GDT: 2022-23 season game 34 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:30pm 12/17/22

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Good game by Danault, Fiala, and Copley. Keep it up and win a couple more.
8E9711C8-D015-4BFD-A734-0C38EC805E24.jpeg

Reactions: mysterman2

aceofpace

Mar 19, 2016
I don't love the Durzi/Roy pairing, but until there's a trade, I don't know what else to do. Durzi on the left is marginally better than Edler in the lineup. I'd happily trade either one of Durzi and Roy to get a better left-handed defenseman on the roster.
I would trade both Durzi and Roy to get a left handed dman and pair him with Clarke. But what team has more rhd than lhd?

Reactions: AbsentMojo

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
dont want to buzz kill, but ugggh

I feel like I’ve said this 100 times in the past two years. The AHL is a f***ing joke when it comes to players with no future being able to run blue chip prospects with little to no consequence. It’s a f***ing development league where most teams are owned by parent NHL clubs and this shit happens 5 times more in it than it does in the NHL. It’s a f***ing joke.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Soooo maybe the defense isn't bad it's just the goaltenders. Just saying
Shayna Goldman did a write up earlier in the year that pointed out that although we’re giving up more chances than last year that our improvement in offense is even greater.

It was the fact that we had the literal worst goaltending in the league that was the biggest problem. I think Quick and Petersen were over 20+ goals allowed above expected by game 25 or something crazy like that.

Reactions: Axl Rhoadz

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Shayna Goldman did a write up earlier in the year that pointed out that although we’re giving up more chances than last year that our improvement in offense is even greater.

It was the fact that we had the literal worst goaltending in the league that was the biggest problem. I think Quick and Petersen were over 20+ goals allowed above expected by game 25 or something crazy like that.
I keep saying that Petersen's gaffes alone has cost us 6 points...and if we had those 6 points we'd be battling for 1st in the division right now.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I hope the kings string together some wins behind Copley but let's not act as if he didn't allow 6 in 20 minutes the other day.
Well, they kinda already have, right? He’s won 4 out of the 5 he’s played.

The BUF debacle was on the whole team, 100%. Take that one period away and look at his SV%.

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
Th
I have a hard time blaming Copley for many, if any, of the goals against in the Buffalo game.
That's how I see it too. The Kings goals-against struggles are to be blamed first and foremost on the inextricable combo of bad D and bad goaltending. If we have a better performance in nets that's great but it doesn't address the net front. Some here are doing some disingenuous acrobatics to say it's one or the other

I think its time to update your username.

Some options:

Jon and Juice
I Danault
I like it Lizotte
Mary Trevor Moore
Walker like an Egyptian
Never! I photoshopped the avatar myself :/

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I am glad we can finally beat these sharts. Been a few years where we looked like we can't beat them anymore.
Alot has to do with Pavelski, then Jones and Burns leaving but I feel good right now against them. 4 games in 7 nights wasn't easy but we should take this win as a big positive.

Need to approach the Seattle and Vegas teams with similar mindset, I don't feel good about beating either of those teams right now. Just need to find a way.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Soooo maybe the defense isn't bad it's just the goaltenders. Just saying
Copley has been very good, but the defense has, by and large, been very bad.

The issue with Quick and Cal is they've not made saves to cover some of the defensive lapses

Reactions: ru4reals

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Seeing Spence last season, this season in the AHL- its obvious he should have started the season in the NHL. With the others- Walker should be traded or simply waived....if Peterson can be sent to AHL to make main roster stronger so can Walker. Bjornfot being sent down a total folly.

Good to see back to back wins though.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Two skills competition wins in a row does nothing to generate confidence in me the viewer. Hopefully the team builds off it, but the issues are still the issues, lately masked only by Copley and the worst division I can remember.

Byfield and Turcotte may never make it (back) to the NHL with the way they've handled things, wonderful. But at least we're relying on a bunch of 30 year olds to squeak out wins hopefully to stay in the playoff race while they die.

Yeah I thought it's weird to have durzi playing the left side when Bjornfort played most of the season with the kings last year. I'm not sure what caused him to be sent down. I think it's time to start cutting down the number of projects on the roster. There is no place for Lias Anderson or JAD when Lemeiux is healthy and Byfield earns another shot.

In other news, I'm going to the Blackhawks NYR game tonight. If anyone is watching on ESPN look for a guy wearing a Griswold 00 jersey in the stands!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00