Speculation: 2022-23 Roster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
So we have 9 forwards with contracts right now. Lundy would make 10. We are either relying on guys like Perreault/Tracey/Groulx to step up and be ready for NHL minutes or we've got more signings to get done.

I wouldnt be shocked if Moore ends up in the lineup.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I know I've said it but we ain't running 3 kid centers, even if tanking. The Strome signing isn't surprising. Wouldn't surprise me if McTavish played this season at wing and then moved to center the year after.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Comtois-Zegras-Vatrano
Henrique-Strome-Terry
McTavish-Lundestrom-Silfverberg
Jones-Grant-Carrick

Fowler-Drysdale
Vaakanainen-Shattenkirk
Benoit-Mahura

Gibson
Stolarz

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
So now all we need to do , is sign palat . Trade for chcychryn, add an alec Martinez + a bigger physical dman. And move shatty out…

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Comtois needs to earn his spot. I'm not interested in gifting guys playing time. Best 12 go

I still think Comtois gets traded. If I were to guess... Grant, Shatty, Comtois and Henrique are traded by the deadline.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Hard to guess how it shakes out, especially if there's more coming, but I'm gonna hazard a guess that Strome won't play center even if McTavish also doesn't. I think he might be Zegras' RW to start.

Also don't think Vatrano will be in the top six but maybe that dynamic changes a little too and it's more of a top nine.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hard to guess how it shakes out, especially if there's more coming, but I'm gonna hazard a guess that Strome won't play center even if McTavish also doesn't. I think he might be Zegras' RW to start.

Also don't think Vatrano will be in the top six but maybe that dynamic changes a little too and it's more of a top nine.
I think he makes more sense with henrique though. Zegras/Terry and henrique/strome as playmaker/shooter combos seems to make some sense. Who knows though, Eakins wasn't really too big on Terry with zegras until he had no choice.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I think he makes more sense with henrique though. Zegras/Terry and henrique/strome as playmaker/shooter combos seems to make some sense. Who knows though, Eakins wasn't really too big on Terry with zegras until he had no choice.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Terry go with Strome and Henrique with Zegras and Vatrano. I agree, I dont think Eakins likes those 2 together.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

While I don't think you have to have playmaker/shooter combos, even if you did Strome isn't really a lesser shooter than Terry is. Terry this year shot the puck nearly double what he had previously, mostly out of necessity, and it was still just a little more than what Strome normally does.

I'm just going with what works. You know Rico-Terry works and Strome was at his most successful playing with one of the leagues premier playmakers and someone Zegras is at least comparable stylistically. Sort of like with Kesler and how instead of finding him a playmaking wing like many, myself included, wanted, they just found him linemates somewhat similar to what worked for him in Vancouver.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Comtois-Zegras-Vatrano
Henrique-Strome-Terry
McTavish-Lundestrom-Silfverberg
Jones-Grant-Carrick

Fowler-Drysdale
Vaakanainen-Shattenkirk
Benoit-Mahura

Gibson
Stolarz

Kick Comtois down to 3rd line and plug D.Strome in top 6. He's a lefty, although i think he has only played RW when not centering Kane.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm pretty sure there will be more signings and some trades even, but right now this is how I see it:

1657796710558.png

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad