U18: 2021 U18 Czech

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

No Hamara!

I was curious who would go in net. Suchanek looked good but Satny had a great game. Not sure who is supposed to be better or if it is close. I still think the guys I've noticed the most offensively are mixed in lines 2 to 4. Altrichter, Marha, Rysavy, Kos and Brabenec have stood out.

Looking forward to seeing this Russian kid too! I mean, not too much since he seems to score 4 goals a game but he does seem like a big deal!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well the Russian Kid scored in first 90 seconds.lol

Also, Russian PP coming up... I think their gameplan is to bury us early which is what my gameplan would be if I was playing us too.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Russia looks damn good!

We just got our 4th straight penalty while on a 2 on 1.. eg. we were on the 2 on 1 and got a penalty.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Rought start.. we had some nice plays and pressure. Russia was clearly better. To me it felt like we'd skate and cycle and pass and get off an average shot. It'd go the other way.. Russia would have 2 seconds and get off a 10 bell scoring chance.

I'd say there is a big difference between our forwards and theirs. My understanding is that 2 of their scorers are underage as well.

Reactions: czechcanadian

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Rought start.. we had some nice plays and pressure. Russia was clearly better. To me it felt like we'd skate and cycle and pass and get off an average shot. It'd go the other way.. Russia would have 2 seconds and get off a 10 bell scoring chance.

I'd say there is a big difference between our forwards and theirs. My understanding is that 2 of their scorers are underage as well.
Hard period to watch... hope they can come back a bit with a couple quick goals

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
They just announced Hamara is out for tourney... first time I've heard that. Real shame!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
We might want to start getting ready for Canada.. at least it'll be a great HD feed on my TV on TSN.haha

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Will the Canada game be broadcasted on tv?
On TSN yes... not that the hockeytv broadcast has been bad or antying but it'll be a full feed.

Might be the only part about the Czech/Canada game I'll enjoy.haha

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Stopped after 4-0. That’s a rough game. Haven’t seen a score like that in a long time. But I think it’s safe to say it’s a fluke. They clearly lost their cool and confidence. Should have had 3 wins leading up to this game.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

No Hamara!

I was curious who would go in net. Suchanek looked good but Satny had a great game. Not sure who is supposed to be better or if it is close. I still think the guys I've noticed the most offensively are mixed in lines 2 to 4. Altrichter, Marha, Rysavy, Kos and Brabenec have stood out.

Looking forward to seeing this Russian kid too! I mean, not too much since he seems to score 4 goals a game but he does seem like a big deal!

I also thought the lineup is a bit odd. Especially because Brabenec and Rysavy were split up after playing together in the pre-tournament games, but at least they're back together. Marcel on the top line is super weird to me, probably just because of his size. I didn't really notice Marha at all in the first 3 games, didn't see the one vs. Russia but I see he wasn't in the lineup – is that because the coach agrees that Marha hasn't been great or does he have an injury? I like Chmelar quite a bit.

My ideal lineup would probably be this:

Rysavy-Brabenec-Chmelar
Slavicek-Altrichter-Kos
Moravec-Szturc-Marha
Marcel-Sapovaliv-Pajer

Hamara-Jiricek
Moravec-Svozil
Sedivy-Tichacek

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
I also thought the lineup is a bit odd. Especially because Brabenec and Rysavy were split up after playing together in the pre-tournament games, but at least they're back together. Marcel on the top line is super weird to me, probably just because of his size. I didn't really notice Marha at all in the first 3 games, didn't see the one vs. Russia but I see he wasn't in the lineup – is that because the coach agrees that Marha hasn't been great or does he have an injury? I like Chmelar quite a bit.

My ideal lineup would probably be this:

Rysavy-Brabenec-Chmelar
Slavicek-Altrichter-Kos
Moravec-Szturc-Marha
Marcel-Sapovaliv-Pajer

Hamara-Jiricek
Moravec-Svozil
Sedivy-Tichacek
Hamara is out, isn´t he?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
didn't see the one vs. Russia
Be glad you missed that one.lol Unless you are a Michkov fan.. great exhibition for him.

I don't know if Marha is hurt.. he's been playing well to my eye.

Hamara getting hurt stinks.. I don't think it'll change the outcome of the game or anything but I just like having tourneys where we don't lose our best players immediately (Lauko and Jenik still bothers me.lol).

Reactions: pgfan66

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Took a shot to the hand last game.
So we started the tourney qith the best collection of D we have had ina decade. We lost jiricek before an elimination game. We lost Hamara in game 2. Why can't we have nice things?

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Button talking about how bad off we are without Jiricek (we are, he was our best player by far) but I think the curly haired dude in the sling beside him is Hamara who is 3rd best D.lol

Here is the lineup...

upload_2021-5-3_16-10-57.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad