2021 Team Board Mock Draft Results Thread

Crookshank

Brandon
Apr 18, 2021
Wallstedt does not go by the Red Wings (Yzerman picked Vassy) if he does the Sharks take him (if he truly is as NHL ready as they say) And lastly the Kings need nothing in a loaded prospect pool except a top goalie prospect.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I definitely don’t see Wallstedt as a top 10 lock. I’m not even sure it’s a guarantee he’s the first goalie taken as Cossa has seen his stock rise considerably. But I wouldn’t be shocked if both last to the second half of the first round. Goalies just don’t get taken high. Askarov is arguably a better prospect than either and he last till 11 last year.

Wallstedt is a great prospect but I think projections of him going top 6 or 7 are wildly optimistic and based a lot on long-standing name recognition of him as a blue chip prospect. Just because the Wings or Sharks could use a goalie prospect in their system doesn’t mean they are spending a top, top pick to address this.

As far as Yzerman picking Vasi - that was with the 19th overall pick. Not 6.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
People talk about BPA like it's an objective truth. Clearly NHL team lists vary, sometimes wildly. BPA is subjective to a good degree, and position may be one factor in the way a team sees BPA.

That and also, short of a McDavid-esque prospect, BPA is basically a guessing game when you're looking at 17-18yo kids, even when you have a full, normal season of scouting. Some tools are more projectable than others, and I'm sure teams put time into evaluating who they think is the most coachable, but development is never entirely predictable.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Unfortunately we had a bunch of votes for Lucius by fans from other teams. Last week we ran a poll and Sillinger came ahead of Lucius.

Oh well.

I noticed that on your boards as an observer - guys creating accounts to ensure Ottawa took Lucius so their guy would be available - as if that's going to manifest in real life. How incredibly lame.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Unfortunately we had a bunch of votes for Lucius by fans from other teams. Last week we ran a poll and Sillinger came ahead of Lucius.

Oh well.

I noticed that on your boards as an observer - guys creating accounts to ensure Ottawa took Lucius so their guy would be available - as if that's going to manifest in real life. How incredibly lame.

Last week's results:
Sillinger 35
Lucius 30

This week's results:
Sillinger 28
Lucius 29

Number of voters who voted Sillinger in both polls: 8
Number of voters who voted Lucius in both polls: 7
Number of voters who voted Sillinger last week but Lucius this week: 2
Number of voters who voted Lucius last week but Sillinger this week: 2

--------------------

Both polls were relatively close. Sillinger only won with 53.8% of the votes in the first poll, Lucius won with 50.9% of the votes in the second one. Out of 65 voters in the first poll, only 19 returned to vote in the second one.

Can't believe I went through the effort to figure this out, but the point is this. It appears to be close between Sillinger and Lucius – according to Sens fans on the Sens board. When you run a second poll with a relatively small sample that includes very few participants of the first poll, there's a fairly high chance that the outcome will be different. It really doesn't look like someone created a bunch of fake accounts to sabotage this meaningless (sorry) mock draft.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Last week's results:
Sillinger 35
Lucius 30

This week's results:
Sillinger 28
Lucius 29

Number of voters who voted Sillinger in both polls: 8
Number of voters who voted Lucius in both polls: 7
Number of voters who voted Sillinger last week but Lucius this week: 2
Number of voters who voted Lucius last week but Sillinger this week: 2

--------------------

Both polls were relatively close. Sillinger only won with 53.8% of the votes in the first poll, Lucius won with 50.9% of the votes in the second one. Out of 65 voters in the first poll, only 19 returned to vote in the second one.

Can't believe I went through the effort to figure this out, but the point is this. It appears to be close between Sillinger and Lucius – according to Sens fans on the Sens board. When you run a second poll with a relatively small sample that includes very few participants of the first poll, there's a fairly high chance that the outcome will be different. It really doesn't look like someone created a bunch of fake accounts to sabotage this meaningless (sorry) mock draft.
And the funny thing is that the difference between Sillinger and Lucius as prospects is negligible.

Still waiting to see where the goalies get picked.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
And lastly the Kings need nothing in a loaded prospect pool except a top goalie prospect.

And reliable/consistent scoring wingers.

There's promise, sure, but next season 2 of the three are slated to be Kopitar's wingers: Iafallo, Brown, Kempe.

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Oilers have a lot of holes to fill, 2 Top 6 wingers, Middle Pairing Defenseman, clear #1 goalie prospect so they likely go BPA, maybe favour picking up a forward.
Possibilities
- Aatu Raty
- Matthew Coronato
- Carson Lambos
- Isak Rosen - I think is an interesting prospect at 20

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I appreciate all of your work @Hasbro but I think you should use Bob's rankings. Those Eliteprospects rankings gives too many random names that no one is going to vote. I mean guys like Evan Nause and Zach Dean, but you don't have guys like Lambos, Bolduc and Coronato.

This is funny to me. I am so in agreement and then I see Dean. I would take him now (at #12), ahead of Lambos, Bolduc, and Coronato. Nause I would have put as a late round flier.

And then Bob's rankings are also looking pretty dated since the U-18s. Heimosalmi at #140? Svechkov at #30? They could go top 15! Rosen and Othmann are also decent candidates to go top 15.

This year there's no way to do it without a lot of names.

Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Oilers have a lot of holes to fill, 2 Top 6 wingers, Middle Pairing Defenseman, clear #1 goalie prospect so they likely go BPA, maybe favour picking up a forward.
Possibilities
- Aatu Raty
- Matthew Coronato
- Carson Lambos
- Isak Rosen - I think is an interesting prospect at 20

For the Oilers I'd prefer Rosen. They're all good candidates to me except Lambos. I think if all goes well you might get a second pair guy out of him and there's more upside in other players available. The Oilers especially aren't short on LD in that vein.

Reactions: Oilers

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
And then Bob's rankings are also looking pretty dated since the U-18s. Heimosalmi at #140? Svechkov at #30? They could go top 15! Rosen and Othmann are also decent candidates to go top 15.

This year there's no way to do it without a lot of names.
A good point. Heimosalmi and Svechkov should definately go higher. On the other hand I'm not sure how much one tournament changes rankings for guys like Rosen and Othmann.

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
For the Oilers I'd prefer Rosen. They're all good candidates to me except Lambos. I think if all goes well you might get a second pair guy out of him and there's more upside in other players available. The Oilers especially aren't short on LD in that vein.
Yeah, Rosen would be my top pick. He looks to have good offensive upside with a great one timer. I think if the Oilers are going to have success they'll need Draisaitl to centre his own line. I think Rosen could stack up well with Drats or McDavid in the future.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Wallstedt does not go by the Red Wings (Yzerman picked Vassy) if he does the Sharks take him (if he truly is as NHL ready as they say) And lastly the Kings need nothing in a loaded prospect pool except a top goalie prospect.

Slim chance the Sharks take him, especially if Eklund is still on the board. It's just not the Wilson's regime MO.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
A good point. Heimosalmi and Svechkov should definately go higher. On the other hand I'm not sure how much one tournament changes rankings for guys like Rosen and Othmann.

I think it was a bump for both, especially for Rosen. He wasn't great against pros in Sweden, but dominated at the U-18s. I would guess he'll be a serious candidate for the #10-15 picks now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad