2022-2023 outlook for your team

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Barrie

Cardwell (SJS) - Haight (22’ NHL) - McDonnell (TB)
Jelsma (22’ NHL) - Vierling (NYR) - IMPORT
Del monte - Beaudoin - frasca
Matthews - Grisolia - Jodoin
York
Lowe
Elinas

Clarke (LAK) - Akey
Punnett - Cholach (VGK)
Tiller - athcison

Lalama (OA)
Chartrand

Too many regulars in this lineup. Early 2nd rounders need to see ice. People need to be cut.

With vierling and McDonnell not signed they’ll be back. I also think cardwell is back, if not right away - mid season.

Most draft picks in the league.. bad goaltending. Do you trade Clarke this year for a huge return for impact player + picks to go all in next year, or do you try and make back to back runs over 2 years?

I'd bet good money Clarke is full time with the Kings next season.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Last year?

When does that ever happen? It doesn’t unless ur 1st overall

they moved out one guy, they brought in others and made a hard play for thompson. if they were not 'going' they would have moved foester et al,

Reactions: nelli27

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
they moved out one guy, they brought in others and made a hard play for thompson. if they were not 'going' they would have moved foester et al,
They were taking calls on Allensen and cardwell at the deadline. Foerster came back well after the deadline. The didn’t full sell due to the backlash of ppl threatening not to renew tickets on socials.

As a 19 yr old? Two or three of them every year.
I’m pretty sure if you aren’t a top 3-5 pick you are pretty much back everytime for 2 years after your draft year

That doesn’t include made up rules due to “covid”

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
They were taking calls on Allensen and cardwell at the deadline. Foerster came back well after the deadline. The didn’t full sell due to the backlash of ppl threatening not to renew tickets on socials.

I’m pretty sure if you aren’t a top 3-5 pick you are pretty much back everytime for 2 years after your draft year

over the last 10 years or so.....oreilly,, johansen, skinner, bennett, ehlers, fabbri, horvat, lazar, rielly, wilson. maatta, hayton, dobson, thomas, dubois, tkachuk, sergachyov,
chychrun, marner, zacha, provorov, crouse, konecny, beauvillier, dach, , cozens, sillinger

sergachev, reilly, dobson for sure are all pretty good examples. i think hes probably back but its more then you think. he has to pass doughty and now durzi on the depth chart. if they move out roy then all of a sudden there is a path.

fair on foerster but not sure they were shopping caldwell. maybe allensen due to the 01s they had. i know for a fact they presented a better offer to sudbury then the soo did on thompson but sudbury didnt want to make that move in the east. same reason they wouldnt move thomspon to hamilton who made a substantial offer.

spent two weeks looking at it but opted to stay the course and after guzda starting to play like he was, looked at thompson. i think they made a good call, problem is then never actually rebuild unless its forced, not how howie likes to do things, hes quite excitable.

Last edited:

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
over the last 10 years or so.....oreilly,, johansen, skinner, bennett, ehlers, fabbri, horvat, lazar, rielly, wilson. maatta, hayton, dobson, thomas, dubois, tkachuk, sergachyov,
chychrun, marner, zacha, provorov, crouse, konecny, beauvillier, dach, , cozens, sillinger

sergachev, reilly, dobson for sure are all pretty good examples. i think hes probably back but its more then you think. he has to pass doughty and now durzi on the depth chart. if they move out roy then all of a sudden there is a path.

fair on foerster but not sure they were shopping caldwell. maybe allensen due to the 01s they had. i know for a fact they presented a better offer to sudbury then the soo did on thompson but sudbury didnt want to make that move in the east. same reason they wouldnt move thomspon to hamilton who made a substantial offer.

spent two weeks looking at it but opted to stay the course and after guzda starting to play like he was, looked at thompson. i think they made a good call, problem is then never actually rebuild unless its forced, not how howie likes to do things, hes quite excitable.
Who do you know in the O to know there was a proposal?

Huh? When I say 19 year old I mean they are always back up until the year where they become overages. Marner was back 2 years after being drafted no?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Huh? When I say 19 year old I mean they are always back up until the year where they become overages. Marner was back 2 years after being drafted no?

marner played at 19, as did all those guys i listed.

if you followed me in the last 18 months, you'll see i post honestly. from the oshawa and windsor coaches to the draft where i had all the picks, i dont post things unless i know they are true.

edit; i should also say, i posted that the niagara sale was done 4/5 weeks before any hint it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: nelli27

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
marner played at 19, as did all those guys i listed.

if you followed me in the last 18 months, you'll see i post honestly. from the oshawa and windsor coaches to the draft where i had all the picks, i dont post things unless i know they are true.
You definitely have an impressive track record.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I’ve also noticed EVERY fan base thinking they’re gonna trade OA’s for assets/players. It just seems like there’s more of that this year and a lot of it is optimistic thinking there’s a market for mid-lower-level OA’s. Is ANYbody’s team looking for OA’s next year?

Ottawa will be in the market for an OA, maybe two but if they bring in an OA it would likely be a top 2 line centre not a depth player.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

The colts made four selling moves 2019-20; Tucker (Flint), Suzuki (Sag), York (PBO), Pekar (SBY).
I think you confused Thompson with Xhekaj. Kitchener let Barrie & NB bid up the price before sending Xhekaj home to finish his OHL career. That and finding out the colts were not one of three teams McTavish would waive his NTC to was enough for Williamson to trade Olausson and field offers for Cardwell. Papineau made two big deadline deals with the colts, and paid a large price for Nizhnikov; I have very little doubt he would he would have accepted an overpayment from the colts for Thompson. Also, it was Stillman that Hamilton was after so they could use him in a trade for McTavish.

Last edited:

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Hamilton is a tough one but I’ll do my best. OA graduates are Xhekaj, Staios, and Kammerer. McTavish will likely be in Anaheim next year (not AHL eligible) and Mysak is likely headed to the AHL. The Bulldogs have 9 OA eligibles next year: Morrison, Hayes, Mysak (likely AHL), Diaco, Duarte, Biondi, Sims, White, and Costantini.

I’ll do 2 lineup scenarios because Morrison and Hayes are the biggest question marks this early, especially with their production and still being draft eligible and AHL eligible.

Scenario #1: With both Morrison and Hayes. However, I think one is rather optimistic as I would expect one or the other at most.

Humphrey - Morrison (OA) - Hayes (OA)
Thomas - Sherk - Winterton
Anderson - Nelson - Brown
Vanacker - O’Keefe - Lee

Grushnikov - White (OA)
Van Vliet - Donovan
Moore - Roberts

Drobac - Malboeuf/Alves*

*Hamilton did draft a goalie in the first round of the U18 draft, so it is possible for Alves to slot in there.

Scenario #2: no Morrison or Hayes (gone to AHL or traded).

Humphrey - Sherk - Winterton
Diaco (OA) - Thomas - Duarte (OA)
Anderson - Nelson - Brown
Vanacker - O’Keefe - Lee

Grushnikov - White (OA)
Van Vliet - Donovan
Moore - Roberts

Drobac - Malboeuf/Alves

Overall not a bad lineup overall even with scenario 2, but the Bulldogs will be in rebuild mode. However, Steve Staios will undoubtedly want to make the playoffs to give younger players the extra experience.

It’s also important to note that by assuming Jan Mysak will be gone, there would be an open import spot in both scenarios.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The colts made four selling moves 2019-20; Tucker (Flint), Suzuki (Sag), York (PBO), Pekar (SBY).
I think you confused Thompson with Xhekaj. Kitchener let Barrie & NB bid up the price before sending Xhekaj home to finish his OHL career. That and finding out the colts were not one of three teams McTavish would waive his NTC to was enough for Williamson to trade Olausson and field offers for Cardwell. Papineau made two big deadline deals with the colts, and paid a large price for Nizhnikov; I have very little doubt he would he would have accepted an overpayment from the colts for Thompson. Also, it was Stillman that Hamilton was after so they could use him in a trade for McTavish.

you dont have to believe me, but as niell suggested, I’ve been right alot on here. I made no mistakes, the original hamilton/sudbury trade involved pharand and thompson, probably better for Hamilton anyways as they got MacTavish, but a better deal then soo offered.

papineau is happy to get guys from Barrie, not to much to give his captain to them.

like I said, just like the draft where I posted the top 12/13 pics, I post what I know, take it or leave it

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
you dont have to believe me, but as niell suggested, I’ve been right alot on here. I made no mistakes, the original hamilton/sudbury trade involved pharand and thompson, probably better for Hamilton anyways as they got MacTavish, but a better deal then soo offered.

papineau is happy to get guys from Barrie, not to much to give his captain to them.

like I said, just like the draft where I posted the top 12/13 pics, I post what I know, take it or leave it
Sudbury - Hamilton discussions may have switched to Thompson from Stillman for Pharrand and picks at one point (there was likely many discussions between all managers that would never amount to anything); but Oke failing in direct talks with Sudbury, tried to broker a McTavish - Stillman trade late December - early January; then, turned to London to facilitate a Stillman trade.

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Sudbury - Hamilton discussions may have switched to Thompson from Stillman for Pharrand and picks at one point (there was likely many discussions between all managers that would never amount to anything); but Oke failing in direct talks with Sudbury, tried to broker a McTavish - Stillman trade late December - early January; then, turned to London to facilitate a Stillman trade.
your quoting what ohl insiders said, there is no truth that london got involved. why would sudbury want mctavish? london totally wanted stillman but they couldnt get peterborough to sell him on the cheap, which is what london wants, that was never on the table, it was thompson for pharand +, that broke off so they moved to xhekaj. there are plenty of talks that dont happen, i dont know what they say and i dont know what happens, i only report what i truly know, and so far, its been quite accurate. believe me or not, your call.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
ohlinsiders is right (a lot). So are others because information is shared freely among known contacts.
ohlinsiders had Petes wanting to deal Stillman to London but was stuck with him as the deadline passed, right?
I’m saying Oke’s mission was acquiring Stillman for 1.5 seasons. It’s a move he makes when believing his team can contend the next season. Examples are Garlent, Korostelev, Paquette, Merkley, Grondin.

What we ‘think we know’ is irrelevant in this case.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
ohlinsiders is right (a lot). So are others because information is shared freely among known contacts.
ohlinsiders had Petes wanting to deal Stillman to London but was stuck with him as the deadline passed, right?
I’m saying Oke’s mission was acquiring Stillman for 1.5 seasons. It’s a move he makes when believing his team can contend the next season. Examples are Garlent, Korostelev, Paquette, Merkley, Grondin.

What we ‘think we know’ is irrelevant in this case.

right, and the petes traded for stillman to keep him, london had already moved on and calling other teams for 03s

heres what i keep saying, look at my statments on here, dating back to saying who would be the oshawa coach last summer to this draft. they are all online for all to see. i dont think any of my posts have been wrong. if you think im wrong now, have at it, i dont care.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
right, and the petes traded for stillman to keep him, london had already moved on and calling other teams for 03s

heres what i keep saying, look at my statments on here, dating back to saying who would be the oshawa coach last summer to this draft. they are all online for all to see. i dont think any of my posts have been wrong. if you think im wrong now, have at it, i dont care.
I did not state you got it all wrong, just the part about Thompson for Pharrand being the original target of Hamilton in talks with Sudbury. Papineau likely inserted Thompson in all trade talks as he desperately wanted every team to bid up Thompson, I’m sure. But Hamilton first attempted to parlay Stillman into McTavish after Oke failed in his attempts to acquire Stillman. And right or wrong, I was lead to believe McTavish discussions with Hamilton, Kingston, and London centred around what the wolves wanted for Stillman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad