GDT: 2022-23 Other Games around the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Okay but honestly, the Coyotes aren’t going to win another game this season. Just a disgusting roster.

Edit: Just want to add that Dylan Guenther, however good he may be in the future, has been brutal this season. 2 primary points and 27 shots at 5v5 in 25 games played with a minus 3 penalty differential and brutal possession metrics. So I wouldn’t be so quick to anoint him over Eklund.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Friday

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Okay but honestly, the Coyotes aren’t going to win another game this season. Just a disgusting roster.

Edit: Just want to add that Dylan Guenther, however good he may be in the future, has been brutal this season. 2 primary points and 27 shots at 5v5 in 25 games played with a minus 3 penalty differential and brutal possession metrics. So I wouldn’t be so quick to anoint him over Eklund.
Haha keep it rolling Jux!

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

I remember the last game the Coyotes played us and I made comments about how Guenther is a twig and he loses the puck pretty easily if someone checks him.
And how Barret Hayton kinda looks like Mason Mctavish of the Ducks but is a way worse player.

Well, right now I still feel the same way.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I remember the last game the Coyotes played us and I made comments about how Guenther is a twig and he loses the puck pretty easily if someone checks him.
And how Barret Hayton kinda looks like Mason Mctavish of the Ducks but is a way worse player.

Well, right now I still feel the same way.
Guenther’s got a great shot, but I just don’t see much else with him. Not to say he can’t get stronger, and a great shot can get you far in this league even if you aren’t good at anything else, but I just don’t see someone I regret passing on Eklund for. My 2021 list was: Power, Beniers, Clarke, Eklund, Hughes, Guenther, McTavish, Edvinsson, Johnson (or something like that), so maybe I overrated him a bit in his draft year, but I certainly don’t regret passing on Clarke or Guenther for him.

Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I wonder...if New Jersey has an interest in Meier, could the Sharks pry Mercer away from them?

Something like Meier + Ferraro for Mercer, Holtz, and a first...

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I wonder...if New Jersey has an interest in Meier, could the Sharks pry Mercer away from them?

Something like Meier + Ferraro for Mercer, Holtz, and a first...
I don't think they'd let go of Mercer. I think Holtz+1st++ would be a likely return from NJ though. I would like the additional plus to be a prospect defenseman like Mukhamadullin or Vilen.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Extremely long-con, success! Desert Dawgs forever!!

Reactions: Shark Finn

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Eklund did have 4 points in 9 games in the NHL, and he's much better now, so I expect next season he could put up similar production to what Guenther has.

Also i really want McDavid and Pastrnak to score 61. To put up more goals than Matthews a season after he hit 60 would be funny, considering Auston is the best goal scorer of his generation, apparently.

• Haha

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Eklund did have 4 points in 9 games in the NHL, and he's much better now, so I expect next season he could put up similar production to what Guenther has.

Also i really want McDavid and Pastrnak to score 61. To put up more goals than Matthews a season after he hit 60 would be funny, considering Auston is the best goal scorer of his generation, apparently.
Where do they make the delineation there, because Ovechkin has played with Matthews for the last 7 seasons.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Where do they make the delineation there, because Ovechkin has played with Matthews for the last 7 seasons.

I think people view generations based on age, draft. Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin are of one, and then the 2014-16 guys - Pastrnak, Marner, Draisaitl, Matthews, McDavid - are another. Certainly a decade apart is acceptable, but I don't know where the 07-09 guys come in - Kane, Stamkos, Tavares, Hedman, Doughty, Karlsson, etc - in the middle I guess.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Pretty embarrassing that Vancouver can’t even give a decent effort for Boudreau’s last game as coach. Just a fully trash organization, would genuinely prefer to be the Sharks with our bad contracts and lack of elite young players than the Canucks.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Pretty embarrassing that Vancouver can’t even give a decent effort for Boudreau’s last game as coach. Just a fully trash organization, would genuinely prefer to be the Sharks with our bad contracts and lack of elite young players than the Canucks.
This.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Calgary gets away with an egrigious uncalled interference in OT and prevents Columbus from getting another point.

• Wow

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
When Stamkos scored his 500th, the entire bench went onto the ice to celebrate. I imagine the refs only let that happen without penalizing Tampa because of the situation. I mean, could you imagine a bunch of players jumping over the boards for every important goal in a game?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
When Stamkos scored his 500th, the entire bench went onto the ice to celebrate. I imagine the refs only let that happen without penalizing Tampa because of the situation. I mean, could you imagine a bunch of players jumping over the boards for every important goal in a game?
Five more goals and Hertl has his 200th. Will Couture should lead the charge onto the ice? Will we question his leadership if he doesn't? :naughty::naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad