Rumor: 2022-2023 Free Agency and Trade Rumors: STILL searching for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Okay but did they lead the avs to a finals berth and ultimately the cup?
Easily could argue Burkie's OT goal in game 1 was the most important in the series. Avs lose that game and the series is likely completely different with the Avs chasing instead of Tampa.

I don't know why it is so hard for some to simply awknowledge the Avs miss Burkie. Doesn't mean it was the wrong decision or that Lehky sucks... but some of the struggles this year are due to missing Burkie.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Avs need a 2C that can drive more than Burkie, absolutely. Avs miss Burkie’s ability to out kick his coverage on finishing. Avs were a team (mainly driven by the top 2 lines) that could finish at a higher than expected rate for 60ish% of the toi. That’s now down to 30ish% and then we wonder why they can’t score 5v5. It simply comes down to no finishing talent at all in the bottom 9, unless MacK and Mikko are split… which limits effectiveness (mainly for Mikko).
Definitely a downgrade in finishing talent for sure. Especially that pp2 is useless without burky's ability to gain the zone. A healthy nuke and a landeskog would have probably made the 2nd line usable even without burky.

Imo, It was a decision between Manson and burky. I think we valued Manson's abilities in the playoffs more than burky's ability to stay healthy and be productive in the reg season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Definitely a downgrade in finishing talent for sure. Especially that pp2 is useless without burky's ability to gain the zone. A healthy nuke and a landeskog would have probably made the 2nd line usable even without burky.

Imo, It was a decision between Manson and burky. I think we valued Manson's abilities in the playoffs more than burky's ability to stay healthy and be productive in the reg season.
I don't think Burkie was in the Avs' plans at all in the summer.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Yes?

Both of them did.

Burky scored a goal to clinch finals berth for the avs? Interesting. Lol I don’t know why this thread turned into a burky thread but I’d argue the avs are missing landy, a healthy Nichushkin and many other players who have had to come in and out of the line up, more than they miss burky.

Reactions: Alienblood

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Pretty sure Jojo will never start a game for the Avs again.
Oh no !!
1676659311565.jpeg
1676659311565.jpeg

Reactions: shadow1

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
He who shall not be named has the Avs in on Bonino since Monahan is still out. Bonino is another player I put in the washed category, but whatever I guess.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Burky scored a goal to clinch finals berth for the avs? Interesting. Lol I don’t know why this thread turned into a burky thread but I’d argue the avs are missing landy, a healthy Nichushkin and many other players who have had to come in and out of the line up, more than they miss burky.
First off that’s not what you said. 2nd He clearly scored important goals en route to the cup win. Both played big parts in winning the cup. Obviously Lehky more so, but I’m not arguing against Lehky.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007

Interesting thread on Henrique's value.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He who shall not be named has the Avs in on Bonino since Monahan is still out. Bonino is another player I put in the washed category, but whatever I guess.
Still very good defensively, really needs good linemates to do anything on offense. He'd definitely be the guy you'd get if you're aiming to solidify the 3C position, and you'd only do that if you can't find a proper upgrade at 2C.

Reactions: Azrael89

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
If only Landeskog the captain just went ahead and had surgery after the season instead of waiting months and right before the season to have it
I don't think there was any chance he was going to choose to rehab the same summer he's celebrating a championship. If you want to blame anyone blame the medical staff for not catching it sooner after a failed surgery.

Reactions: The Moops

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
lol @ Henrique for 1st + Kapanen + some other prospect

The way I read that was 1st + Kapanen + garbage... so 1st + Kapanen. Which with retention, isn't super far off. That's basically Henrique at 50% for 1st and roster 3rd liner. Not sure why Anaheim wants a mid 20s 3rd liner set to be a UFA in 24, but that isn't tremendous value. I'd expect Henrique at 50% retention to be worth 1st + B prospect/young roster player without top 6 upside.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If only Landeskog the captain just went ahead and had surgery after the season instead of waiting months and right before the season to have it
I'm sure no one was thinking the knee was so badly damaged it needed more surgery. Would've likely missed a ton of the regular season anyway.

What I CAN fault the front office for is just assuming Landeskog would be 100% next season and also not having a proper 2C in place. They basically lost a center-and-a-half and that's one of the things that's just killing the Avs right now.

Reactions: Azrael89

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The way I read that was 1st + Kapanen + garbage... so 1st + Kapanen. Which with retention, isn't super far off. That's basically Henrique at 50% for 1st and roster 3rd liner. Not sure why Anaheim wants a mid 20s 3rd liner set to be a UFA in 24, but that isn't tremendous value. I'd expect Henrique at 50% retention to be worth 1st + B prospect/young roster player without top 6 upside.

I don't think he's bringing back a first. Very different than someone like Hayes where he'll be worth it and teams getting retention for multiple years will be willing to pay for it. I think Henrique's second year should be a detriment in any trade conversations rather than a positive for the acquiring team.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Easily could argue Burkie's OT goal in game 1 was the most important in the series. Avs lose that game and the series is likely completely different with the Avs chasing instead of Tampa.

I don't know why it is so hard for some to simply awknowledge the Avs miss Burkie. Doesn't mean it was the wrong decision or that Lehky sucks... but some of the struggles this year are due to missing Burkie.

Right. Last year we won with both, not Lehky alone. Not sure what the motivation is to make it a comparison rather than just acknowledge that we lost a good forward in Burakovsky.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think he's bringing back a first. Very different than someone like Hayes where he'll be worth it and teams getting retention for multiple years will be willing to pay for it. I think Henrique's second year should be a detriment in any trade conversations rather than a positive for the acquiring team.

He's a low end 2nd liner who is versatile. Put him under $3m and he's got excess value for a full season... and you're expecting >$3m in total retention. $3m is roughly worth a 2nd for a full year's retention. Henrique is roughly worth a 2nd + B prospect on his own. That's roughly the same as a 1st + B prospect in total.

If he doesn't bring back a first, Anaheim really doesn't have a reason to trade him. They can hold on to him until next deadline and sell him for a 1st.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

Yeah screw that guy for laying his body on the line to win a cup. Shameless captain!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad