Confirmed with Link: 2021 Signing NOT 2022 Yet - TOR signed F Ondrej Kase [1 year, 1.25M]

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
For a similar deal, I would strongly consider bringing him back. The only concern is his health but he was surprisingly durable this past season all things considered.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Is he wasn't a living being I'd be all for re-signing him same contract.

He has estimated earnings of $10 million.

He shouldn't need to risk additional permanent damage to himself.

His production was over .5 per game, which in the top 6 production range.

But if someone does sign him I'd like it to be the Leafs because I believe they'd take his long term health into consideration. I might be wrong, but that is my impression.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
If his contract is insurable I'd bet one of the cap floor teams like Buffalo and Arizona should be all over outbidding the competition for this player.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Can they change the title or start a new thread. It’s kinda silly to see confirmed with link in the new signing season from last year

We already signed gio

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I'd bring back Kase around 1 million for 1 year. He has a great relationship with Kampf. Solid player. Scary injury history. For that last reason, I wouldn't feel comfortable going very high on him in terms of AAV/term.

Reactions: Menzinger and kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I'd bring back Kase around 1 million for 1 year. He has a great relationship with Kampf. Solid player. Scary injury history. For that last reason, I wouldn't feel comfortable going very high on him in terms of AAV/term.
I think the only way they resign him is if they can do it prior to the QO cutoff.

Otherwise, they pretty much have to cut bait. Can't afford to let it get to arbitration.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I think the only way they resign him is if they can do it prior to the QO cutoff.

Otherwise, they pretty much have to cut bait. Can't afford to let it get to arbitration.
When is the QO cut off date?

Reactions: kb

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Really appreciate what he brings to the table and his fighting spirit. But really should move on from someone who has constant injury history

Love the fact he can move up and down the lineup. I think that spot is better off given to a Marlie.

We are really doing disservice to few Marlies player by constantly signing these contracts. They are not getting NHL playing time

Reactions: hockeywiz542

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
As per Cap Friendly:

Clubs have until the later of June 25th or the first Monday after the Entry Draft to submit Qualifying Offers.

Not sure if they will follow the traditional timeline this season either, as it has been pushed back a little.

EDIT: July 11, 2022 is the official QO cutoff date.

Reactions: kb

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

No reason not too. If he still wants to play I think he will stay unless another team promises to be as patient with him AND pay him more

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
The odds (gambling on him staying healthy) won't get any better with another year passing by, in fact, they get even worse than they already were...

I'd rather have someone with an extra 20lbs, more heart, and fierce competitiveness occupying that cap-space than adding more soft Euros.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think when healthy, he is better than any forwards in our system. As he can play anywhere in the top 9, PK and PP, got a good shot and knows his role.
But can he stay healthy?

Reactions: banks

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Get rid of him. Give that money to someone who isn't injured all the time. Or, pay him for games played.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
The odds (gambling on him staying healthy) won't get any better with another year passing by, in fact, they get even worse than they already were...

I'd rather have someone with an extra 20lbs, more heart, and fierce competitiveness occupying that cap-space than adding more soft Euros.
Who’s this 6’2” 210lb guy for 1.25m that gives more than Ondrej? He literally only has one gear. Which is balls to the wall, in fact that’s his problem with staying healthy.
The bolded sheds a little light on you the individual as well.

If he’s around the cap hit he made last year he’s fine, when he’s injured which will happen his salary is an amount that doesn’t cripple the team and in fact gives them just enough room to call up a replacement or even 2.
Kinda a no brainer at 1-1.5, if he starts creeping into the 2’s, then there’s better options out there

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Who’s this 6’2” 210lb guy for 1.25m that gives more than Ondrej? He literally only has one gear. Which is balls to the wall, in fact that’s his problem with staying healthy.
The bolded sheds a little light on you the individual as well.

If he’s around the cap hit he made last year he’s fine, when he’s injured which will happen his salary is an amount that doesn’t cripple the team and in fact gives them just enough room to call up a replacement or even 2.
Kinda a no brainer at 1-1.5, if he starts creeping into the 2’s, then there’s better options out there
I think that 6'2 210 guy for 1.25mil is Ritchie. Lol.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
For a similar deal, I would strongly consider bringing him back. The only concern is his health but he was surprisingly durable this past season all things considered.
Ya we also have an opening at bottom six RW, the only good RW option from the marlies is Joey Anderson. Not many good options in free agency. Might as well bring back Kase

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I’d re-sign Kase. Ideally he plays a 4th line limited role to avoid another concussion.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I can't believe there's actually somebody claiming that Kase is a "soft Euro" who lacks "heart" and "competitiveness". :biglaugh:

If anybody needs proof that Leafs are arbitrarily labeled with this garbage no matter who they are or what they do, look no further.

Kase has so much heart and competitiveness, and spends so much time intensely battling in contested areas, that he's literally a danger to himself.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016

The bolded is one of the worst takes of seen on this board......and that's saying a lot.
Thats enough forum for today

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Not sure what people were expecting from a player returning from a one month injury and then stepping into the playoffs. Bunting was no different.
From what I just read from @Bomber0104 and what’s been my gut feeling for a while with certain posters is it’s xenophobic in nature. If his name was Andrew Chase from Edson he’d be loved around here by those certain corners of the fan base

The bolded is one of the worst takes of seen on this board......and that's saying a lot.
Thats enough forum for today
Yup, these “realist” clowns have jumped the shark with some of these nonsense opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad