Speculation: 2021 Sharks Offseason Roster Discussion part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
He never got that specific last time around. They made a concentrated effort to get younger in the middle/bottom 6 during the covid pause (which he said last October). There is no misconstruing what he’s saying and how definitive he’s being this time around with his intentions and moves he’s trying to make.
Ill wait and see what he does. Im expecting a bad UFA deal for a third line center, and maybe a bad trade.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Frank Seravellis podcast today they talked about the sharks. Said he has no idea what the sharks are doing. No information is out there on what they plan to do or if Jones is getting bought out. Wonders why they aren’t trading one of Vlasic Karlsson or Burns
So a typical year. Why are they surprised

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I really think DW is going to pretend-compete this year, try to find some diamonds in the rough (Merkley), get some vets with an eye at helping the 2022 guys come in. I just see no world where he’s going to do anything drastic next year unless something falls in his lap.

Reactions: tealzamboni

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I really think DW is going to pretend-compete this year, try to find some diamonds in the rough (Merkley), get some vets with an eye at helping the 2022 guys come in. I just see no world where he’s going to do anything drastic next year unless something falls in his lap.
- Sharks unexpectedly tear up the league in the first half of the season
- Literally every shark having a career year
- Jones is the comeback player of the year candidate with a .930 save percentage
- Vlasic is reborn as a shutdown defender
- Everyone here loses their minds thinking this is the year
-DW decides that he wants to sell high, unload all the contracts, and dismantles the team at the TDL
- DW: "Here's the stealth tank you wanted, idiots."

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
- Jones is the comeback player of the year candidate with a .930 save percentage
-DW decides that he wants to sell high, unload all the contracts, and dismantles the team at the TDL

…some of us just want to see the world burn…

Reactions: Sandisfan

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay

So, what you’re telling me is that, as Sharks fans, we never get to be happy.

Sounds about right. ;)

Reactions: Sandisfan

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It 100% looks like a stealth tank at this point. He will probably sell Timo or Banc at the deadline to add another 1st +

Do any of the season ticket holders know if DW is holding a fan-only Q&A this year?
I'm excited for DW to say stuff like "Couture, yes he is the quintessential teammate and the right person to lead our team, but sometimes in practice he just lashes out at guys."
Give us the scoop, season-ticket holders.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Frank Seravellis podcast today they talked about the sharks. Said he has no idea what the sharks are doing. No information is out there on what they plan to do or if Jones is getting bought out. Wonders why they aren’t trading one of Vlasic Karlsson or Burns
He wonders why they aren't trading EK65? That seems incredibly dumb...

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I think this is the absolute best case scenario. Sell high on every career year.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach

Worse. DW trades Eklund, Merkeley, The 2022 first, 2023 first and other prospects for rentals thinking it’s cup time and the team gets swept in the first round because everyone gets hurt.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
I like Nick Ritchie. He is big, he can hit hard, he will fight with Reaves when it’s need and he is an option in front of the net in the second PP-unit.
Kase is a nice player too.

Reactions: tealzamboni

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Not sure if this has already been discussed at nauseum, apologies if it has, but does anyone think DW tries to sign Landeskog? How do we fit him under the cap if so?
It is technically possible to make the cap work if one of Labanc or Meier are moved, but there are way better ways to use cap, on much shorter contracts than he will get. The team is better with Labanc/Meier and a more expensive 3C than with Landeskog and a cheaper 3C, and the long term contract situation is also better. Absolutely possible that without MacKinnon, Meier straight up outperforms Landeskog before you take the contract into account, too.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I like Nick Ritchie. He is big, he can hit hard, he will fight with Reaves when it’s need and he is an option in front of the net in the second PP-unit.
Kase is a nice player too.
I would be surprised if the Sharks add another D-man without moving Burns or Vlasic.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Trading Karlsson makes no sense. If you want to free up salary you have a few other options on the table
Even if they wanted to I just don't see how it happens without a huge retention percentage. Maybe if he comes in this season and puts up 60+ points and looks dominant again you could find a taker next off season while retaining 3mil? After his last couple seasons and repeated injuries I just don't see anyone wanting him at the current salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad