GDT: 2022-23 season game 37 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:30pm 12/23/22

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FkpcyIWWQAEc1_9

Los Angeles Kings (19-12-5, 43pts, 2nd in Pacific)@ Arizona Coyotes(10-16-5, 25pts, 7th in Central)
Mullett Arena | Tempe, AZ
TIME: 6:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

REGULAR SEASON STATS
SFqHhkv.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings
bvGtkZp.png

HGlcTkP.png

phzMZGc.png

KcElvz0.png

Scratched: Carl Grundstrom, Sean Walker, Samuel Fagemo, Brendan Lemiuex
Covid: N/A
Injured: N/A

:coyotes
iEJAUln.png

DknWqk9.png

Injuries: Andrew Ladd, Liam O'Brien
Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Good chance to scout Chychrun. Maybe he'll have a good game. Last year remember Kupari getting a diving call when he mocked Chychrun & the refs for a dive & resulting soft call. Also remember Kaliyev taking the puck from him & skating away at speed.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
This is actually a really big game tonight. A 5-game win streak heading into the break would be a huge boost for this team, and a Kings win and a Vegas loss tonight puts us 2 points back of Vegas for first in the division (albeit Vegas will have a game in hand) and 6th in the league (in points, not points percentage).

It’s also a game we should win, but we all know how that goes.

After Christmas last year, LA went 30-16-6 in 52 games, a 106-point pace over 82 games. If we can get to that pace in our remaining games, we’ll finish the year with 101 points. We’re currently pacing 98 points, slightly behind last season’s 99.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Coyotes are 4-3-2 at home.

Arizona home games this month:
12/9 v. BOS 4-3 W
12/11 v. PHI 5-4 OTW
12/16 v. NYI 5-4 W
12/17 v. BUF 5-2 L
12/19 v. MTL 3-2 OTL

3-1-1 at home in December including a win over Boston. All 1 goal games except one.

As you can see, this is likely going to be a tough close game.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This is actually a really big game tonight. A 5-game win streak heading into the break would be a huge boost for this team, and a Kings win and a Vegas loss tonight puts us 2 points back of Vegas for first in the division (albeit Vegas will have a game in hand) and 6th in the league (in points, not points percentage).

It’s also a game we should win, but we all know how that goes.

After Christmas last year, LA went 30-16-6 in 52 games, a 106-point pace over 82 games. If we can get to that pace in our remaining games, we’ll finish the year with 101 points. We’re currently pacing 98 points, slightly behind last season’s 99.

They really have to keep doing what they're doing. The schedule is now softer and they're at home or near home till the end of january. This is when they ahve to make up the points they've been shitting away. No excuses anymore--travel is over, teams aren't top contenders, we are getting relatively healthy, goaltending is stable. AZ has trended up recently but there's no reason they should not win this game. If they don't, it will make the previous ones look flukey since it took OT to put away some troubled teams. I want a strong regulation win.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Reactions: shuchukfan

EmuRidingLuffy

Jun 4, 2022
QLD, Australia
Vilardi: “This year for me, I feel like I’ve played with so many different guys all year,” Vilardi said. “You like to stick with some sort of line and build chemistry that way, but last night I just kind of went with the flow and we had a good game. Now, we’ve got to do it again tonight.”

per LAKI
Well they are coming off a win, so line blend away. Clearly the players enjoy it too.

Reactions: psych3man

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Some of it is really random and nice to see. I never would have imagined Kempe and Arvidsson having chemistry, both are 'puck hogs' and I don't mean that in a negative way. Lizotte and Gabe. Etc.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Vilardi: “This year for me, I feel like I’ve played with so many different guys all year,” Vilardi said. “You like to stick with some sort of line and build chemistry that way, but last night I just kind of went with the flow and we had a good game. Now, we’ve got to do it again tonight.”

per LAKI
Well a few times Ive read between the lines w Vilardi.. seems like he doesnt like the way he's being coached (ie moved around). Cant blame him.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well a few times Ive read between the lines w Vilardi.. seems like he doesnt like the way he's being coached (ie moved around). Cant blame him.

I love Gabe's cockiness, honestly. He's walking the walk so I have no problem with him implicitly calling out Toddy's bizarre deployments. Good for him. He's saying what a large number of us are, and I'm sure what a lot of players that aren't 28 and older are thinking.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Coyotes are 4-3-2 at home.

Arizona home games this month:
12/9 v. BOS 4-3 W
12/11 v. PHI 5-4 OTW
12/16 v. NYI 5-4 W
12/17 v. BUF 5-2 L
12/19 v. MTL 3-2 OTL

3-1-1 at home in December including a win over Boston. All 1 goal games except one.

As you can see, this is likely going to be a tough close game.
Great information, thank you.

Reactions: johnjm22

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
They really have to keep doing what they're doing. The schedule is now softer and they're at home or near home till the end of january. This is when they ahve to make up the points they've been shitting away. No excuses anymore--travel is over, teams aren't top contenders, we are getting relatively healthy, goaltending is stable. AZ has trended up recently but there's no reason they should not win this game. If they don't, it will make the previous ones look flukey since it took OT to put away some troubled teams. I want a strong regulation win.
It would be nice but the strong regulation wins serve the standings better technically, if they come against teams more likely to actually be battling us to get in and potentially in the playoffs. For morale and something to build on , overcoming our issue of going to OT, way too much, you are absolutely correct. The Kings home record was somewhat poor and they did what they did in the regular season and the playoffs last year based on above average road results. A cause for concern, the success at home will be paramount, especially with the asymmetrical schedule.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I love Gabe's cockiness, honestly. He's walking the walk so I have no problem with him implicitly calling out Toddy's bizarre deployments. Good for him. He's saying what a large number of us are, and I'm sure what a lot of players that aren't 28 and older are thinking.

C'mon, this is a total reach. No 23-year-old is going to call out a coach or even do it in a way that it can be implied. That's a great way to get the wrong reputation and screw your future prospects. Superstars rarely even do that.

Not only that, the reason Vilardi has moved around is because the winger and center he was jelling with got injured and ill respectively, which basically dissolved that line for the time being. That had nothing to do with TM, and I highly doubt he is upset with Todd for stapling him to the first line right after that and consistently putting him out on PP1.

I could see a guy like Kaliyev being puzzled at a decision, but he certainly wouldn't say anything. Or maybe a vet like Kopitar or Doughty saying "It's obvious we need to get our lines rolling" or something like that. But Vilardi? No way, especially since moving him down got his game going again and was obviously the right move. I mean, what young player has been handled better than Vilardi this year? I certainly can't think of one.

5 RHDs in the lineup tonight.

Come the f*** on, staff.

If someone isn't hurt, this reeks of something going down soon. The freeze ends in 4 days. Or, maybe just another head-scratcher, though a lot of those have worked out lately.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
C'mon, this is a total reach. No 23-year-old is going to call out a coach or even do it in a way that it can be implied. That's a great way to get the wrong reputation and screw your future prospects. Superstars rarely even do that.

Not only that, the reason Vilardi has moved around is because the winger and center he was gelling with got injured and ill respectively, which basically dissolved that line for the time being. That had nothing to do with TM, and I highly doubt he is upset with Todd for stapling him to the first line right after that and consistently putting him out on PP1.

I could see a guy like Kaliyev being puzzled at a decision, but he certainly wouldn't say anything. Or maybe a vet like Kopitar or Doughty saying "It's obvious we need to get our lines rolling" or something like that. But Vilardi? No way, especially since moving him down got his game going again and was obviously the right move. I mean, what young player has been handled better than Vilardi this year? I certainly can't think of one.

He said what he said, man.

obviously his primary intention isn't to call out the coach but those words aren't meaningless.

Gabe's a guy whose emotions aren't well hidden, if he's expressing a dire to 'settle down' he's not being coy.

Reactions: psych3man

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That arena is really a bad look for an NHL team. They had to remodel the locker rooms to start the season because they were too small.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad