GDT: 2022-23 season game 29 LA Kings vs Toronto Maple Leafs @4:00pm 12/8/22

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Maybe because it's much easier to beat OTT than it is to beat a good team?
oh really? Sorry, I was under the impression that the Kings are a good team and they only lost due to TM sucking at his job.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Good game to miss and be at Disneyland with the kids. Still waaaay too soft a roster for my liking and this kind of shit cements it. Lizotte having to scrap. Kaliyev getting smoked. Durzi having to be the toughest guy out there.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
oh really? Sorry, I was under the impression that the Kings are a good team and they only lost due to TM sucking at his job.
People are discussing things wrong with the team like defense, leadership, penalty kill and goaltending besides coaching and you are fixated on just TM.
Why are you obsessed with him and why do you think hes so awesome in the first place? Or are you just trolling because you know most of this board thinks he sucks?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
People are discussing things wrong with the team like defense, leadership, penalty kill and goaltending besides coaching and you are fixated on just TM.
Why are you obsessed with him and why do you think hes so awesome in the first place? Or are you just trolling because you know most of this board thinks he sucks?
Sorry, I just read the last two pages of the game thread and the majority of posts would be related to the TM suckage. Did I miss something?

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Voy
I guess Voynov doesn't exist anymore. He has become "Thee Who Shall Not Be Mentioned"!
Intentionally left off. He became dead to me, when Rich Hammond posted that he pushed his wife down a flight of stairs. He almost immediatly deleted that. I am sure that someone in the org or VVs attorney made him delte it. Did anyone else see that?
No matter what you heard, read, this was probably sealed info and may be why he was jailed. Most of the stuff reported, would not put someone in jail.
Hammond knew stuff...he dug for info...like SOMEHOW knowing the Patrick O'Sullivan trade and leaking it.
VV was a POS. One of my best friends fell down a flight of stairs at a construction site and is paralyzed from waist down. VV should have gotten attempted murder.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Toby came in, played great, solidified a D pairing, we won...and then TM changed it up to go BACK. wtf is up with that and why is no one asking?

Tmac loves to stop using what works in favor of trying what hasnt worked repeatedly.

Kings win in St Louis in convincing fashion....Tmac decides to roll 7 d the next game they lose.
Kings win and Peterson looks solid, in spite of playing 50/50 goalie split; Tmac rolls peterson again...they lose.
Toby & Fagemo get called up and both play well- Tmac scratches both for lineup thats lost in convincing fashion since the season started. No reason either should not be playing in the lineup. Especially Bjornfot.

Just a bad coach at this point- Last nights roster was the same roster that made up the Seattle Debacle. Let that sink in....same roster that gets whopped repeatedly by the better NHL teams- and he suits them up again and not surprising- gets the same result.

Last edited:

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Why were they booing Durzi (besides being morons)? Because he got slashed in the back of the head or they felt he should have got at least roughing as well? It's not like he crumpled to the ice and acted like he was dead...or threw a check into someone's head.

As for Tmac, I'm really tired of his lack of calling timeouts. After the 2nd goal, it would have been the perfect time to try and settle the team down. Maybe he thought since it was around the time for the first TV timeout, he'd just wait until the stoppage. Unfortunately, the next stoppage was goal 3...

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I mean at this point I don’t see the point of Koala and the doofus who’s name I can’t remember coaching D. Why there isn’t more scrutiny on him at the moment is beyond me. Hillier has improved the PP so I’m ok with that but just seems like this coaching staff is not meshed cohesively.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
If you're talking to who I think you are, a reminder that they:
- call people who ignore others p***yes and also thus doesn't ignore anyone who upsets them
- have been called out multiple times for how their behavior is disruptive, but never actually tries to clean up their act
- even after they complain about what we discuss, they'll throw out dumb comments to ignite the discussion points they complain about.

Trolling at this point is a generous term, as even trolls can provide a degree of entertainment.

They want to make things miserable for people who are either trying to pass the time with discussion points or for people trying to reconcile their love of hockey with the dissatisfaction of the product on the ice. Either way, the goal is to make people miserable.

Why anyone continues to engage with such shitty behavior is beyond me. I look forward to the day I no longer see posts of people earnestly trying to engage with them.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
TMac isn't a bad coach. He's just an average coach. Not good, not bad. I have my criticisms of him, but every coach has their blind spots.

With that being said, you do get to a point, with any coach (even the great ones), where a team needs to hear a new voice.

The Kings are spending 81M+ on this roster. They made a big trade in the off season and signed Fiala to a big contract. When you do that, you're expecting the playoffs. If this team starts to fall out of the playoff picture, it will be interesting to see what Blake does. Hopefully nothing reckless.

When GM's become short term focused, bad things start to happen.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Tmac loves to stop using what works in favor of trying what hasnt worked repeatedly.

Kings win in St Louis in convincing fashion....Tmac decides to roll 7 d the next game they lose.
Kings win and Peterson looks solid, in spite of playing 50/50 goalie split; Tmac rolls peterson again...they lose.
Toby & Fagemo get called up and both play well- Tmac scratches both for lineup thats lost in convincing fashion since the season started. No reason either should not be playing in the lineup. Especially Bjornfot.

Just a bad coach at this point- Last nights roster was the same roster that made up the Seattle Debacle. Let that sink in....same roster that gets whopped repeatedly by the better NHL teams- and he suits them up again and not surprising- gets the same result.

Now your just making shit up.....

Why can't people just be honest with the shit......just say, I don't understand the professional game, but I hate the way he is coaching, so he sucks.....

Instead of just making shit up?

TMac isn't a bad coach. He's just an average coach. Not good, not bad. I have my criticisms of him, but every coach has their blind spots.

With that being said, you do get to a point, with any coach (even the great ones), where a team needs to hear a new voice.

The Kings are spending 81M+ on this roster. They made a big trade in the off season and signed Fiala to a big contract. When you do that, you're expecting the playoffs. If this team starts to fall out of the playoff picture, it will be interesting to see what Blake does. Hopefully nothing reckless.

This I can agree with, he may have very well lost the room.....if so, I still wouldn't expect anything done til after the holidays.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Why were they booing Durzi (besides being morons)? Because he got slashed in the back of the head or they felt he should have got at least roughing as well? It's not like he crumpled to the ice and acted like he was dead...or threw a check into someone's head.

As for Tmac, I'm really tired of his lack of calling timeouts. After the 2nd goal, it would have been the perfect time to try and settle the team down. Maybe he thought since it was around the time for the first TV timeout, he'd just wait until the stoppage. Unfortunately, the next stoppage was goal 3...
and he didn't even call it after the 3rd goal.
I get needing to keep your time out to do a coaches challenge, but it was clear LA was being steamrolled. Time out should have been used.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I agree wit this this, but one of things that is easy to see from the outside is roster utilization. Something I have not agreed with TM very much on.
I am beginning to wonder if the Sharks were top of the league all those years despite him, and also if Edmonton lost out on bargain contracts for Leon and McDavid with him at the helm.
On the other hand though, not like Blake has improved the D which everyone pointed to going into the offseason, and Edmonton's GM definitely did not do him any favors.
At the end of the day, the kings are going to be inconsistence the more they play prospects. And I want them to play the prospects more, so I should probably be expecting these wild swings.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
If the players don't hold themselves accountable, the GM decides to wait out every decision until it decides itself and hands his coach a mismatched set of tools AND the coach has limited ability to see and make the proper adjustments, your team is going to be limited to winning just the games in which their best players are fully on their games.

This team has enough talent to win a slight majority of its games, which should be just enough to stay in the playoff hunt while they hope that better teams stumble enough to keep their heads above water.

That's it, that's the best the Kings can hope for with what they have to offer. Nothing will change with this management team - they don't know how to win.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Now your just making shit up.....

Why can't people just be honest with the shit......just say, I don't understand the professional game, but I hate the way he is coaching, so he sucks.....

Instead of just making shit up?

This I can agree with, he may have very well lost the room.....if so, I still wouldn't expect anything done til after the holidays.

Every time he makes a gut feel...theyve lost the game. PERIOD. Now pardon me while I finish my F****** Del Taco Spicy Chicken Burrito with extra Del Effing Scorcho and watching the Effing Directors Cut of Blade Runner that highly suggests Deckard is a F****** replicant.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00