Transfer: 2022/23 Best Signings & Biggest Flops of the Season:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Being “challenged” means the entire direction of the league changed? Dortmund is losing their best player and simply can’t stop bleeding their best players. They may challenge one year but it’s unsustainable.

It's not just Dortmund that have closed the gap on FC Hollywood. And after a decade of Bayern dominance, yeah, them losing a title here & there will be a big change.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know, I’m one of them and I didn’t rate him over them.

They still only scored one goal in the whole tie.

You hit it there, “earlier in the year” or season. He definitely slowed in the back half, but hard to complain too much.

Given he was the one with bDo hype last year who was brought in to replace Lewa, I'd say being their 5th-7th best attacker (depending on how you rate him against Müller and Tel) qualifies as a flop on the pitch as well as off of it.

Sure, but they came close to scoring before the meltdown started. If Upa had played like himself on that night they would have kept the pressure up and likely gotten the goal that Musiala came a toe away from giving them.

Gotcha, and yeah. He's still great but age is a thing and it definitely makes it harder to keep up with these damn kids :laugh:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Given he was the one with bDo hype last year who was brought in to replace Lewa, I'd say being their 5th-7th best attacker (depending on how you rate him against Müller and Tel) qualifies as a flop on the pitch as well as off of it.

Sure, but they came close to scoring before the meltdown started. If Upa had played like himself on that night they would have kept the pressure up and likely gotten the goal that Musiala came a toe away from giving them.

Gotcha, and yeah. He's still great but age is a thing and it definitely makes it harder to keep up with these damn kids :laugh:

Hype is exactly that, hype. As for being brought in to replace Lewandowski that’s a reflection on management, not the player. How he ranks against the other players is irrelevant as his numbers speak for themselves. He’s not a flop much less the biggest flop of the season.

Came close to scoring and scoring are two different things.

Yeah, he’s still doing really well and he’s in great shape. If we could get the Lewandowski from the first half or so of the season for another year that’d be great.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hype is exactly that, hype. As for being brought in to replace Lewandowski that’s a reflection on management, not the player. How he ranks against the other players is irrelevant as his numbers speak for themselves. He’s not a flop much less the biggest flop of the season.

Came close to scoring and scoring are two different things.

Yeah, he’s still doing really well and he’s in great shape. If we could get the Lewandowski from the first half or so of the season for another year that’d be great.

Can't agree with you here. The role a player is brought in to fill is directly connected whether that play is successful or a flop.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Can't agree with you here. The role a player is brought in to fill is directly connected whether that play is successful or a flop.

Well if you’re referring to the transfer and bringing him in to use him in a less than optimally at times and you‘re referring to management flopping, I still disagree in this case but I’m more in agreement with that than putting it on the player. Still just don’t view him as a flop.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well if you’re referring to the transfer and bringing him in to use him in a less than optimally at times and you‘re referring to management flopping, I still disagree in this case but I’m more in agreement with that than putting it on the player. Still just don’t view him as a flop.

Sometimes players flop and it's entirely their own fault. Sometimes players flop and it's entirely management's fault. Sometimes it's all on misfortune. And sometimes it's a combination of factors. Mane's an all-of-the-above flop, on & off the pitch.

His play on the pitch hasn't been good enough to warrant the headaches he's caused; he was brought in for a role that's not ideal for him because Kahn & Brazzo are idiots and Nagelsmann was there to bail them out; and he got hurt at a bad time.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Re: Colwill, if he turns out as good as Guehi I will be extremely happy (we shouldn't have sold Guehi, it was obvious at the time and remains obvious), and he has potential to be much better.

I don't think there's any argument for anyone besides Cucurella as flop of the season, honestly. Not even considering his price, he is very likely the worst player I have seen play for Chelsea since I've been a supporter. Add in the cost? No question.

Haaland is the obvious. Griezmann's return to Atletico is a great shout from @les Habs. Feels strange to shout out a signing on a team so dire, but Romeo Lavia deserves to get some love in here as well.

Reactions: les Habs

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Larin has got to be up there as one of the January signings of the season. One of if not the biggest reasons Valladolid is potentially staying up.

• Wow
Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Larin has got to be up there as one of the January signings of the season. One of if not the biggest reasons Valladolid is potentially staying up.

I'm sure he's not on that graphic due to name recognition, but Nicolas Jackson has 11 goal contributions, since March 12th.

As for Valladolid, I would just add that if they stay up that Barça bending over the other day certainly helped.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00