GDT: 2022-23 season game 32 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @4:00pm 12/13/22

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I totally get the decisions across the roster, but the glaring ones are the problem. I don't sweat things like JAD/Fagemo, etc because in the big picture they don't matter much. And while I'm onboard with the coaching incompetence, it's not always what is driving decisions. Maybe they see that JAD isn't fitting down the middle and they want to see what he does on the wing with play drivers, it's his last gasp with the org in all likelihood and hey, it worked in the AHL with Tynan. Or maybe they want a defensively responsible player on the 2nd due to matchups and he fits the bill. Yeah, I'm a bit down on Fagemo currently but regardless of position JAD has been better than him right now, and if one of them needs to be on the 2nd line I think it's the correct move.

The Kempe thing bugs me the most, I would not have done that. Personally, I wouldn't even have Fagemo up at the moment, I would have flown Byfield in and put him on the 3rd with Iafallo and Vilardi, then I would have slotted Kempe in on the 2nd.

I guess, but with Arvidsson out, why not play Kupari there on the second line instead?

Moore - Danault - Kupari

Or bump Vilardi up to the second line and have Kupari center the third line?

Iafallo - Kupari - Kempe

JAD has been and will likely always be a fourth-line character guy, there just isn’t a ton of offensive upside there. When you have right-handed, offensive-minded guys like Fagemo and Kupari on the roster, and a top six right winger is out, it makes me wonder why we’re putting JAD in that role.

Reactions: funky

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
lizotte grabbed cozens’ stick out of his hand and drew a hooking call lol

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Doughty and Kopitar slowing down the PP amazing lol
True enough, but I will say and give credit to Kopi in that he has impressed me lately by still eeking out and finding offense and production while no longer being the playmaker and offense generator on the team. I've been crapping on him because he cannot create offense anymore, but Fiala has found a way to get more offense out of Kopitar and he has found a way to stay relevant.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Did anyone else’s sound go out on Ballys?
My sound is out of sync by a few seconds. Samsung TV app. Really poor experience so far with Bally Sports. I’m close to just paying for Spectrum or whatever.

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
If the Kings lose I'll be pissed. Because they're the better team. I will ask for answers from management.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
coulda called that about 15 times tonight, guess now is better than never

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
For all the heat Laf, Byfield and Kakko get about becoming busts Im surprised Power doesnt get the same treatment. Defensemen take longer I suppose but every time I watch Buffalo he is pretty vanilla.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad