GDT: 2022-23 season game 28 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @4:00pm 12/6/22

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Why? We blame him for every loss, we can’t give him some credit for the wins? Now, THAT’s an ‘odd kink.’

Hang it baby, will look great in his trophy case

1670431932281.png

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You just proved you have too much time on your hands which might explain for 55k posts. Yikes...

Thanks man!

I've realized that whether I post reasonable responses or just shitpost I'll get the same vapid response so it's easy to run up the post count on ya

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
When was the last time the Kings had a player among the league leaders in scoring, and producing at over a point-per-game pace? Anze Kopitar in 2017-18?

Kevin Fiala has 30 points now, tied with the likes of Steven Stamkos, Auston Matthews, Artemi Panarin, and Roope Hintz.

I'd say they're getting their monies worth already from Fiala.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
I just don't get how they continue to employ a passive box that caves in and leaves so many passing options available. They apply absolutely zero pressure on the puck carrier.

For the same Reasons Kaliyev was stapled to the 4th line and getting little PP time and Durzi is being used on the PK.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
You must be new here.

A long, violent history of poo flinging around these parts from some of our more colorful regulars.

You’ll get used to it. Sprinkle in some mystery from the ignore list, and you may even enjoy it.
Pandas are not known to fling poo, but maybe I'll change my name to "Angry Chimpanzee".

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
When was the last time the Kings had a player among the league leaders in scoring, and producing at over a point-per-game pace? Anze Kopitar in 2017-18?

Kevin Fiala has 30 points now, tied with the likes of Steven Stamkos, Auston Matthews, Artemi Panarin, and Roope Hintz.

I'd say they're getting their monies worth already from Fiala.
But Bland said we lost the trade and Faber will be much more valuable in the playoffs.
I’m confused

/sarcasm

Last edited:

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
But Bland said we lost the trade and Faber will be much more valuable in the playoffs.
I’m confused

/sarcasm
I'm not supporting Bland's analysis of the trade; however, I will say that it is extremely early to say that the Kings won the trade seeing as the two assets going the other way were a pick and a prospect. Early returns say the Kings but we'd be in deep shit if the early returns weren't in the Kings favor.

I like Fiala. I actually think Bland likes Fiala: he just doesn't like the timing of the addition and the roster construction. As a fan and STH'er, it sure is fun to watch him stick handle and make wow plays. He's really fun and he drives offense: especially at even strength.

Fiala has a shit playoff history so far. If the Kings make the playoffs and he sucks again, this place won't be so thrilled about him.

This place loved Lucic during the 2016 season.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm not supporting Bland's analysis of the trade; however, I will say that it is extremely early to say that the Kings won the trade seeing as the two assets going the other way were a pick and a prospect. Early returns say the Kings but we'd be in deep shit if the early returns weren't in the Kings favor.

I like Fiala. I actually think Bland likes Fiala: he just doesn't like the timing of the addition and the roster construction. As a fan and STH'er, it sure is fun to watch him stick handle and make wow plays. He's really fun and he drives offense: especially at even strength.

Fiala has a shit playoff history so far. If the Kings make the playoffs and he sucks again, this place won't be so thrilled about him.

The incapability some people have of nuanced discussion, when detailed criticisms and rationale have been provided, is astounding.

bland

Jul 1, 2004

Just to add, if anyone is serious about supporting a contending team they should take a step back from the highlights and look at the actual impact the Fiala trade has had thus far.

Same position in the standings, same problems preventing the team from progress, same old shit as last year. More goals in both directions. Adding Fiala was like eating your dessert before dinner.

You can add the right player but at the wrong time. Skilled wingers are the absolute easiest thing in the league to acquire. Hell, the Kings dressed 7 offensive wingers in their top 9 last night. This team has massive structural issues that will limit their potential. A player like Faber enhances your structure. Makes your team more responsible, more determined, harder to play against. If the Kings were a year or two further along in the rebuild sure, I would get behind it, but this deal didn't solve any issues, it just hid them behind goals.

It could also be argued - easily argued - that the addition of Fiala changed the approach of the team from a more defensively sound unit to a more offensively oriented careless group that doesn't have the leadership skills to merge the two.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Just to add, if anyone is serious about supporting a contending team they should take a step back from the highlights and look at the actual impact the Fiala trade has had thus far.

Same position in the standings, same problems preventing the team from progress, same old shit as last year. More goals in both directions. Adding Fiala was like eating your dessert before dinner.
btw whats wrong with eating your desert before dinner? do it all the time.. but seriously now - there is nothing about this trade that hamstrings the Kings in the rebuild... it does regress them this year, but they have so many holes it did/does not matter. You have a great top 6 wing locked up at at or below the going rate and will be in his prime when the team finally congeals in a couple of years. Edit: this assume that Blake will fill the holes at LD, G in the short term

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

Same position in the standings, same problems preventing the team from progress, same old shit as last year.
Interesting...I could have sworn the #1 'problem' the Kings had last year was scoring goals. Finished #20 overall in that department.

Yet today, 28 games in, they are #2 overall in GF. What part of 'same shit as last year' does that fall under?

Reactions: Surf Nutz

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

You can add the right player but at the wrong time. Skilled wingers are the absolute easiest thing in the league to acquire. Hell, the Kings dressed 7 offensive wingers in their top 9 last night. This team has massive structural issues that will limit their potential. A player like Faber enhances your structure. Makes your team more responsible, more determined, harder to play against. If the Kings were a year or two further along in the rebuild sure, I would get behind it, but this deal didn't solve any issues, it just hid them behind goals.

It could also be argued - easily argued - that the addition of Fiala changed the approach of the team from a more defensively sound unit to a more offensively oriented careless group that doesn't have the leadership skills to merge the two.

Holy shit, in real life, you probably are one masochist piece of work......you claim to be a fan of this team, yet you can't find one single thing to actually be happy about it....

Last year: OMG we have no scoring, we can't score goals
This year: OMG we are scoring too much, there is no defense....

A guy like Faber does absolutely f***ALL for 32 teams in this league...right now....he's f***ing nothing, no one, not even a goddamn pro player, and yet you are lamenting that, he was the GLUE guy? Are you f***ing serious?

Yes, one day....maybe...in the future....he could be....a top 4 D, maybe......Thats what you are asking people to hang their hat on....holy shit.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2