GDT: 2022-23 Other Games around the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I do think Chicago is that bad. If I had to place us, just off the top of my head, I think the three teams definitively worse than the Sharks are Chicago, Arizona, and Philly. Anaheim, Winnipeg, Buffalo, Seattle, Detroit, and Montreal could give us a run for our money.

Based on the way the Sharks played last night, I think only Arizona might be worse than the Sharks. Seattle was awful last night but their first two games weren't that bad.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Columbus and Arizona are the two definitely just as bad or worse teams. Montreal and Anaheim still has potential to crash and burn
Philly and Chicago should be on that list as well. Not entirely sure that Detroit, NJ (as long as Ruff is employed), and Buffalo are all that safe either. A lot of bad teams sadly.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Is Martin Jones the best goalie in Seattle?

Sorta.

He’s played well so far this year, and looked better than Grubauer.

They made the mistake of playing him against Vegas though, which he just should never do.

Not sure if they just ruined the confidence he was playing with by doing that and will get bad Jones moving forward.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Toronto media will be fun tomorrow, the Leafs lost to us and Anaheim in OT. That win puts Anaheim ahead of us in points percentage, setting up a huge 4 pt game in Tank Bowl standings on Tuesday.
Anaheim needs more points to pass the Sharks. Sharks still have a gargantuan 1 point lead.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Toronto media will be fun tomorrow, the Leafs lost to us and Anaheim in OT. That win puts Anaheim ahead of us in points percentage, setting up a huge 4 pt game in Tank Bowl standings on Tuesday.
Karlsson needs to get load managemented for that game.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Just wait until Karlsson inevitably gets injured and Reimer gets traded to a contender

There's still hope
Even then, I feel that there’s no way we can out-tank Anaheim. The Sharks may have little to no finishing talent, but there have been very few games where I felt that we were truly outclassed. Whereas the Ducks are laughed off the rink every night, they just chase the puck constantly like a junior team against men.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Even then, I feel that there’s no way we can out-tank Anaheim. The Sharks may have little to no finishing talent, but there have been very few games where I felt that we were truly outclassed. Whereas the Ducks are laughed off the rink every night, they just chase the puck constantly like a junior team against men.
I think Eakins will get fired soon(ish) and they’ll turn it around. They have so much more talent than their record. Zegras, Terry, Strome, Henrique, MacTavish, Vatrano are good forwards and Klingberg, Fowler are a good top pair and Gibson is much better than he’s looked. Will it turn them into a playoff team? No way but it should turn them into not a literal worst team in the league.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think Eakins will get fired soon(ish) and they’ll turn it around. They have so much more talent than their record. Zegras, Terry, Strome, Henrique, MacTavish, Vatrano are good forwards and Klingberg, Fowler are a good top pair and Gibson is much better than he’s looked. Will it turn them into a playoff team? No way but it should turn them into not a literal worst team in the league.
Strome is awful, Henrique is way past his prime, MacTavish is not a first line forward and never will be, and Vatrano is a tweener. Fowler and Klingberg is a horrific top pair and Gibson hasn’t been good in half a decade. Anaheim has two good players and no support structure and they get the snot kicked in every game. The Sharks are at least a real NHL team. Be objective.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Strome is awful, Henrique is way past his prime, MacTavish is not a first line forward and never will be, and Vatrano is a tweener. Fowler and Klingberg is a horrific top pair and Gibson hasn’t been good in half a decade. Anaheim has two good players and no support structure and they get the snot kicked in every game. The Sharks are at least a real NHL team. Be objective.
I mean I am being objective. Strome hasn’t quite fit in just yet but still has 5 in 9 so far and had 54 in 74 last season. Henrique has had a worst start than I thought but he’s still a fine 2nd line. Vatrano is a great complimentary forward. Fowler, Klingberg are a fine pair. They aren’t going to put up insane stats but it’s fine. Gibson is also fine.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Even in the game against the Leafs, Anaheim's defensive structure looked pretty bad. The Leafs are just so bad right now and can't drive the middle of the ice to save their lives. I could see 48, 28, and 65 having good games tomorrow if they're able to find space easier than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00