2022-2023 outlook for your team

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Have never done this before (started a thread) so if I did something incorrectly I apologize lol. I was just curious to see/know what fans of other teams are expecting out of their teams in the next season. Obviously a lot can & will change by September but you still probably have a fairly strong grasp on what kind of year it is (go for it/rebuild/somewhere in the middle)

I know for Sarnia the hope is they are a contender with all but two guys returning & it probably being the last season for Gaudreau, Voit, Ritchie, Burke, Dillingham/Hill & maybe Mast. Should be a team built on depth & keeping the puck out of their net but will lack some high end talent upfront. Feel free to do a mock lineup if you feel like it, here is Sarnia's (*assuming they take an import C & trade Hill as 4th OA*)

Voit-*Import*-Dann
Burke-Namestnkov-Sikic
Filak-MacDonell-Martone
Wainwright-X-X

McIntyre, Lalkin, Doherty, Vogelsberg, Harper, Degelas all fighting for final 2 spots

On D
Mast-Ritchie
Daviault-Dillingham
Romeo-Malyavin
MacDonald/Pryce/Thomas

Gaudreau in net, backup TBD (Thornton probably gets traded)

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes looking to contend as well… they return everybody but the two graduating OA’s

My way too early prediction:

OA-Robertson-Lardis
Import-Avon-Stillman
Van Volsen-Dubois-Alfano
Melee-Page-Lewis
McCue, McCallum

Mayer-McCoy
Smith-Guryev
Spearing-Guo

Simpson
Import
Sztuska/Micelli

Reactions: StingUpdates

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Windsor is an interesting one.

The only guys that are for sure gone are Cuylle, D’Amico, Perrot, and Henault. Everyone else has the potential of returning.

Wyatt Johnston is the best player in the OHL, and there is potential he could return but there is a good chance he isn’t with the team and makes the Dallas Stars.

Windsor has 6 potential overagers next season in Onuska, Medina, Currie, Maggio, Renwick and Riabu. It’ll be interesting to see what they do here. - Maggio should get drafted but there potential he returns anyway.

Medina won’t be back, if the Spitfires are going to keep an overage goalie it’ll be Onuksa.

So that leaves one spot between Renwick, Riabu and Currie, edge will probably go to Renwick but things will likely change between now and next season.

So overall, the best possible roster looks something like this next season, with a few tweaks, they should be contenders again.

MiedemaJohnstonMaggio
ZitoAbrahamImport
O’FlahteryMailletChristopolus
PeerSpellacyGreentree
MartinBirkett

RideRenwick
DeAngelisSobolev
xCristoforo
Jodin

Onuska
Downey

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor is an interesting one.

The only guys that are for sure gone are Cuylle, D’Amico, Perrot, and Henault. Everyone else has the potential of returning.

Wyatt Johnston is the best player in the OHL, and there is potential he could return but there is a good chance he isn’t with the team and makes the Dallas Stars.

Windsor has 6 potential overagers next season in Onuska, Medina, Currie, Maggio, Renwick and Riabu. It’ll be interesting to see what they do here. - Maggio should get drafted but there potential he returns anyway.

Medina won’t be back, if the Spitfires are going to keep an overage goalie it’ll be Onuksa.

So that leaves one spot between Renwick, Riabu and Currie, edge will probably go to Renwick but things will likely change between now and next season.

So overall, the best possible roster looks something like this next season, with a few tweaks, they should be contenders again.

MiedemaJohnstonMaggio
ZitoAbrahamImport
O’FlahteryMailletChristopolus
PeerSpellacyGreentree
MartinBirkett

RideRenwick
DeAngelisSobolev
xCristoforo
Jodin

Onuska
Downey

If the CHL allows for 4 overagers including goaltender I see Windsor keeping 1 of Onuska or Medina, if not can see them trading for Thornton from Sarnia.
Assuming 4 overagers with a goalie
I see this lineup projected wise
Johnston-Zito-Miedema
Abraham-Maggio-O'Flagherty
Maillet-Christopoulos-Peer
Martin-Jodoin-Greentree
Spellacy-Birkett- Fritz
Greenwell-
DEFENSE
Ribau-DeAngellis
Renwick-Ride
Sobelev-Christoforo
Wineguard-Crisp
Goal
Onuska-Downey
Froggett

Still to be added a European D or forward
Ribau,Renwick,and Maggio the OAs along with Onuska.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Soo will be firmly rebuilding/tweaking. No impact 19 year olds, although some good players returning as 18 year olds. Probably similar to our 2019-2020 team where we tweaked a bit to get ready for the following season, and ended up a bubble 8/9 team.

OUT
Kartye
MacKay
Calisti
Kerins
Dickinson
O'Rourke
Thompson
Tynan - trade
Anselmini - waived

BEST GUESS
D'Intino - McConnell-Barker Sr. - Mignosa
Savard - Allard - Watson (OA)
IMPORT* - Brown* - Cloutier
McMullen (OA) - Ryan* - Hookey
Montroy - X - Kostov*

Carlisle - Kudryavtsev
Toms - Brzustowski
Scott* - Gibson*
McConnell-Barker Jr.*

Ivanov
Schenkel
Miller*

Last edited:

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Ottawa are very similar to the Sting and Petes. Also looking to contend as returning everybody potentially except two OA's who were not that impactful. I could see us move on From Gaidamack for a higher level import. Also we have too many bodies so at least a D and a forward will likely be moved.

Should look like this
Pinelli/Rohrer(import)/Boucher
Beck/import/Stonehouse
Gerrior/Tolnay(OA)/T. Johnson
OA acquisition/Barlas/Foster
Gardiner/Kelly

Matier/Mayich
Gill-shane/Sirman
Costantini(OA)Smyth
Mews/Marelli
Sawyer

Donoso
Mckenzie
(Don't think Cranley is back as an OA)

As too many bodies I see guys like Johnson and Sawyer as potential trade candidates. Good players but the numbers game is against them.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Hopefully things will be fun in Owen Sound next year.

Barlow - Guindon - Petrovski
Goure - Lawrence - Burroughs
Chafe - Bryant - Fantino
Bonaiuto - Cormier - Terisigni

Seed - Sedley
Jordan - Steen
Okitundo - Uens
Rogers

Chenard
Votary

Also have some 05s in the mix, an open import spot and Lesage and Portikalis as bubble 02s and picks to upgrade if wanted.

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Sudbury:

Delic - Goyette - Konyen
Musty - Villeneuve - DeGrazia*
Boudreau - Pharand - Walton
Assadourian - Larmand - DerBridge
McCallum

Holmes - Import
D. Robinson* - Collins
Hoover - Mania
Bishop/Anania

Import
Gaulton

That leaves one import slot with DeGrazia and Robinson each occupying one

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Okay Here Goes My Attack 2022-23 Roster to Start next Season

Chenard (20)
Votary (18)

Seed (20) - Sedley (19)
Steen (18) - Okitundu (18)
Jordan (18) - Uens (17)
Rogers (16)

Burroughs (19) - Petrovsky (18) - Guindon (18)
Bryant (18) - Barlow (17) - Goure (19)
Lawrence (19)/(If Healthy) - LeSage (19) - Fantino (18)
Bonaiuto (18) - Chafe (17) - Cormier (16) - Tersigni (16)
Import (17/18) - 17yo (17) (or) Trade - 20yo (20) -Trade

There's always a deal or two could be made and teams will have 20yo that could be moved next season, so there's that and teams always have surprises in training camps. August 29th/22 can't come fast enough in OS.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Chafe - Bryant - Fantino

Seed - Sedley
Jordan - Steen
Okitundo - Uens
Rogers

Chenard
Votary

Also have some 05s in the mix, an open import spot and Lesage and Portikalis as bubble 02s and picks to upgrade if wanted.

Yeah that's a quality team there. West is going to be tough next season but OS should be one of the teams to beat.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I started doing this and I realized that the Front's are likely going to need to make at least one or two moves on the back end - they'll have at least 4, maybe 5 of their top 6 D coming back (Roger being the question mark - play wise probably deserves to be back but with the Sens 2nd round investment they may want him in the AHL), but only 1 of their top 6 forwards back.

This is what I've come up with so far - but I expect there to be a few moves before as maybe some 05s that I don't know about coming in.

ArcuriLudwinskiSoto
CallensPooleImport
BattagliaG. FrascaHeyes
StewartThibodeauHughes
BrooksU18 Pick
MurrayHache
BudnickRoger
BurnsBelanger
SchneiderFimis
McGowanWilliamson
Import
Vaccari

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Chafe - Bryant - Fantino

Seed - Sedley
Jordan - Steen
Okitundo - Uens
Rogers

Chenard
Votary

Looks like this could be a really solid team.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Specifically the Midwest. OS, KIT, GUE. Yeesh
Gonna be quite the battle between those 3 & you can never count out London from adding 4-5 kids out of nowhere & eventually Erie has to put out a solid roster you'd think. Flint should have another good team, I think Sarnia does & Windsor is better set up than I thought. SAG still a yr away & SSM rebuilding. Gonna be a very good conference. Might have 4-6 teams thinking they could win as the season starts.

Owen Sound would definitely be my favourite to start. Big fan of their roster.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Erie has a lot of options...5 OAs in Cohen, Sedore, Thompson, Morton, and Campbell (G).

Probably something like...

Cohen - Bressette - Lockhart
Terrance - Saganiuk -Import?
Lowe - Spence (1st round) - Smith/Artichuck
Ross - Edwards - Sawyer (2nd round)

Morton-Kyrou
Sova-Thomspon
Kulakov-Johnston/Sauder/Albloim

Lalonde
Gibbons? (2nd round pick)

Campbell likely heads to the trade block or will be released.

Defense could be pretty elite.

Offense needs to make strides.

Coaching staff is unknown at this time.

Sova, Kyrou, and Lalonde made the top 100 central scouting final rankings.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Gens likely retooling next year to build around the 2005-2006 group. Will start the season looking like:

F:
Rolofs-Ritchie-Harrison
Import-Gagnier(OA)-Butler or McKinney(OA)
Ertel-Sennecke-Buckley
Torrance-Way-Whitton
Tallman, Graham

D:
Moore(OA)-Marrelli
Parfenyuk-Stewart
Smith-Danford
O'Dell-Bedkowski
Petruniak

G:
Leaver
Bickle

Means that Jesus and one of Butler/McKinney will be traded in the off-season or training camp. Then I'd imagine Harrison is traded next year at the deadline. Gens will also be bringing in a 1st round import in the draft

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
London

Cowan-mcgurn (OA)-Barkey
Gilmartin-McCue-Crane
Sim-Gazizov(IMP)-Johnston
Paris-Kazbekov-Testa

Mailloux-Keane(OA)
Edward-George
Lloyd-Bonk

Brochu(OA)
Flores

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Graduated - Evangelista, Stranges, Steklov (D)
Aged Out - Morgan, Baber, McSorley

Cowan-McGurn (OA)-Barkey
Gilmartin-McCue-Crane
Sim-Gazizov(IMP)-Yearwood
Testa-Bujold-Paris

Extras Fs - Kazbekov/Johnston/O'Reilly

Mailloux-Keane(OA)
Edward-George
Mackinnon-Bonk
Extra D - Federkow, Lloyd

Brochu(OA)
Bowen
Flores

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
North Bay.

Petrov (Import)/Jackson (OA)/MacDonald (OA)
Wakely/Arnsby/Van Steensel
Terasevich/Podiloukh/Romani
Sima/Procyszyn/Bouchard
Extra: Therrien/MacQueen-Spence

Winslow (OA)/Nelson
Mathurin/Christopolous
Lukin (Import)/Gauvreau
Extra: Turley

Divincentiis
Robertson

Should be a team to contend, lots of picks available to add at the deadline as required.

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

three dog night

May 3, 2014
North Bay.

Sima/Procyszyn/Bouchard

Winslow (OA)/Nelson
Mathurin/Christopolous
Lukin (Import)/Gauvreau

Divincentiis
Robertson

Should be a team to contend, lots of picks available to add at the deadline as required.
Doubt Petrov will be back.

Reactions: Samee987

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
North Bay.

Sima/Procyszyn/Bouchard

Winslow (OA)/Nelson
Mathurin/Christopolous
Lukin (Import)/Gauvreau

Divincentiis
Robertson

How has Tarasevich been for you guys since coming over from Sarnia? I thought he had a lot of untapped potential, just never got there.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
I started doing this and I realized that the Front's are likely going to need to make at least one or two moves on the back end - they'll have at least 4, maybe 5 of their top 6 D coming back (Roger being the question mark - play wise probably deserves to be back but with the Sens 2nd round investment they may want him in the AHL), but only 1 of their top 6 forwards back.

This is what I've come up with so far - but I expect there to be a few moves before as maybe some 05s that I don't know about coming in.

ArcuriLudwinskiSoto
CallensPooleImport
BattagliaG. FrascaHeyes
StewartThibodeauHughes
BrooksU18 Pick
MurrayHache
BudnickRoger
BurnsBelanger
SchneiderFimis
McGowanWilliamson
Import
Vaccari
Looks good to me! I would probably switch Thibodeau with Poole, and Brooks with Heyes, but that’s just my thoughts on it. :)

I’m interested in what others think about this lineup as what should be a rebuild year looks to me more like a middle of the pack lineup (mostly since the GM forgot it was an all in year at the deadline). A solid top line, most D returning and two Euro spots and maybe an OA spot to add a goalie and add to the offence.

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
May be slightly too early to make a judgement on the 67’s. They do return pretty much their entire lineup if they choose to do so. They are missing a couple very key components (top centre and puck moving D-Man) but Mews (7th overall) may be the puck moving D-Man and they have an OA spot open should a player become available. Alternatively, they do have a decent amount of draft picks and young players to address any needs.

I expect Ottawa to play from the Top of the Conference next year. They should be poised to make that next step.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
North Bay.

Sima/Procyszyn/Bouchard

Winslow (OA)/Nelson
Mathurin/Christopolous
Lukin (Import)/Gauvreau

Divincentiis
Robertson

Not a fan of Outwater? I think he’ll be fine; and being the only left shot forward selected in the first three rounds over four years, I think he stays on the team.
I think Kennedy will be on the team too. I can see any/all of Vrbetic, Winslow, Gauvreau, MacKenzie. MacQueen-Spence, Bouchard moved.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
How has Tarasevich been for you guys since coming over from Sarnia? I thought he had a lot of untapped potential, just never got there.
He's been great defensively and just struggled to find the back of the net. He's had chances.

Not a fan of Outwater? I think he’ll be fine; and being the only left shot forward selected in the first three rounds over four years, I think he stays on the team.
I think Kennedy will be on the team too. I can see any/all of Vrbetic, Winslow, Gauvreau, MacKenzie. MacQueen-Spence, Bouchard moved.
I believe that he will be moved in the off season. Call it a hunch :huh:

Doubt Petrov will be back.
IMO he needs a lot of work on his defensive game. He's not "complete" enough for an AHL job let alone and NHL one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad