GDT: 2022-23 season game 37 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:30pm 12/23/22

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Glad Lemieux is back at least, but last time he came back from injury it took him a long time to get going again. here's hoping he picks up his timing and rhythm quickly!

It could be as simple as they even already had Edler penciled in for a rest on a B2B but imagine being in a position where one LHD leaving the lineup leaves you this vulnerable.

I keep having ot use it as an illustration but god forbid can you imagine Mikey Anderson even getting sick for a couple of games? TM and Blake would be bent over a barrel.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
C'mon, this is a total reach. No 23-year-old is going to call out a coach or even do it in a way that it can be implied. That's a great way to get the wrong reputation and screw your future prospects. Superstars rarely even do that.

Not only that, the reason Vilardi has moved around is because the winger and center he was jelling with got injured and ill respectively, which basically dissolved that line for the time being. That had nothing to do with TM, and I highly doubt he is upset with Todd for stapling him to the first line right after that and consistently putting him out on PP1.

I could see a guy like Kaliyev being puzzled at a decision, but he certainly wouldn't say anything. Or maybe a vet like Kopitar or Doughty saying "It's obvious we need to get our lines rolling" or something like that. But Vilardi? No way, especially since moving him down got his game going again and was obviously the right move. I mean, what young player has been handled better than Vilardi this year? I certainly can't think of one.

If someone isn't hurt, this reeks of something going down soon. The freeze ends in 4 days. Or, maybe just another head-scratcher, though a lot of those have worked out lately.

He's not wrong about Todds deployment. He made thing worse when he put Kempe at 3c and Valardi on the Wing. Neither guy had chemistry or scored until he changed things back. Kaliyev on the top line didn't work either.

Reactions: YAYSAY

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
He's not wrong about Todds deployment. He made thing worse when he put Kempe at 3c and Valardi on the Wing. Neither guy had chemistry or scored until he changed things back. Kaliyev on the top line didn't work either.
I actually thought Kaliyev looked pretty good on the top line.

And it's hard to knock deployments right now given the results of the last 10 games or so.

Reactions: YAYSAY

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
C'mon, this is a total reach. No 23-year-old is going to call out a coach or even do it in a way that it can be implied. That's a great way to get the wrong reputation and screw your future prospects. Superstars rarely even do that.

Not only that, the reason Vilardi has moved around is because the winger and center he was jelling with got injured and ill respectively, which basically dissolved that line for the time being. That had nothing to do with TM, and I highly doubt he is upset with Todd for stapling him to the first line right after that and consistently putting him out on PP1.

I could see a guy like Kaliyev being puzzled at a decision, but he certainly wouldn't say anything. Or maybe a vet like Kopitar or Doughty saying "It's obvious we need to get our lines rolling" or something like that. But Vilardi? No way, especially since moving him down got his game going again and was obviously the right move. I mean, what young player has been handled better than Vilardi this year? I certainly can't think of one.

If someone isn't hurt, this reeks of something going down soon. The freeze ends in 4 days. Or, maybe just another head-scratcher, though a lot of those have worked out lately.
👍

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Yotes playing well, and having the run of it. Apropriate response from JAD and appropriate response from Lemieux to back up JAD. aLthough he was too close to putting the Kings down a man. With Kopitar, Fiala, Arvidson and Kempe. The Kings should be a threat on the 4 on 4 if a LD does not get wrong handed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad