HF Habs: 2021 U-18 Tournament (4-26 to 5/6): Thurs. May 6 | Canada wins Gold! Defeat Russia 5-3

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Yeah, Lysell is talented, but not sure about him either. I think I would take Chibrikov before him. Just a smarter player with the puck.

It stinks that Olausson is a november bday. He's the kind of player Montreal should draft. He's got some serious wheels for his size and a release reminescent somewhat Pettersson's.

He's pretty high on my list.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It stinks that Olausson is a november bday. He's the kind of player Montreal should draft. He's got some serious wheels for his size and a release reminescent somewhat Pettersson's.

He's pretty high on my list.

I've reconsidered my thoughts on Lysell. I mean he's in the Frolunda / Lulea system. One of the best systems in the world. You have to think they'll help him become a better player. His skating is elite / effortless. He's got great hands.

He's also playing in the SHL @ 17/18.

He's definitely worthy of a top 10 pick in this draft.

Chibrikov plays a very mature game already.

I like Olausson too.

Reactions: Draft

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, Montreal won their game, so checking in with Canada vs Switzerland.

3:02 left in 1st. 2-0 Canada.

They are just beginning a PP.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So replays on the Canadian goals:

Guenther scores from left point on PP on a nice fake & pass by Clarke.

Bedard scores from slot off a pass from behind the net from Stankoven.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
End of 2, 4-0 Canada.

Swiss have a 16 year old D named Lian Bischel. He plays in all situations, is already a big guy, 6'5, is a strong skater, good puck mover. Think Hamrlik type.

Kid is a 2022. That's going to be a DEEP draft. Maybe a 2003. The kind of draft that will change the fortunes of a franchise.

We can't f*** it up again.

Reactions: dinodebino

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Guenther is a pure shooter, sniper. His release, shot, accuracy are all NHL worthy. He's a volume shooter too. He's a finisher.

He finishes off others play action, and finds open space/ice, knows where the soft spots are. He has the kind of shot that he can score from the perimeter.

But, he's not particularly involved in other aspects of the game. There's zero physical involvement. He tends to glide a lot.

Still, if you want a pure goal scorer. Well, that's what he is. Ducks should draft him. He & Zegras should be dynamite together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad