U18: 2021 U18 Czech

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-4-16_12-28-1.png

I didn't see a thread so I started this one. If there is another one, feel free to delete mine.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Anyone know where the Czech pool will be shown legally? TSN is showing Canadian pool and playoffs. Just need round robin play .. especially German game!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
D looks solid. Rest looks meh. I don't know enough about Goalies to make a call on that. I'm very worried we won't get out of our pool of death as German's seem to be better than us the last few years.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Watched Slovak game (nice feed, commentary and replays!)... Slovaks took over in 3rd and looked great! Really hoping they have a nice strong generation coming through. Saflovsky looks like a sure thing... hope he is!

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Czechs look like a strong team to me. That defence has to be the best we’ve ever had at this tournament. Offence isn’t as good but there’s potential young guys that could surprise. Hopefully there’s some broadcasts

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs look like a strong team to me. That defence has to be the best we’ve ever had at this tournament. Offence isn’t as good but there’s potential young guys that could surprise. Hopefully there’s some broadcasts
MS osmnáctek v České televizi? Vyloučené to není | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

Doesn't look good for a broadcast. No camera's in rink B (eg. non Canada rink).

However, I'd be fine with the similar feeds that have been given for the recent Czech Slovak games.. give a dude an Iphone and give me a commentator and I'm fine! I just want to see the games.

Our D, on paper, looks amazing. It might end up being 3 first round picks on our blue line. Our National team can't do that.lol Zboril is a first rounder. Hajek/Hronek are second rounders. Gudas is a third rounder. Kempny and Simek were undrafted. We would have to bring back Smid to have 2 first rounders on the National team!

Forwards - maybe 4 of them get drafted in later rounds?

I'm sure our goalies will have at least 2 drafted as Czech goalies are filling up the minors and backup roles right now! Vomacka just signed. Parik and Dobes doing well. Vanecek/Vladar/Korenar getting some starts. Dostal knocking at the door. No elite 1 yet but we are building a small army of backups!

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
This year's team has probably the best defensive group since a very long time. It also happens to have the worst forward core since the 98-borns though. A win against Germany and maybe some closer game(s) against an elite team is all I am expecting. Difficult to say though, based on the four games against Slovakia it wouldn't surprise if they go winless in the tournament.

Surely there will be some official feed available. Would be a major fail to not have a feed in a time like this.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
My guess is that this team will beat Germany, be blown out by Russia, USA and then play a close game (maybe win) against Finland. The offensive talent is not there, but this team has some good team spirit and is capable of surprising one big nation.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
My guess is that this team will beat Germany, be blown out by Russia, USA and then play a close game (maybe win) against Finland. The offensive talent is not there, but this team has some good team spirit and is capable of surprising one big nation.
Germans are coming on strong.. I hope we win that one. I also hope I can find it online to watch!

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
HockeyTV looks like it will have all the games, but it’s not free. It’s an option though

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
HockeyTV looks like it will have all the games, but it’s not free. It’s an option though
upload_2021-4-19_22-9-19.png

Thanks, looks like they have the games. 30 CAD is steep.. wish there was a weekly price and not a monthly one! Hoping more options pop up

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Equally nice Swiss goal! Czech D looked bad.lol I thought that was our strength?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
3-1 over Swiss.. only saw third period and it was not exactly a hockey clinic... Brabenec with 2 goals and Moravec with an empty netter to seal it. Didn't see too many high danger Swiss chances.. not sure if that reflects our D or their forwards.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Short evaluation, because it doesn't even deserve more. We were no better than the Swiss. That says a lot. The good bunch will probably be the only thing we offer there ..

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Short evaluation, because it doesn't even deserve more. We were no better than the Swiss. That says a lot. The good bunch will probably be the only thing we offer there ..
That germany game is our big game... Nothing about today made me think we are a favorite... 50-50 at best. I think the winner of that will draw the honor of losing to canada on tsn in the quarter finals.haha. Anything else is a bonus.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Suchanek is the starter. I have no opinion on this one way or another as I don't know anything about our goalies (except that they will be facing a LOT of shots in this tourney).

One of Hejduk's twins will be playing for the States. Our best Czech forward might be playing for another country. Not that I think it's unfair or anything. I just want the Hejduk's to play for us.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What happened here? I know exhibition is meaningless but I'm surprised by this exhibition result... are Latvia a bumper crop?

upload_2021-4-25_13-1-21.png

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Czech lineup vs. Switzerland:

Marcel-Szturc-Chmelar
Marha-Brabenec-Kos
Rysavy-Altrichter-Skuhrovec
Slavicek-Sapovaliv-Pajer
Moravec P.

Moravec D.-Jiricek
Pinkas-Svozil
Sedivy-Hamara
Tichacek-Spacek

Maybe they were experimenting before it counts, but the D pairings surprised me. Tichacek on the 4th pairing? The only explanation I have is that the coaches want size over skill – which would be dumb. That would explain Marcel on the 1st line too, though. Not sure what the ideal pairings would be but I would definitely replace Pinkas with Tichacek in some way.

Also surprised that Jiricek isn't captain. Does anyone have any insights here? @Czechboy maybe? I thought I saw he was captain in the pre-tournament games vs. Slovakia but now he isn't even an alternate anymore.

What happened here? I know exhibition is meaningless but I'm surprised by this exhibition result... are Latvia a bumper crop?

View attachment 426175
No idea if Latvia is any good, but I can tell you that Germany isn't. There's some talent upfront, led by potential 2022 first-rounder Julian Lutz, but the rest isn't great and the defence is awful. Missing 2/3 of the potential 1st line in Hänelt and Kechter. A few of the players haven't played since October, including the new 1C Robin van Calster.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021

Marcel-Szturc-Chmelar
Marha-Brabenec-Kos
Slavicek-Sapovaliv-Pajer
Moravec P.

Moravec D.-Jiricek
Pinkas-Svozil
Sedivy-Hamara
Tichacek-Spacek

Maybe they were experimenting before it counts, but the D pairings surprised me. Tichacek on the 4th pairing? The only explanation I have is that the coaches want size over skill – which would be dumb. That would explain Marcel on the 1st line too, though. Not sure what the ideal pairings would be but I would definitely replace Pinkas with Tichacek in some way.

Also surprised that Jiricek isn't captain. Does anyone have any insights here? @Czechboy maybe? I thought I saw he was captain in the pre-tournament games vs. Slovakia but now he isn't even an alternate anymore.

No idea if Latvia is any good, but I can tell you that Germany isn't. There's some talent upfront, led by potential 2022 first-rounder Julian Lutz, but the rest isn't great and the defence is awful. Missing 2/3 of the potential 1st line in Hänelt and Kechter. A few of the players haven't played since October, including the new 1C Robin van Calster.
They didn´t want to put more presure on him and Svozil, according to the coach.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Marcel-Szturc-Chmelar
Marha-Brabenec-Kos
Slavicek-Sapovaliv-Pajer
Moravec P.

Moravec D.-Jiricek
Pinkas-Svozil
Sedivy-Hamara
Tichacek-Spacek

Interesting looking lineup... I don't know these guys well enough to criticize it to be honest. I"m just happy we have Hamara, Svozil and Jiricek playing.

I read in hokej.cz that the team voted for the captain... no idea if that is true or not.

I'm genuinely terrified the Germans beat us in a few hours... they've had our number and we always underwhelm at this tourney. Well, not always but most the time.haha I've been really impressed with German hockey but they keep getting roadblocks it seems. Hope it gets better!

I feel like the guys that are supposed to be our scorers are all split up and all over the place... but I'll wait and see how it goes. I have very low expectations of this tournament for us. I'm not worried about the next 3 games as I expect 3 losses. To me, this is our biggest match.

Reactions: pgfan66

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
2 average powerplays so far.. Given how much Jiricek stood out to me at U20's, I'm hoping I really see something from him here. The hockeytv wide angle is fine, commentators are good but the closeup one gives me headaches. Rysavy with a nice chance...I'd say it's fair to say it's been mostly all Czechs (2 powerplays help). German powerplay coming up... they probably score on the first shot.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Didn't notice Hamara or Svozil very much at all. Suchanek played very well and made 2 very good saves. 3 powerplays and no goals for Czechs. Not a great period but some flashes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad