2022-2023 Regular Season General Discussion

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Miro-Nils
Harley- x
Esa - Hakanpaa

Imagine that.
They’ve got enough prospect and decent enough pieces to trade for a top 4 RHD if one’s available and if they have the cajones to buy out Suter for a whopping 4.43 cap hit spread out over four years.

Reactions: MBTendy

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Can’t see DMX signing with us in off-season to play on 2nd pair
Well, Calvin Broadus signed with the Steelers last week.

1680887570008.png

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016

“I still feel like I’m a top-four defenseman in the league.” -Suter

Wow, something about Suter just rubs me the wrong way. I guess it’s because he can’t realize he just isn’t that good anymore and hasn’t played anywhere near the level of a top four defensemen. I bet he’ll be pissed and surprised when he gets bought out of a second contract this summer (fingers crossed).

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
A professional athlete has to have irrational confidence no matter if they're the 13th forward or the Hart winner. I hope every player thinks they're a superstar in their own mind. That's why we have a front office to separate delusion from reality.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Came across this Swedish Lundkvist interview that took place right before the game against the Rangers at MSG. Nothing spicy but kinda fun as European players tend to be more open when they speak in their native language. However, the subtitles are kinda iffy at times, but I don't blame the translator as they were speaking quite casually.

Some TL;DR notes that I think will be of particular interest for us as Stars fans:
  • He's not happy about the amount of minors he has taken thus far. It's something that he want to work on, though he thinks he has been a bit unlucky in that regard.
  • Seems to like the city of Dallas a little bit more than New York as it is a bit calmer and smaller. However, he doesn't seem to enjoy big cities in general.
  • He really enjoyed playing with Heiskanen for a few games and sees him as a top five defenseman in the league. "You just need to give him the puck and he'll figure out the rest" (paraphrasing).
  • He thinks that Dallas has a great mix of veterans and young players.
  • For the young players he mentions Johnston as someone who has been really good. He also mentions Oettinger, Robertson and Heiskanen as a big part of the team.
  • For the older guys he thinks that Benn, Pavelski and Seguin have all been playing great for the team.
  • Talks of Benn as a great leader that talks alot. Surprising to me as I've never had the impression that Benn is particularly talkative leader. :laugh:
  • Says the players are really buying into DeBoers system. He feels that they can win in many different ways.
Again nothing spicy but he seemed honest about most of it. He gave the impression that he really liked playing for the team.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wedge plays the road game and Otter the home game on fan appreciation night imho

Reactions: LT

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Yea I need to look into some type of subscription, NHL66 is unreliable this season and OnHockey is just trash quality.. I've made due with regular season but for playoffs I need quality streams that won't buffer and suck.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Yea I need to look into some type of subscription, NHL66 is unreliable this season and OnHockey is just trash quality.. I've made due with regular season but for playoffs I need quality streams that won't buffer and suck.
How do you know how reliable is nhl66 is for vods? Been thinking of trying it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad