Patriots/NFL 2021 Season Part IV: 10-6 - Week 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The Patriots have managed to stay afloat for another week with their trouncing of the Jets.

However, the schedule stiffens substantially in the coming weeks.

They've now finished the season slate with NYJ and have one game remaining against the lowly Dolphins.

They've proven that they're not one of the bottom rung clubs in the league, but do they have what it takes to make a run at a playoff spot?

Rough sledding ahead. Remember too that they've only played two away games thus far and we're heading into week 8.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
E1909319-79F1-44BA-A3F9-C660E0F00FC2.jpeg
01B625CE-3066-435F-8CA4-DC279F6B3018.jpeg
7C09DDFB-95F6-4BDB-A7CF-3391968F4E55.jpeg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Number 1 goal all season has always been the development of Mac and they seem to be on track. Playoffs is just icing on the cake.

Bingo!

I know people say "it's just the Jets". That's fair, however his development is important and he's taken huge strides. The offense too. I've said it since last year, I was annoying on here with my posts, but I said he'd be perfect for this franchise. And thus far, he's showing it.

Every week he gets better and better. He's confident back there. He's barking out plays. Getting on guys who arent where they're supposed to be. Vet like.

As long as he develops and the offense and defense too, we'll be good.

Reactions: DangleCity

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Number 1 goal all season has always been the development of Mac and they seem to be on track. Playoffs is just icing on the cake.

totally agree. The offense is coming along too, they’ll be able to hit the ground running next season.

Next step is getting Mac a franchise tackle he can grow with.

Also props to Bolden and McDaniels yesterday. Good game. Tough to complain about that. Plz get an actual 3rd down back tho

I liked how they used Smith, keep doing that

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
totally agree. The offense is coming along too, they’ll be able to hit the ground running next season.

Next step is getting Mac a franchise tackle he can grow with.

Also props to Bolden and McDaniels yesterday. Good game. Tough to complain about that. Plz get an actual 3rd down back tho

I liked how they used Smith, keep doing that
Yeah, I'm not sure why they haven't brought in a legit 3rd down back. I think the big thing with Bolden is that he is veteran and they trust him to be able to pick up the blitz and protect Mac. If that's there line of thinking I can't really blame them. We saw in 2008 that all it takes is one missed assignment with a rookie to derail your entire season

Reactions: CDJ

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
One of my biggest takeaways from yesterday is that they've finally landed on an offensive line group, at least as long as Trent Brown's out. Should be Wynn-Karras-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu as long they're healthy.

Wonder if Brown will ever play. Lots of hoopla about his return and its like week 8 almost

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One of my biggest takeaways from yesterday is that they've finally landed on an offensive line group, at least as long as Trent Brown's out. Should be Wynn-Karras-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu as long they're healthy.
Karras was on with Gresh & Keefe around 10:30 and was very good - probably up now on WEEI. Ted lauded how talented Onwenu is

@LouJersey will chuckle at this- when the Patriots drafted Onwenu I was texting with Joe how Belichick sucks drafting and he just wasted a pick on an overweight project and out of nowhere pops Lou saying ‘great pick Onwenu- I wanted my Vikings to get him.’ Then lou sent me a bunch of stuff on him he gets from stuff he subscribes to - nice call

me and lou have been making the Patriots picks as they happen real time and we have crushed this more times then not only to see Hoodie to go off the reservation

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Mac Jones joins exclusive QB group after career day vs. Jets

Say what you want about Mac Jones' performance through seven games, but the numbers suggest he's off to one of the best starts by a rookie quarterback in NFL history.
The New England Patriots' first-round pick completed 24 of 36 passes for a career-high 307 yards with two touchdown passes and zero interceptions in Sunday's 54-13 rout of the New York Jets.
The first 300-yard effort of Jones' NFL career gives him 1,779 passing yards through seven games (ninth in the NFL), and he ranks fourth in the NFL among qualified passers with a 70.4% completion rate.

But how do Jones' stats stack up against rookie QBs of years past? Pretty darn well, actually.
Check out these two historical nuggets the NFL shared about Jones after Week 7:
  • With 174 completions, Jones is just the third rookie QB in NFL history with at least 170 completions in his first seven starts. The other two: Joe Burrow (195 completions in 2020) and 2020 Offensive Rookie of the Year Justin Herbert (181 completions).
  • Jones is the fourth rookie QB in NFL history with at least 225 passing yards and a TD pass in five consecutive games. The other three: Dak Prescott (eight consecutive games in 2016), Herbert (seven in 2020) and Deshaun Watson (five in 2017).
That's pretty good company to keep -- especially for the fifth QB taken in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Jones has outplayed all of his rookie QB counterparts by a decent margin this season, leading all first-year signal-callers in virtually every offensive category. And while the Alabama product benefited early in the year from some conservative play-calling, he's been airing it out more in recent weeks with impressive success

Pretty, good stuff here folks.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Karras was on with Gresh & Keefe around 10:30 and was very good - probably up now on WEEI. Ted lauded how talented Onwenu is

@LouJersey will chuckle at this- when the Patriots drafted Onwenu I was texting with Joe how Belichick sucks drafting and he just wasted a pick on an overweight project and out of nowhere pops Lou saying ‘great pick Onwenu- I wanted my Vikings to get him.’ Then lou sent me a bunch of stuff on him he gets from stuff he subscribes to - nice call

me and lou have been making the Patriots picks as they happen real time and we have crushed this more times then not only to see Hoodie to go off the reservation

Hilarious thing is how good the guys you want become on other teams. It’s pretty scary. You are kind of a TE savant as well.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hilarious thing is how good the guys you want become on other teams. It’s pretty scary. You are kind of a TE savant as well.
It doesn’t hurt you send me draft information and I hated the Onwenu pick you said steal in 6th round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad