GDT: 2022-23 season game 34 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:30pm 12/17/22

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Pure stupidity don't you think. The rule I mean not you
I mean, I understand the rule. It's not really any different than live. For instance, you can't have a 5 on 2. They just add more time to the board. The crazy thing is that once the powerplay ends without a goal, the teams play 4 on 4 until a stoppage.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Well, the Kings are still inconsistent. But at least they had a better showing against a weaker team than Buffalo.

Copley providing more stability in net. He's been earning the starts.

Reactions: kinghock

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Might be this years Ben Scrivens.
He's better than what Scrivens was. Copley is underrated. Take it from me as long time Caps fan. The Caps are one of the best teams generating NHL goalies. After the '18-'19 season backing up Holtby, Copley was beaten out by Vanecek/Samsonov. He then fell in the depth chart as Fucale, Shepard and Clay Stevenson all moved ahead of him. He became a free agent and was a good signing for the Kings weak goalie depth. Quick/Petersen have not been good enough this season, so a door opened for Copley. He paid his dues in the AHL and now he's trying to run with it.

P.S. - Some ppl talk like Copley is old, but he's only age 30. He's 2 years past the prime age(28) for goalies, but certainly not old like Quick.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Just no words on what's happened to these two. Just hard to watch at times.
They've gotta get them out of the AHL for that very reason.

Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Byfield - Vilardi
Turcotte - Lizotte - Kaliyev
JAD, Grundstrom

Bjornfot - Doughty
Anderson - Spence
Durzi - Roy
Edler

Copley
Quick

I don't love the Durzi/Roy pairing, but until there's a trade, I don't know what else to do. Durzi on the left is marginally better than Edler in the lineup. I'd happily trade either one of Durzi and Roy to get a better left-handed defenseman on the roster.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I’m very happy for Copley… he’s making the best of his time here and is such a calm presence in net. But, man, seeing Quick on the bench just hurts a little. 🥹
Quick is age 36. He wasn't gonna be great forever. I just feel his style doesn't suit well in the faster NHL anymore. Quick used to be faster than a lot of players, but now the players are faster than him. He needs to play behind a team with a Sutter system to stay successful.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
He's better than what Scrivens was. Copley is underrated. Take it from me as long time Caps fan. The Caps are one of the best teams generating NHL goalies. After the '18-'19 season backing up Holtby, Copley was beaten out by Vanecek/Samsonov. He then fell in the depth chart as Fucale, Shepard and Clay Stevenson all moved ahead of him. He became a free agent and was a good signing for the Kings weak goalie depth. Quick/Petersen have not been good enough this season, so a door opened for Copley. He paid his dues in the AHL and now he's trying to run with it.

P.S. - Some ppl talk like Copley is old, but he's only age 30. He's 2 years past the prime age(28) for goalies, butGo certainly not old like Quick.
Thanks for the report this was all news to me.

Ya, it's kinda weird to read everyone from prominent posters here on the Kings forum to Jim Fox acting like Copley's destiny is cemented as this stopgap right here and now. I'm glad he's getting a chance to see some pucks, goalies are a unique breed and have shown to have some success on the back end of careers for some reason.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
It was not a very good game. Neither team was sharp. But neither team was a disaster.
Copley looks good.
Spence is better than Walker.
JAD-Kupari-Vilardi was solid but their matchup wasnt a great test. Sharks bottom six is boof. Could be good going forward with more time together though.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Quick is age 36. He wasn't gonna be great forever. I just feel his style doesn't suit well in the faster NHL anymore. Quick used to be faster than a lot of players, but now the players are faster than him. He needs to play behind a team with a Sutter system to stay successful.

Trust me, I know. I’ve been dreading this. I still think he will finish this season strong. With how bad the Kings have been as a whole and on the back end, Quick was going to feel it too.

Reactions: ru4reals and Telos

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
They've gotta get them out of the AHL for that very reason.

Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Byfield - Vilardi
Turcotte - Lizotte - Kaliyev
JAD, Grundstrom

Bjornfot - Doughty
Anderson - Spence
Durzi - Roy
Edler

Copley
Quick

I don't love the Durzi/Roy pairing, but until there's a trade, I don't know what else to do. Durzi on the left is marginally better than Edler in the lineup. I'd happily trade either one of Durzi and Roy to get a better left-handed defenseman on the roster.
Agree. I'm actually okay with not rushing the prospects, but at this point I'm just afraid both won't make it through the season in the A. Would love to see this lineup at some point in the season.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Two good wins. They were in the shootout, but that means the King's made it through OT without giving up a goal. Sticking with it for the whole 65.

Doughty fanning on multiple routine clears in the D-zone to end the game. Does he still have a problem coming off his hand surgery? He missed really wide on a couple of shots too, but did that before the injury so it's hard to tell. :skeptic:

Big two points with Oilers blowing it.

Reactions: 21Dog

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Two good wins. They were in the shootout, but that means the King's made it through OT without giving up a goal. Sticking with it for the whole 65.

Doughty fanning on multiple routine clears in the D-zone to end the game. Does he still have a problem coming off his hand surgery? He missed really wide on a couple of shots too, but did that before the injury so it's hard to tell. :skeptic:

Big two points with Oilers blowing it.
Doughty played 30 mins in the game. I think him fanning on the puck multiple times and making some bad passes, was due to fatigue. With how fast the game can be now, nobody should be playing 30 mins in a game.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Doughty played 30 mins in the game. I think him fanning on the puck multiple times and making some bad passes, was due to fatigue. With how fast the game can be now, nobody should be playing 30 mins in a game.
I wonder who is making that deployment decision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad