GDT: 2022-23 season game 32 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @4:00pm 12/13/22

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
JAD is fodder....so....JAD 23 years old, is fodder, as a former 2nd rounder, but Fagemo at 22 years old...former 2nd rounder...is....expected to be a scoring leader???

f*** those are some lofty expectations for a guy with 6 NHL games....

Absolutely.

JAD was waived in favor of Lizotte all year last year, who by all indications had taken his spot. He was waived again at camp this year, and was only up for a bottom six spot after injuries. He has nearly always projected as a 3C/4C. He would not even have been on the current roster if 31 other teams felt he was worthy of a roster spot as they could have had him for free.

Fagemo has always projected as a middle six scoring winger.

So now we're playing the gritty two-way C JAD after all that on the 2nd line wing while the natural scoring winger who needs play drivers escapes the bench only to slot on the 4th after a great showing on the 2nd line wing?

I don't know why I'm explaining it to you when you have your mind made up but had to write it out to see how f***ing insane it looked and it's even dumber than I thought. How many guys can you play out of position in one organization?

"we have too many centers, let's play our depth center at scoring line wing and our scoring line winger can sniff salts at the end of the bench. While we're at it let's keep Durzi on the left despite being able to dress 3 LHDs and move our converted winger Kempe back to C."

Maybe try Spence in net next

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
calling up players and not playing them is just giving the players a little more money, happens with all teams.

With respect, this is like when the Erik Karlsson fans say 'all defensemen get beat.'

Yes, they do. It's about the frequency and magnitude. LA KEEPS doing it and keeps icing a dumber and worse roster in doing so. Not much of a 'reward' for anyone.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Absolutely.

JAD was waived in favor of Lizotte all year last year, who by all indications had taken his spot. He was waived again at camp this year, and was only up for a bottom six spot after injuries. He has nearly always projected as a 3C/4C. He would not even have been on the current roster if 31 other teams felt he was worthy of a roster spot as they could have had him for free.

So now we're playing the gritty two-way C JAD after all that on the 2nd line wing while the natural scoring winger who needs play drivers escapes the bench only to slot on the 4th after a great showing on the 2nd line wing?

I don't know why I'm explaining it to you when you have your mind made up but had to write it out to see how f***ing insane it looked and it's even dumber than I thought. How many guys can you play out of position in one organization?

"we have too many centers, let's play our depth center at scoring line wing and our scoring line winger can sniff salts at the end of the bench. While we're at it let's keep Durzi on the left despite being able to dress 3 LHDs and move our converted winger Kempe back to C."

Maybe instead of reacting to how fans react to prospect deployment and usage, the defenders should take some time educating themselves and watching the prospects play and reading what other professional scouts have to say about them?

Nah. The "true fans"* don't waste their time with stuff like that.

*note, I am not questioning anyone's fandom. Unfortunately, some like to pretend they are better fans than others (or tell critics to go be a fan of another team)

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Absolutely.

To be fair, and regardless of what they project to be, JAD has outperformed Fagemo offensively in the AHL. He's a much more dangerous player in nearly all situations, I've actually seen nothing from Fagemo that shows he will be an NHL middle sixer. Right now, I see JAD producing just as much (or more) as Fagemo at the NHL level with fewer deficiencies. That could all change in the future but Fagemo looks more like a 4th liner than JAD does at the moment.

If I were coaching I would do something different with RV out, but if I had to choose JAD or Fagemo for that 2nd line I would pick JAD every time. That line takes top opposition and he's far better defensively from what I've observed.

Besides, bitching about Fagemo seems to be just bitching to bitch. There are much more puzzling decisions than putting a player that looks like a future Frk or Andersson in a strange lineup spot for a game. Durzi should NEVER be on the left, for example. He's in there for offense and sucks on defense, I get it, but either pair him with a lefty or put his partner on the off side, because he completely blows at it.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Björnfot not playing is still perplexing. Given we are dressing 4 RHD why call up Spence unless they don’t trust Björnfot? If that’s the case send him down. Both not playing makes zero sense.
TM stated he’s confused so I don’t know why you are trying to make sense of the roster choices

Reactions: funky and Statto

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
TM stated he’s confused so I don’t know why you are trying to make sense of the roster choices
That’s a good point. I think there’s no reason to assume his choices are logical when he has himself admitted that he is confused

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
To be fair, and regardless of what they project to be, JAD has outperformed Fagemo offensively in the AHL. He's a much more dangerous player in nearly all situations, I've actually seen nothing from Fagemo that shows he will be an NHL middle sixer. Right now, I see JAD producing just as much (or more) as Fagemo at the NHL level with fewer deficiencies. That could all change in the future but Fagemo looks more like a 4th liner than JAD does at the moment.

If I were coaching I would do something different with RV out, but if I had to choose JAD or Fagemo for that 2nd line I would pick JAD every time. That line takes top opposition and he's far better defensively from what I've observed.

Besides, bitching about Fagemo seems to be just bitching to bitch. There are much more puzzling decisions than putting a player that looks like a future Frk or Andersson in a strange lineup spot for a game. Durzi should NEVER be on the left, for example. He's in there for offense and sucks on defense, I get it, but either pair him with a lefty or put his partner on the off side, because he completely blows at it.

It's about compounding bad decisions. Fagemo, Jad, spence, Kempe, Durzi, how many puzzling choices can one team make? And it sounds like you're agreeing with me there, so you're just nitpicking on JAD's perceived ability, when no matter how YOU feel about him, clearly the org hasn't made it a priority until literally tonight, given they've buried him for two years. I'm sorry but I'm not buying that they're suddenly thinking he's a 2nd line talent and deserves a shot.

Also re production and abilities I don't know what you're seeing but you're also comparing guys two drafts apart, a 2017 with a 2019, and despite that, Fagemo had 27 goals and 44 pts in 63 games last year while JAD had 24 goals and 47 points in 54 games. We're not talking about completely different ballparks here. And we are mostly talking about C vs. W here. We moved a W (Kempe) back to C only to move a C (JAD) back to W and ignored the natural W (Fagemo). The f***?

I mean disagree all you want I'm dug in not because it's the one example but because it's an example of how much these decisions are starting to cascade across the roster.

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It's about compounding bad decisions. Fagemo, Jad, spence, Kempe, Durzi, how many puzzling choices can one team make? And it sounds like you're agreeing with me there, so you're just nitpicking on JAD's perceived ability, when no matter how YOU feel about him, clearly the org hasn't made it a priority until literally tonight, given they've buried him for two years.

Also re production and abilities I don't know what you're seeing but you're also comparing guys two drafts apart, a 2017 with a 2019, and despite that, Fagemo had 27 goals and 44 pts in 63 games last year while JAD had 24 goals and 47 points in 54 games. We're not talking about completely different ballparks here. And we are mostly talking about C vs. W here. We moved a W (Kempe) back to C only to move a C (JAD) back to W and ignored the natural W (Fagemo). The f***?

I mean disagree all you want I'm dug in not because it's the one example but because it's an example of how much these decisions are starting to cascade across the roster.

I totally get the decisions across the roster, but the glaring ones are the problem. I don't sweat things like JAD/Fagemo, etc because in the big picture they don't matter much. And while I'm onboard with the coaching incompetence, it's not always what is driving decisions. Maybe they see that JAD isn't fitting down the middle and they want to see what he does on the wing with play drivers, it's his last gasp with the org in all likelihood and hey, it worked in the AHL with Tynan. Or maybe they want a defensively responsible player on the 2nd due to matchups and he fits the bill. Yeah, I'm a bit down on Fagemo currently but regardless of position JAD has been better than him right now, and if one of them needs to be on the 2nd line I think it's the correct move.

The Kempe thing bugs me the most, I would not have done that. Personally, I wouldn't even have Fagemo up at the moment, I would have flown Byfield in and put him on the 3rd with Iafallo and Vilardi, then I would have slotted Kempe in on the 2nd.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I am fairly certain that JAD was promoted to help reign in Danault who has lost the plot defensively over the last week or so. McLellan even called him out after the last game. Adding Fagemo or Vilardi in there keeps Danault on the front foot and perhaps a less offensive player might get him back to a more stable mindset.

But Kempe has been godawful up the middle, consistently over skating the puck straight into the walls, offering no support to his linemates. Kempe has been the biggest disappointment of the young season.

Honestly, with Edler clearly needing a breather and Doughty hobbling, I am surprised that they aren't dressing 7 defensemen tonight.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Everything points to this being a wild and crazy game.

So it will probably be a low-event snooze fest with a score of 3-1.

I would be shocked if Kings can hold them under 4 or 5 goals....maybe Copley stand on is head and steals one?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Complete possession dominance in the front half of the ice, puck juggling sloppiness in the middle of the ice, breakdown and a 2-on-0 in the defensive end of the ice.

Kings hockey baby. This game is a Pheonix Copley doozy save away from an early embarrassment and the season getting late early.

Reactions: tny760

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
His past 2 games Copley has made (2) unreal kick saves right at the goalmouth to prevent clear-cut goals.

200w.gif

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Couldn't believe Thompson wasn't going to pass or throw the puck away right there, then right at the last second he dekes out the player on him and keeps control. Really creative and interesting player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad