GDT: 2021 TDL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
we have way to many young players who are gonna need a big payday. and this also impacts jones’ trade value if we decide to move him in a year or two. just dumb all around.
As evidenced by all the trade retentions going on, the cap is not really a thing you can't manage.
It has no impact on his trade value either. GMs are big picture guys. They like him or they don't. He's not gonna be a 1 for 1 guy, he's gonna be the 3rd or 4th guy in a package for a big ticket item if he's traded.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
It positively affects his trade value. Buffalo isn't interested in Jones in an Eichel deal, for example, without the ELC in place.

Which a team trading for Nils would also have to think about, does he sign with them, or does he stay in Sweden for next year and have his rights expire Jun 1, 2022

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Jones looks kind of sleight to be thrown into NHL games right now, but even if he just gets to train and be around the guys for the rest of the season, that would be great for him. Personally, I'd prefer him to be sent to the AHL, and to get a taste of that level.

I bet he would be an immediate improvement over Trouba or Miller on PP2 though.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I expected the TDL to be quiet for us but I thought we would at least do some small AHL deal or something to rearrange things. Like the Gauthier trade. I hope we are at least doing some groundwork to cash in some chips over the summer. We are deep in prospects and picks. We have ammo to solidify the roster as the kids take next steps.

Last edited:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
If we say Anders Bjork is worth a 3rd (which is debatable) and Lazar is worth about a 5th, which feels close:

Janmark + 5th = 2nd + 3rd/Bjork = Hall + Lazar

Chicago got equal/better return for Janmark and a 5th than Buffalo got for Hall + Lazar

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I expected the TDL to be quiet for us but I thought we would at least do some small AHL deal or something to rearrange things. Like the Gauthier trade. I hope we are at least doing some groundwork to cash in some chips over the summer. We are deep in prospects and picks. We have ammo to solidify the roster as the kids take next steps.

Lemieux was our reshuffling move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad