Waived: 2022-23 Ongoing Waivers Thread

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I always liked Juulsen, injuries cost him a lot of game and stalled him, but he had stretches before that when he was a reliable minute-eating defenseman.

I really hope he finds a stable spot in the NHL, I still think with the right team system and partner, he could contribute to a winning team.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Interesting that a few of these players are signed for next season if any team thought they might want to add those players to their team for next year.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Jankowski is signed and I think in general Preds fans like Sherwood and would be open to signing him for next season too. They are older and 13/14th forwards, even still, on a thinned Preds roster. I don’t imagine anybody wins any worthwhile prize claiming one.

It would be more of a “spite” thing if somebody wanted to care that much about the AHL playoffs. Which hopefully nobody is that petty. :dunno:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Is this conventional waivers? I think Coachella is still in the AHL playoffs.
seems they are returning him now that Kraken season ended, he'd been up since TDL
1684266401205.png

Reactions: Mike Jones

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Looks like no new waivers today, which means tomorrow is the last day for teams that want to buy out players that need waivers EDIT: Forgot that exception. (players with NMC can waive the waiver process)

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Looks like no new waivers today, which means tomorrow is the last day for teams that want to buy out players that need waivers EDIT: Forgot that exception. (players with NMC can waive the waiver process)

The buyout rule simply says the Buyout paperwork must be filed by June 30th 5pm EST. After which the player must be expediently placed on waivers—I.e. as soon as possible.

Players to be bought out are frequently placed on waivers June 30th and clear on July 1st.

Whats a little less clear is how they handle players whose buyout paperwork is filed between 12noon and 5PM EST on June 30th. That’s after the official 12noon waiver deadline. Technically the “next“ waiver filing date would be July 1st, clearing on the 2nd. But I suspect the NHL and PA have agreed to add all those players to the June 30th waivers list.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
That’s after the official 12noon waiver deadline. Technically the “next“ waiver filing date would be July 1st, clearing on the 2nd. But I suspect the NHL and PA have agreed to add all those players to the June 30th waivers list.
Sounds like... after hour trade deadline - allowance

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
per Chris Johnston no waivers today. I think Murray would have to be put on waivers by thursday for a friday buyout? feels like murray will not be bought out and something else will happen. IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad