandard goalie performance, that’s an easy win if this team plays with even 80% of the effort it’s had when Copley has been in net (minus buffalo third period)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad