2021 Team Board Mock Draft Results Thread

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The Chicago one was re-done because someone complained that the guy they wanted to vote for wasn't on the list.

Yeah not like any of these teams would actually consider drafting Matthew Coronato. :sarcasm:

(full disclosure he was not my vote, but I was glad that there was an attempt at doing the vote properly).

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wallstedt does not go by the Red Wings (Yzerman picked Vassy) if he does the Sharks take him (if he truly is as NHL ready as they say) And lastly the Kings need nothing in a loaded prospect pool except a top goalie prospect.

Yzerman basically came right out and said in his post lottery press conference that there wasnt a goalie in his top 10. Vasilevski wasnt a top 6 pick either and was his 2nd first rounder that year. I could see him taking Cossa at 22, but would be extremely surprised if he went goalie at 6. Every year these great goalies come out like Knight, Askarov and now Wallstedt, everyone mocks them in the top 10 and they fall closer to 15

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Svechkov fits the mold here for what flyers usually look for in boring 2-way forwards. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s how it works out IRL

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
So there’s going to be a couple upset fanbases when the two goalies get picked early lol

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oilers have a lot of holes to fill, 2 Top 6 wingers, Middle Pairing Defenseman, clear #1 goalie prospect so they likely go BPA, maybe favour picking up a forward.
Possibilities
- Aatu Raty
- Matthew Coronato
- Carson Lambos
- Isak Rosen - I think is an interesting prospect at 20

Othmann and Pinelli are well liked on the Oilers board if Cossa is gone.

I’d be good with Lambos or Cuelmans as well if they were there.

Peraonally I really like Othmann at the Oilers pick but there’s a handful of guys I’m good with as well.

Reactions: Reginald Dunlop

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Shocked that Sillinger was around for the Flames.. I doubt that'll happen come actual draft day.

One can dream.

Reactions: Fro

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Othmann and Pinelli are well liked on the Oilers board if Cossa is gone.

I’d be good with Lambos or Cuelmans as well if they were there.

Peraonally I really like Othmann at the Oilers pick but there’s a handful of guys I’m good with as well.

couldn't agree more! I think theres a ton of good options at 20 for them. I wanted Cossa for the Oilers but the more I think of it, the more I am in favour of a forward or a defenseman. Goalies typically take longer to develop and while we are in need of a #1 goalie prospect we do have a bunch in the pipeline, Skinner, Rodrigue, and Konovalov. So maybe axeing Koskinen and signing a UFA goalie might be a better option.

Reactions: snipes

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
couldn't agree more! I think theres a ton of good options at 20 for them. I wanted Cossa for the Oilers but the more I think of it, the more I am in favour of a forward or a defenseman. Goalies typically take longer to develop and while we are in need of a #1 goalie prospect we do have a bunch in the pipeline, Skinner, Rodrigue, and Konovalov. So maybe axeing Koskinen and signing a UFA goalie might be a better option.

Regardless of who you pick this year it has no relevance for this year's goalie decision, unless you were thinking about a big 6 x 6 in UFA. No one the Oilers pick this year is going to be on the team for the next year or two.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems like you can call it for NYR's already. They are picking Wallstedt, and it's not close.

Reactions: TK 421

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Seems like you can call it for NYR's already. They are picking Wallstedt, and it's not close.
Man, if that happened in the real draft I would laughing the rest of the day. There are some good Centers left and they pick a goalie when the have Shesty.

Hopefuly they would trade down though and pick a center later.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad