U18: 2021 U18 Czech

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Still having nightmares about that one.lol

Against the Swiss we took stupid penalties... fine, it's exhibition.
Against the Germans we had a comfortable 3-0 lead and took 2 penalties on one breakaway and spent the rest of the game needleslly defending.
Against the Finns.. we were pulling of a nice little upset. Up 5-3 and took 3 stupid penalties in a row and didn't kill one of them. They won 6-5. They can blame refs all they want but that is 3 games in a row where we spend about 10 minutes taking stupid penalties. We are already less skilled but we have to have the worst discipline in the tournament. We don't have the talent of a Big 5 and we don't have the discipline of a Switzerland when they are upsetting big teams. We are some weird quasi combo of the worst of both.lol

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Cannot find any info on Hamara and if he's out of tournament.. that would be a big loss!

We play the rested States tonight after an emotional loss. Not much time to work on the PK.lol

I should say... we did show we can compete with a big 5 team and played a great game. 3 penalties in a row and getting scored on 3 in a row was tough to take though. If you told me, at 5-3 and 10 minutes left, that we'd spend the rest of the game penalty killing I wouldn't believe you.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Up 5-3 with 8 minutes left and they don't even get a point, what a choke job. Serves them right if they play Canada in the QF as a result of it, blew a golden opportunity to potentially play a reasonable opponent.

And while I didn't watch the game, what's up with the coach complaining about the refs? Too many men penalty is always on the coach and rest of the staff. there's enough of them to manage each shift. That penalty doesn't happen and Czechs likely get at least a point, if not more.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Up 5-3 with 8 minutes left and they don't even get a point, what a choke job. Serves them right if they play Canada in the QF as a result of it, blew a golden opportunity to potentially play a reasonable opponent.

And while I didn't watch the game, what's up with the coach complaining about the refs? Too many men penalty is always on the coach and rest of the staff. there's enough of them to manage each shift. That penalty doesn't happen and Czechs likely get at least a point, if not more.
I could see how someone would be furious with the refs... 3 penalties in a row with 10 left is hard to take.

It was crazy because before that.. in the first 50 minutes the commentators were cracking jokes at how bad the Finn powerplya was. I mean, they were literally not getting shots on net or setup. Then the last 3 PPs were harlem globetrotter type setups. Really strange to see so much improvement within a game on a special team. At the same turn our PK went from elite to swiss cheese in the same game.

The too many men was crushing. There was another one behind the Finn net where a Czech and a Finn collided in corner.. it really didn't look like much. The other penalty we had full control on the PP.. Brabenec, Svozil and Jiricek had full control and were passing it back and forth with ease and took a shot that goalie caught. All of a sudden we had a penalty.lol Apparantly Altrichter slashed a Finn despite us having full control and being in their zone on a PP. It was confusing.

Having said that.. maybe Altrichter was an idiot and slashed the guy... maybe the Czech really did slewfoot the Finn and there is no argument about too many men. It was a slow motion car crash.lol

I think we all know we'll play Canada on Monday.lol

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Jiricek is a future NHLer without doubt. Stands out. Svozil is almost as good, but I like Jiricek a bit more for now.
Hamara really good too, not sure about his or Svozils ceiling.
After seeing two games I actually think Russia, Finland and Czechs are quite even in this tournament. Russia should be a bit better perhaps but Finland are looking like complete dogs*it, with no structure, lots of D´s fumbling with the puck and passive defending etc. Really underwhelmed by Team Finland so far, even if the results has been decent or good.
I do believe this Czech team could upset all teams with Canada as an exception. They are just to good this year.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jiricek is a future NHLer without doubt. Stands out. Svozil is almost as good, but I like Jiricek a bit more for now.
Hamara really good too, not sure about his or Svozils ceiling.
After seeing two games I actually think Russia, Finland and Czechs are quite even in this tournament. Russia should be a bit better perhaps but Finland are looking like complete dogs*it, with no structure, lots of D´s fumbling with the puck and passive defending etc. Really underwhelmed by Team Finland so far, even if the results has been decent or good.
I do believe this Czech team could upset all teams with Canada as an exception. They are just to good this year.
I think svozil had some bad luck. Stated in extraliga and was playing 10 minutes a night a lot. Jiricek was getting good minutes and opportunity. If Svozil had gone to chl in a normal world he would've been getting 20 plus a night in all situations.

I just hope Hamara is ok! Didn't finish game last night. Czech va russia game will be interesting. Expecting a lopsided loss tonight! Finland has a lot of sisu! Twice trailing in third by 2 goals and twice they won. Good for them. Some very noticeable forwards who can shoot!

Reactions: Svedu

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-4-29_21-2-27.png

Good news...Sapovaliv is in!

Bad news.. no Hamara. We finally get a deep D core and we are missing our 3rd best one.lol

I expect a brutal defeat... good luck to Satny.

Pinkas has impressed me... Jiricek has been our best player IMO. I'd say our best forwards are mixed in the 3rd and 4th lines (Brabenec, Rysavy, Altrichter and Marha) but what do I know?

If Svozil and Jiricek play the opposite wings.. why not team them up?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1-0 Czechs.

Honestly, if the Czechs could play the 2nd and 3rd periods at 80 percent of the level they play the first period.. they'd be medal contenders.

I have no reason to believe we won't take stupid penalty after stupid penalty to gift the US a goal or 2.

Sad no Hamara.

Rysavy with a great goal but the net was clearly off and I was surprised it counted.

I know nothing about Satny but he seems shaky.

Cool to see a hockey game in front of a 'loud crowd'.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Also, Czechs with 18 shots in first period..

In a typical Czech vs US game.. we don't get 18 shots in a game on the way to a 6 to 0 loss.

I don't think we'll win but it's progress!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, f***!

Still 1-0 and honestly, game looks even. Satny had a few great saves (an assume one on a delayed penalty play) but the US goalie has probably been better.

I knw we're not bette but it'd be hard to watch this game and covince someone new to hockey that one team is superior.

Some nice chances for Czechs and US.

2 great hits.. .one Czech knocked a US guy into the bench in first. Some US guy knocked Marha into 1994.

Fans were booing.. not sure if that was at Czechs or US team?

If you told me, Czechs had a lead going into third before the game I'd take it! I expected a 5 goal US lead by this point.

I still think the US wins it.

I am happy with how the Czechs have looked.. we seem to be this new hybrid of hard skating and occasional scoring team. After 5 periods agaisnt US and Finns.. you'd be hard pressed to convince me we are not even close to the big 5.

I hope we dont' start freezing the puck with 10 minutes left like last night.

I hope we push for the 2nd goal.

I hope we dont' have our 10 minutes of stupidity of taking stupid penalties like we did the first 3 games.

I hope..

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1 point at least!

I think the Jiricek penalty was horseshit

we hung with Finland for 59 minutes
we hung with the States for 60 minutes

OT coming up!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
We lost in the shootout.

Kept US to 1 goal
Scored 5 on Finland
This team might be able surprise...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-4-30_13-47-7.png

I'm really quite happy with how we've played and how it's gone. Much better than expected to be honest. Still hoping to see Hamara again.

From my eye we have to beat Russia in regulation to avoid Canada in the Quarters. Otherwise our next 2 games are Russia followed by Canada. Happy we made quarters. Still disapointed in Finland collapse but we held with them for 59 minutes and we held with the US for 65 minutes. That's not bad at all. We also have wins over Germany and the Swiss in exhibition. I think it's fair to say we've proven we are number 6!lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
View attachment 428071

I'm really quite happy with how we've played and how it's gone. Much better than expected to be honest. Still hoping to see Hamara again.

From my eye we have to beat Russia in regulation to avoid Canada in the Quarters. Otherwise our next 2 games are Russia followed by Canada. Happy we made quarters. Still disapointed in Finland collapse but we held with them for 59 minutes and we held with the US for 65 minutes. That's not bad at all. We also have wins over Germany and the Swiss in exhibition. I think it's fair to say we've proven we are number 6!lol
Yes, sir:laugh:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-5-1_11-31-57.png

Unless I've done that math wrong... only way to avoid Canada is a regulation win. Even if we beat Russia in shootout... we'd finish with 6 points and them 7 plust we lose head to head with US if they lose. Not seeing a good scneario here. I am quite excited to watch the game today as I've really enjoyed this team and their fight. I get Russia is a big fav but we've hung tight with everyone.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
View attachment 428340

Unless I've done that math wrong... only way to avoid Canada is a regulation win. Even if we beat Russia in shootout... we'd finish with 6 points and them 7 plust we lose head to head with US if they lose. Not seeing a good scneario here. I am quite excited to watch the game today as I've really enjoyed this team and their fight. I get Russia is a big fav but we've hung tight with everyone.
Yeah we usually play Russia tough. Especially if we really need to take points from them. Should be a good game! Definitely tuning into this one!
Češi do toho!

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad