Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Calgary somehow gets 250 cents on the dollar for garbage ass Sam Bennett lmao

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If that's the price for Bennett, we dodged a bullet.

I don't mind him but he's a big time "grass is greener" player and has all the same problems Lemieux did:

-Doesn't PK at all

-Isn't great defensively in general

-Takes a ton of dumb penalties

-Doesn't draw as many as you'd like

-Effort is questionable

He's Lemieux but with 10 more points.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Anyone else watching the NHL channel? It’s like taking melatonin. Droll, boring and monotonous. The chatter is more lively here. Lol.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Seriously, Bennett is buttcheeks 90% of the time, they got a lot of mileage out of some PP goals last playoffs. Huge mistake yo qualify that dude.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
If that's the price for Bennett, we dodged a bullet.

I don't mind him but he's a big time "grass is greener" player and has all the same problems Lemieux did:

-Doesn't PK at all

-Isn't great defensively in general

-Takes a ton of dumb penalties

-Doesn't draw as many as you'd like

-Effort is questionable

He's Lemieux but with 10 more points.

Not sure why the Rangers would ever have had interest in this kind of player, we can find 3rd/4th line centers anywhere.

Reactions: Machinehead

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
So 2 first rounders dealt this deadline. Columbus got both for Foligno and Savard. For better or worse, shows what GMs value this time of year.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Bennett got the pedigree return, based on the hope that one of these years he's going to be the 20 goal/40 point guy with an edge that so many people dream about.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not sure why the Rangers would ever have had interest in this kind of player, we can find 3rd/4th line centers anywhere.
Yeah, absolutely. It comes up every time we play the Islanders and I never got the obsession with "good 4th liners." Good 4th liners are still 4th liners.

The difference between a $2.5M 4th liner and a 750k 4th liner is the difference between Mark Messier's hair and Derek Stepan's hair. Stepan has slightly less fuzz and more shine, but Messier is still f***ing bald.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I know, like what if he tries to turn him back into a center?

It would be a disaster!

Dogs and cats living together! Mass Hysteria!

c1bc77996423bb92567c74a6553768aa.jpg

A plus for the Ghostbusters reference :thumbu:

Reactions: Unpredictable1

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
so the big moves will happen over the summer.

then again we said big moves would happen over the summer last year and nothing happened lmao

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Do we really want to let Quinn get his hands on Zac Jones? At least send him to Hartford and let him develop under Knoblauch.

Pretty much every young player has taken enormous steps this year. Our D more than anywhere else. Fox is a legit Norris contender. Miller is playing top minutes and is comfortable doing so. Even Hajek is showing some glimpses.

Shesty is good. KK, while it would be nice to get some more points, has been fantastic and is clearly on his way to becoming a great player. Laf is looking far more comfortable. Chytil is beginning to look more like he did pre-injury/COVID. VK is getting opportunities out the gate.

How are people still harping on Quinn being awful for development? Do you expect 30 goals each from Laf, Chytil & KK?

Reactions: Cag29 and egelband

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I’m more curious if we were close to making any major moves. anything major was always going to be a longshot, but I’m curious if we were actually close to making something happen.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad