Speculation: 2021 Sharks Offseason Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Is what I said not close? Lol 10th OA and a prospect ready to make the jump. Guess I needed to be clear and state I meant a blue chipper. I don't think Hertl gets moved at all unless its a no brainer kinda deal that helps us.

With Ottawa, any prospect that is ready to make the jump is already on their roster with the exception being Filip Gustavsson. And I don't think they're giving him up anytime soon even in a Hertl trade. Then again, why would Ottawa trade for Hertl now?

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I'd consider hertl for sens unprotected 2022 1st

Trading with Ottawa cursed considering our luck getting players from that franchise and what we give them.

Trading Hertl for an unprotected Sens 2022 first would end up like this

-Sens make the SCF
-The Sens pick is the 2nd to last or last pick in the first round
-The player drafted turns into a huge bust who plays 1-2 NHL games max
-Hertl goes on to be a 1rst ballot HOF player

We've already gifted them 2/3rds of a top line. No need to give them some more help for garbage.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Let me make this perfectly clear. I. Dont. Want. Hertl. Gone. Was just forwarding a little proposal. Just an idea or whatever but not even a rumor. If Ottawa or any other team for that matter wants our #1 center theyre going to need to back up the truck. Even if he's had some injuries, he's been relatively healthy since then and playing good hockey. He's a key piece of our current core and I don't see him wanting out of San Jose. I think of Hertl as being a guy who probably intends on being a Shark for his whole career.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Not touching a 2021 pick for Hertl unless someone who has first line potential drops. Get the 2022 first if Ottawa wants Hettl
Ottawa pick in 2022 is most likely going to be outside the lottery if they’re rolling Hertl, Norris, Tierney, Pinto down the middle with Dadonov, Stutzle, etc. on the wings. Doesn’t much matter what they look like on the back end with that group down the middle. Rather have 10th overall this year and have two guaranteed top 10 picks and address multiple needs (i.e. Wallstedt and a forward/D-Man).

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Ottawa pick in 2022 is most likely going to be outside the lottery if they’re rolling Hertl, Norris, Tierney, Pinto down the middle with Dadonov, Stutzle, etc. on the wings. Doesn’t much matter what they look like on the back end with that group down the middle. Rather have 10th overall this year and have two guaranteed top 10 picks and address multiple needs (i.e. Wallstedt and a forward/D-Man).

They're still not going to make the playoffs in a division with Tampa, Boston, Toronto, Florida and Montreal. Matt Murray is Jones level awful.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Trading with Ottawa cursed considering our luck getting players from that franchise and what we give them.

Trading Hertl for an unprotected Sens 2022 first would end up like this

-Sens make the SCF
-The Sens pick is the 2nd to last or last pick in the first round
-The player drafted turns into a huge bust who plays 1-2 NHL games max
-Hertl goes on to be a 1rst ballot HOF player

We've already gifted them 2/3rds of a top line. No need to give them some more help for garbage.

I could see this happening lmao. It would be a very cursed trade. Continuing the curse: send ek65 back with 2M retained for their 2023 first. Ek65 wins Norris and cup

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Viktor Arvidsson is available. I would move Kane for him if there's a pick or prospect (Afanasayev?) coming back our way.

Luke Evangelista would be an awesome pick up in a deal like that but he's also a shrimp to go along with the 2020 class so I'm not sure too many people would be excited about picking him up.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
If the Sharks trade Hertl, the obvious one for my eyes would be the Rangers. If Eichel isn't a starter due to the cost/injury situation, Hertl is perfect alongside MZ down the middle, and the Rangers have so many good young pieces, it's out East... makes so much sense.

Jul 10, 2010
Unless someone blows us away with an offer I think it might be a better idea to wait until the deadline to trade Hertl. Serious contenders will overpay if they think Hertl puts them over the top. I mean teams traded first round picks for depth players like David Savard and Nick Foligno last deadline.
i mean this draft was known to be weaker and theoretically alot of players missed an entire year of development making the draft a crapshot moreso than usual. Not gonna be the case every year.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They're still not going to make the playoffs in a division with Tampa, Boston, Toronto, Florida and Montreal. Matt Murray is Jones level awful.

Maybe but they also have Gustavsson and Forsberg in net. If they just used Murray as a backup, they could have the goaltending needed to be fine on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad