Speculation: 2021 Sharks Offseason Roster Discussion part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Honestly, until the team finds a cornerstone, all of this stuff is tweaking around the edges still. Eklund is good but not build the franchise around him good and they don't have anything like that in their system.

I worry a bit that they think Eklund is that cornerstone. I do think Eklund could be very successful top line player in the Sharks system. But, that could lead to the Sharks focusing on building around Eklund vs. looking for more top-end talent. I guess we'll see.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I worry a bit that they think Eklund is that cornerstone. I do think Eklund could be very successful top line player in the Sharks system. But, that could lead to the Sharks focusing on building around Eklund vs. looking for more top-end talent. I guess we'll see.
He has all the tools to become a first line guy...but this team will need more than that. We don't even know if he's a center, so we at some point will need a 1C of the future.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I think Eklund has top line talent as well but I don't see him as much better than the Kane or Couture caliber of player. He won't be like them in terms of play style but in terms of play level. You still need them greatly but you can't build a successful team around them. Eklund is the guy you want feeding the guy you build around and I think he can do a damn good job at that.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
DW+ek65+vlasic's long game: 1) give ek65/vlasic big deal; 2) wait for other GMs to sign D using those contract as reference points, putting them in cap hell; 3) ek65+vlasic ltiretire; 4) cup
lol @ nobody else realizing the 5d chess DW is playing

vlasic and ek65 are the key to all this

the Jones buyout is some 6d chess move i am still trying to grasp

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Was just about to post that. That’s a DW bad level of contract lol. No way that doesn’t end in a buyout or retained @50 trade
In all fairness, he's only 26. The money is gross but that's the right age to be giving out term like that. Maybe a year too late, but close enough.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
In all fairness, he's only 26. The money is gross but that's the right age to be giving out term like that. Maybe a year too late, but close enough.

Term is not bad for his age you are right, but that term at that money is bad very very bad. Thats a worse overpayment then vlasic got and vlasic was 10x the player that nurse is or will be.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Edmonton's 4 most expensive D add up to $22.455M

Tampa's add up to $22.375M

You can't make this up
Yeah, but outside of Hedman, Sergachev, McDonough and Cernak… who do they REALLY have? You know, aside from Ruuta and Foote and Bogosian.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Term is not bad for his age you are right, but that term at that money is bad very very bad. Thats a worse overpayment then vlasic got and vlasic was 10x the player that nurse is or will be.
I think he’s a real good defenseman and I’d take his deal right now over Vlasic’s straight up. Nurse is drastically improving so the deal will end up being fair value in 4 years. There is virtually nothing about the Vlasic deal that can be seen as a positive.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I think he’s a real good defenseman and I’d take his deal right now over Vlasic’s straight up. Nurse is drastically improving so the deal will end up being fair value in 4 years. There is virtually nothing about the Vlasic deal that can be seen as a positive.
Never been happier that someone wasn't a GM of the sharks.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Mario Ferraro is now counting his millions.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
It sabotages whatever team signs him, too bad it ended up being the Flyers and not some rival team (yet).

you're not thinking dͩeͤeͤрⷬ enough... jones threw the past three seasons, despite being a .960 capable goalie. He's clearly a sleeper agent. Once we play the flyers in the finals (this is pre-determined by bettman) and whisper the activation term "Link Gaetz", he'll turn back into an ECHL goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad