Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Let’s Run it Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Lol what do you mean? He reportedly skipped out on his military obligation, is wanted, and couldn’t leave because of his visa.

Nichushkin is willingly going back while knowing all of this is going on. That suggests he’s all good.
You realize this is all bullshit right?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You realize this is all bullshit right?

Maybe? Probably? They don’t play by the same rules though.

Other Russian players have been going back and forth from what I understand. Point is, I doubt Nichushkin would be going back if he didn’t think he’d be able to leave.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Maybe? Probably? They don’t play by the same rules though.

Other Russian players have been going back and forth from what I understand. Point is, I doubt Nichushkin would be going back if he didn’t think he’d be able to leave.
It won’t happen to me. I’m sure that was what Greiner was also thinking before she got taken into custody.

Bottom line, it’s a risk.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Maybe he is not going to Russia. Maybe he is just going to Dubai. Maybe his family will meet him there.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wonder if the Canes could be interested in Girard. They are looking for a PMD now..probably a LD too.

o6YCUaN.png

Since they were possibly moving on from Bear (RD) and Necas...there's a fit there for sure.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It would be odd for Nuke to leave in the middle of negotiations if they were going poorly.

I don't think it's the middle of negotiations that would make it odd, but it's the fact that it's 4 days before free agency starts that makes me feel comfortable about it.

Usually the player will stay in the states to be part of the media release or want to meet in-person with the GM and vice versa to make sure there's a fit. Not a done deal by any means, but between a lot of the positive media reports and him heading back to Russia makes me feel that a deal is close enough to being completed.

Wonder if the Canes could be interested in Girard. They are looking for a PMD now..probably a LD too.

o6YCUaN.png

Since they were possibly moving on from Bear (RD) and Necas...there's a fit there for sure.

I was thinking Girard to the Cnaes too, but looking at that I don't think he's their first choice. They have Slavin and Skjei there on the left side and while Girard can play the right side, he's always looked better on the left. Their right side is Pesce and a bunch of nothing. If Florida moves Weegar I can see them being interested in Girard though.

Last edited:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I don't think it's the middle of negotiations that would make it odd, but it's the fact that it's 4 days before free agency starts that makes me feel comfortable about it.

Usually the player will stay in the states to be part of the media release or want to meet in-person with the GM and vice versa to make sure there's a fit. Not a done deal by any means, but between a lot of the positive media reports and him heading back to Russia makes me feel that a deal is close enough to being completed.

I was thinking Girard to the Cnaes too, but looking at that I don't think he's their first choice. They have Slavin and Skjei there on the left side and while Girard can play the right side, he's always looked better on the left. Their right side is Pesce and a bunch of nothing. If Florida moves Weegar I can see them being interested in Girard though.
Skjei can play on the right as well.

I’d rather grab Jarvis.

Newhook/Girard

Jarvis +
The point with a Newhook/Girard trade would be to acquire a 2C, which Jarvis is not.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Nah. Then we’re all heading over there to get our guy back to Denver. I’ll be right behind you guys…..

He’ll be fine if he’s actually going back.
It’s your idea but you’ll be “right behind us”? LOL. Lead from the back. Does that sound about right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille