2021 Season Discussion Thread

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
When rosters unlock after tonight's game, I am looking at making some depth changes in my league in which add/drops are limited but there is no waiver priority. So maybe rank these players within their position groups for me or bold your preference?

Our scoring is modified PPR.

QB (drafted/current backup is Tua behind Allen)
Jones (4)
Darnold (2)
Bridgewater (3)
Hurts (1)

RB (drafted/current depth is Conner and Gordon behind Henry and Najee)
Patterson (1)
Moss (3)
Hines (2)

WR (drafted/current depth is A. Brown, M. Thomas and W. Fuller)
Jones Jr (1)
Kirk (2)
Renfrow (3)

I would be dropping Tua and maybe Fuller but holding both current depth RBs and dropping from another position.
My rankings in bold.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I lost, 142.82 - 141.78.

The next highest score in my league was 105.10.

FML

had that exact same scenario in one of my leagues. I was up 151-120. My opponent had Kittle and Elliot going into the final games. ended up losing roughly 151-165.

the next highest score in the league was 119.

tough Ls.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
My RB depth in a league was Kamara, Gibson, Davis and Mitchell. Good enough for a 12 team league, but I just noted that 3 of them have their BYE week on week 6...

So now, I added Ingram and Royce Freeman from free agent, in hope that one of them will be RB2 material in week 6...

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Gonna lose in both leagues this week (barring Waller/Carlson putting up 46 points) thanks to starting Cousins over Hurts in one league and facing Darnold/Hill in another.

Pain

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I need Raiders kicker Carlson to put up 6 to 9 points to win all 3 of my match ups, silver lining is that I can only lose one of the two that are coming down to Carlson

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Had a decent week. went 3-1 in my four leagues. in the one i lost it was only by 6 points. my Herb and K Allen combo did not come through for the Dub.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Lost by half a point in my IDP league when Derwin James intercepted that pass. I suppose he still could have made enough tackles to catch me but it was looking good until stupid Derek Carr...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Won in one league last night by .54, I was up by 24 points, but opponent had Ekeler, Waller, Williams, and Carlson while I had Herbert (superflex league, he played Cousins over Darnold, and this is the one I have Hurts and a bunch of Eagles, but I sat Goedert). Lucky that Carr didn't find Waller who was open all 4 times on that last drive, including missing a target

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Someone just dropped Rams defense, that’s an easy claim right?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Someone just dropped Rams defense, that’s an easy claim right?

i would say yes as the next three games should be easy. Giants, Lions and Texans. later on and the playoff rounds they do have tough matchups with Cards, Vikings and Ravens.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
i would say yes as the next three games should be easy. Giants, Lions and Texans. later on and the playoff rounds they do have tough matchups with Cards, Vikings and Ravens.
I have Dallas defense too now but I didn’t expect to have that option. Hopefully no one else tries to make a claim.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I have Dallas defense too now but I didn’t expect to have that option. Hopefully no one else tries to make a claim.

ha ha based on the last couple years who would ever think that the Cowboys defence would be performing like it has so far this year. Leading the league in INTs , think they have at least one Def TD and a bunch of sacks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
ha ha based on the last couple years who would ever think that the Cowboys defence would be performing like it has so far this year. Leading the league in INTs , think they have at least one Def TD and a bunch of sacks.
That’s the thing with defenses and turnovers. Turnovers aren’t always sustainable. It happens all the time, and so much of them is luck.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That’s the thing with defenses and turnovers. Turnovers aren’t always sustainable. It happens all the time, and so much of them is luck.

But a lot of the time it sustains for a given season, for whatever reason. Maybe not game-to-game but overt a season, turnover numbers often jump.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
But a lot of the time it sustains for a given season, for whatever reason. Maybe not game-to-game but overt a season, turnover numbers often jump.
Eventually teams are going to stop throwing at Diggs until they see something different from him. It happened with Revis and Nnamdi. So it’s going to go away whether it’s this year or not, I don’t know, they do have a bad division. That was a big appeal to the Rams and Dolphins defenses, and it hasn’t been there.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Eventually teams are going to stop throwing at Diggs until they see something different from him. It happened with Revis and Nnamdi. So it’s going to go away whether it’s this year or not, I don’t know, they do have a bad division. That was a big appeal to the Rams and Dolphins defenses, and it hasn’t been there.

Of course. I wasn't trying to rationalize it, but rather to say it is irrational, but you can see it manifest year after year, that a team goes on a tear with turnovers and you can't base anything on it for subsequent years but for whatever reason, something clicks for that one season.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm hurting bad in my one league for RBs. It's a 12 man league. I lost CEH and Barkley and won too many games to get any claims. I'm about to start Jamaal Williams and Miles Sanders.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Best season I've had in a while, 6-0 and have the most points every week aside from 1. Going no RB helped out immensely, Sanders was a terrible pick in the 4th, but Henderson in the 5th and Patterson off early waivers has me cooking. Now with Gibson banged up McKissic is trending up

Hurts

Henderson
Patterson - Week 1 waivers
Sanders
McKissic

Adams
Jefferson (traded Ty'son Williams and Tee Higgins after week 1 to a RB starved team, couldn't believe he accepted)
Lamb

Kelce

Reactions: tacogeoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad