WJC: 2021 Team USA Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

Fell asleep after the Faranucci goal that made it 4-2. In a sense I am glad the US faced some adversity. They didn’t fold when Slovakia pushed back. That clear attempt that failed then made it 3-2 was not pretty.

Anywho on to the semis.

Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
I’d also try and get Zegras with Caufield somehow. I know Caufield has been getting a lot of hate recently, but he is probably the most dynamic goal scorer on the team. We’ll need him to get going if we want any shot at beating Finland, Canada, or Russia.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Playing for a medal. A very winnable semi matchup. All good. Really happy with where we are.

I absolutely thought we were losing most of the draws late. Surprised by the numbers you guys put out.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Overall, I really like how the U.S. has played. Very disciplined, excellent special teams, and very good goaltending. I would like a bit more scoring out of some of the more prominent scorers but we have gotten good output out of some of the lesser lights.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I’d also try and get Zegras with Caufield somehow. I know Caufield has been getting a lot of hate recently, but he is probably the most dynamic goal scorer on the team. We’ll need him to get going if we want any shot at beating Finland, Canada, or Russia.
Caufield's problem hasn't been a lack of opportunity. Boldy has bounced half a dozen tap-ins off of him.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
He was 3/6 after 1.
7/12 after 2 (so he went 4/6 in the second)
12/22 after 3 (5/10 in the third).
Including some big draws late in the defensive zone.

Seems like folks are so determined to find problems with Turcotte that they are forced to invent them.

He has been very good in this tournament, no idea why anyone would criticize him. He doesn't have Zegras hands, few do. But Zegras has been benefiting from the time and space created by Turcotte's quick and decisive puck movements. His forechecking, defensive and transitional work have been excellent. He is consistently available in support to inable clean and secure breakouts and established clear control into the offensive zone. Its been a constant of his shifts.

Turcotte is doing everything needed to win games, and I think folks get lost looking at flashy hands while forgetting that winning is a skill in itself.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Overall, I really like how the U.S. has played. Very disciplined, excellent special teams, and very good goaltending. I would like a bit more scoring out of some of the more prominent scorers but we have gotten good output out of some of the lesser lights.

I agree, I think the USA is playing the best team game of the lot. The sum is greater than its parts.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Turcotte does remind me a tad bit of Mike Richards.

Richards lite anyway.

Love that just about every shift he is in someone’s face too.

LA has a lot of center prospects. Wouldn’t be surprised if Turcotte ends up on a wing.
I love this comparison and agree with it. Definitely a Cannon-lite. I thought that his draft year.

Reactions: LAKings88

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Including some big draws late in the defensive zone.

Seems like folks are so determined to find problems with Turcotte that they are forced to invent them.

He has been very good in this tournament, no idea why anyone would criticize him. He doesn't have Zegras hands, few do. But Zegras has been benefiting from the time and space created by Turcotte's quick and decisive puck movements. His forechecking, defensive and transitional work have been excellent. He is consistently available in support to inable clean and secure breakouts and established clear control into the offensive zone. Its been a constant of his shifts.

Turcotte is doing everything needed to win games, and I think folks get lost looking at flashy hands while forgetting that winning is a skill in itself.
Turcotte has been playing really well, it’s just bound to happen when two players who are high skilled draft picks, from the same draft, are playing on the same wjc team, and were drafted by rivals are going to be under the microscope from the opposing team.

Anaheim is going to nitpick Turcotte, and LA will nitpick Zegras. In my opinion Turcotte gets the short end of the stick here because he’s less flashy and plays a more complete game so he’s less noticeable unless you are actively watching him.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Turcotte does remind me a tad bit of Mike Richards.

Richards lite anyway.

Love that just about every shift he is in someone’s face too.

LA has a lot of center prospects. Wouldn’t be surprised if Turcotte ends up on a wing.

The most successful second line the Kings have ever had was in 2012 when Richards and Carter were both playing center/wing and alternating faceoffs on their strong side.

I would LOVE a line of Turcotte - Vilardi - Kaliyev.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Turcotte has been playing really well, it’s just bound to happen when two players who are high skilled draft picks, from the same draft, are playing on the same wjc team, and were drafted by rivals are going to be under the microscope from the opposing team.

Anaheim is going to nitpick Turcotte, and LA will nitpick Zegras. In my opinion Turcotte gets the short end of the stick here because he’s less flashy and plays a more complete game so he’s less noticeable unless you are actively watching him.
Going back to Zegras main board thread, other teams fans, not Ducks ones, are nitpicking on Turcotte :laugh:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If I was a betting man I'd say thats a hard No. Gotta get to tomorrow first, and Knight gives you the best opportunity to do so.
You don't think Wolf can handle Finland?
Are you sure the best plan is to have Knight play b2b games particularly if the second game is against a strong team like Canada?

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
You don't think Wolf can handle Finland?
Are you sure the best plan is to have Knight play b2b games particularly if the second game is against a strong team like Canada?

Cmon mate. Obviously at this point you are not going to change your number one anymore. Specially against Finns who has been hardest opponent for us in recent years.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Man I just can’t stop imagining how good this team might’ve been if Bordeleau and Beecher were here. I think Bords may have been in for a point per game perframance, and Beecher would’ve been the ideal 4C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad