Speculation: 2022-23 Roster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
I have no clue what you're even talking about. Doesn't make sense at all. Probably never watched Gawdin play?
You do realize that Grimaldi is a career AHLer and fringe NHLer at best and completely useless in a grinding role?
Gawdin was horrible in preseason. He looked like the definition of career AHLer…maybe he improves, but it‘s clear who the better player is right now

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I have a feeling White might be injured. I don't remember seeing much of him in the preseason, so it would be a surprise to see him make the opening night roster unless he somehow has some dirt on Verbeek.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Gawdin was horrible in preseason. He looked like the definition of career AHLer…maybe he improves, but it‘s clear who the better player is right now
I couldn't care less about preseason. It's good to shake off some rust but it's nothing like regular season games. And I liked what I saw from Gawdin previously. Grimaldi has had a lot of chances at NHL level and never managed to stick. He was highly regarded in Florida, got lots of chances but ultimately there was nothing but frustration. He's a career AHLer, maybe fringe NHLer if you wanna describe it nicely. Clearly a good guy but you'd probably want a fringe NHLer to be able to play a grinder role. Grimaldi can't do that which is a major disadvantage.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

That was always gonna happen (roster flexibility). Doesn't mean he's not gonna eat donuts in the press box during the season opener. I still think that's gonna happen. Unless he gets claimed of course but at this point, with most rosters set, that's probably unlikely to happen despite him being originally a rather popular FA.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Guess this is what we'll be submitting unless something wild happens in the next 3 hours

Henrique-Zegras-Vatrano
McTavish-Strome-Terry
Comtois-Lundestrom-Silfverberg
Jones-Grant-Regenda
Leason

Fowler-Klingberg
Kulikov-Dysdale
Benoit-Shattenkirk
Beaulieu
White

Gibson
Stolarz

• Wow
Reactions: Faterson

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Guess this is what we'll be submitting unless something wild happens in the next 3 hours

Henrique-Zegras-Vatrano
McTavish-Strome-Terry
Comtois-Lundestrom-Silfverberg
Jones-Grant-Regenda
Leason

Fowler-Klingberg
Kulikov-Dysdale
Benoit-Shattenkirk
Beaulieu
White

Gibson
Stolarz
Isn’t Gawdin still technically on our roster until tomorrow? If that’s the case, maybe they send down Regenda as a paper transaction, then bring him back up after Gawdin clears/gets claimed.

Reactions: barriers

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Unless he's Troy Terry, there really isn't.
I mean it depends on your expectations. Nobody expects Leason to ever score like Terry or even become a top6 player. However, with his frame, Leason doesn't have to in order to be an NHL regular.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Surprised no one claimed Mike Reilly.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Isn’t Gawdin still technically on our roster until tomorrow? If that’s the case, maybe they send down Regenda as a paper transaction, then bring him back up after Gawdin clears/gets claimed.
Not sure, I think it's the later. McTavish could also be sent down as a paper transaction (along with Zegras and Drysdale but this team isn't announcing a roster that doesn't have them on it)

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Not sure, I think it's the later. McTavish could also be sent down as a paper transaction (along with Zegras and Drysdale but this team isn't announcing a roster that doesn't have them on it)

Mctavish can't be sent down to San Diego. It'll have to be Regenda just to finalize the rosters today.

Reactions: barriers and MMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad