GDT: 2022-23 season game 34 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:30pm 12/17/22

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Copley has been very good, but the defense has, by and large, been very bad.

The issue with Quick and Cal is they've not made saves to cover some of the defensive lapses
So you're telling me a 30 year old ahl goalie is overcoming the very bad defense.....

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So you're telling me a 30 year old ahl goalie is overcoming the very bad defense.....
I'm telling you that I think goaltending AND defense are both problems. I don't consider Copley the solution, yet. Both because of sample size and because the workload of a starter is significantly different from a backup.

Seeing Spence last season, this season in the AHL- its obvious he should have started the season in the NHL. With the others- Walker should be traded or simply waived....if Peterson can be sent to AHL to make main roster stronger so can Walker. Bjornfot being sent down a total folly.

Good to see back to back wins though.
I kind of understood sending Spence down at the season's start. I thought he had a rough preseason.

But he acquitted himself fairly quickly, especially relative to the other tire fire defenders.

Copley outplayed Petersen in training camp and it took way too long to call him up.

Bjornfot shouldn't have gone down, but because he didn't have better control of the game flow like he's shown in individual games, I wasn't surprised.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Copley has been very good, but the defense has, by and large, been very bad.

The issue with Quick and Cal is they've not made saves to cover some of the defensive lapses
I think the defense has been coincidentally better in the games Copley has played.

Copley would have got lit up in the Toronto or Columbus games IMO.

I don't want to sound like I'm not giving him credit, because he has played as good as anyone could expect of him, but he's been a little bit more fortunate than Quick/Cal in terms of the way the team has played in front of him.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Spence and Clarke are both such vastly superior options to Walker and Roy it’s hilarious.

Blake has made a bad, bad habit out of committing to way too many years on his contracts. Kovalchuk, Peterson, Walker, Roy were all a year too long at least.

Let’s hope Moore isn’t on that list soon.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Spence and Clarke are both such vastly superior options to Walker and Roy it’s hilarious.

Blake has made a bad, bad habit out of committing to way too many years on his contracts. Kovalchuk, Peterson, Walker, Roy were all a year too long at least.

Let’s hope Moore isn’t on that list soon.
And don't forget Austin Wagner has been sitting in Ontario making an NHL paycheck for a couple years now.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I hope the kings string together some wins behind Copley but let's not act as if he didn't allow 6 in 20 minutes the other day.
How many times do you see a team score 6 goals in a period. The whole team fell apart. Even the worst teams in the NHL don't give up 6 goals in a period. That ugly 3rd period was the worst of Copley we have seen, but all the other periods since his call-up have been well. I like to think Copley got the worst out of the way in that 3rd period. I'm not saying Copley will turn into a Jordan Binnington, but he's the absolute best Kings goalie right now and he shouldn't be messed with being the starter. I think you give Quick a start to spell Copley for a game and to try to get Quick going a little bit bcuz you still need 2 goalies to rely on in the NHL now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00