OT: 2021 Weather thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I'm actually in the Edmontonish area off to the north n east and holy wind batman

100-120km/h wind gusts forced fort tonight. And where I am, I think the power got knocked. Was crawling along in the wind and in the distance I saw some white flashes west of me and everything is dark.

Snow squall warnings are going up tonight now too, so this plus the winds tonight, I hope no one needs to drive anywhere tonight.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I legit thought it was the apocalypse. The Oilers losing and all that jazz.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I live right downtown. The trees in our courtyard were swaying like I have never seen before.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'm actually in the Edmontonish area off to the north n east and holy wind batman

100-120km/h wind gusts forced fort tonight. And where I am, I think the power got knocked. Was crawling along in the wind and in the distance I saw some white flashes west of me and everything is dark.

Snow squall warnings are going up tonight now too, so this plus the winds tonight, I hope no one needs to drive anywhere tonight.
Are you saying you saw lightning? I ask because my brother came inside about half an hour ago and he was convinced he saw lightning.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Are you saying you saw lightning? I ask because my brother came inside about half an hour ago and he was convinced he saw lightning.

It was either lightning or maybe a powerline going down. I saw a series of white flashes for about 5 seconds and the power is out at the truck stop I parked at

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm pretty sure my house is going to turn into a flying disk at some point.

For the last while I've been putting hands to the walls and feeling the whole house shake. Rarely seen anything like this. Looking for treefalls or if anybodies windows are popping. Winter squall. Almost forgot what that meant.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Blowing hard here. But it's a chinook wind as the temp. went from +1 to +6. Wish these would come during the day instead of overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad