Speculation: 2021 Sharks Offseason Roster Discussion part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013

Could he be good #3 C for us?

Not much of a fit unless the outlook for the 3rd line is going to change from what DW mentioned earlier. Suter played pretty sheltered mins, isn't very big, and doesn't bring much from the PK perspective. Think he's a quality player, but just not probably the guy for the role that DW has talked about during his offseason media sessions.

Reactions: timorous me

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Also, would 100% do okposo for Jones lol. Not much more in cap hit for someone who isn’t sub replacement level and shorter term.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Ah, if you guys could somehow squeeze in Mattias Ekholm on an empty parking lot...perfect for Erik Karlsson and Merkley alike. The pick, the prospect and a player. And some pucks.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Kampf is the non-tendered Hawk I'd be most interested in. Heavy defensive zone usage, 6'2 center, still relatively young at 26. Basically a much much cheaper version of Cizikas.

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Kampf is the non-tendered Hawk I'd be most interested in. Heavy defensive zone usage, 6'2 center, still relatively young at 26. Basically a much much cheaper version of Cizikas.
Agree 100%. Though I’m guessing Gambrell’s slotting into the 4C spot takes Kampf off the table unless he’s moved in a different deal.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Not sure if this was posted already?

Takeaways:

- When discussing not giving up picks and prospects in 20-21, DW said "That goes out the window now" :laugh:
- Expecting a couple guys like Ward and Martin coming over on short deals in UFA.

Reactions: themelkman

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Seeing as he wasn’t a rental this time around and is coming off a season where he would’ve beaten his career high in points by almost 50%, kind of a no duh he got a slightly higher return.

Washington traded him with 3 years left at $4 million in a flat cap league with everyone aware they needed to clear space to sign Ovechkin. Honestly I think the Jets screwed this up more than anything it's just funny they paid more for what should be a depreciated asset compared to when we traded him. Dillon may have had a few extra lucky assists but it's not like he improved as a player at 30.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Doug said Ward and Martin style last year and then signed Marleau and Nieto. Its bs
He never got that specific last time around. They made a concentrated effort to get younger in the middle/bottom 6 during the covid pause (which he said last October). There is no misconstruing what he’s saying and how definitive he’s being this time around with his intentions and moves he’s trying to make.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Washington traded him with 3 years left at $4 million in a flat cap league with everyone aware they needed to clear space to sign Ovechkin. Honestly I think the Jets screwed this up more than anything it's just funny they paid more for what should be a depreciated asset compared to when we traded him. Dillon may have had a few extra lucky assists but it's not like he improved as a player at 30.
The contract isn't a bad one nor is his age that preclusive. Winnipeg also has to do stuff like this because their player pool is so much more limited than almost any other team in the league because no one wants to play there. Overall though, pretty fair return for a positive value asset in a league that values big with skating ability that is a good teammate more than ever right now. Plus, this is still a league where Duncan Keith got a young bottom pairing guy and a 3rd at his age and contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad