2021 Roster Thread XVI - Where thoughts are both sweet and sour

Status
Not open for further replies.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Frost and Patrick are two sides of the same coin. They're two chances at a successful player, sure, but they aren't a successful player yet.

I'm not sure I would want to spend that kind of money on Haula (Or anyone in this scenario), but I don't see how it "makes no sense." Haula is an established NHL player without a huge question mark about his health. He'd immediately improve the team this summer vs betting on Patrick or Frost.

I'd rather see the money go elsewhere (Eichel, as you said), but I understand the argument in investing in an established Patrick replacement instead.

What about this organization makes you think premium UFA's will want to sign for the Flyers at anything other then above market value?

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
Imagine an adult typing like that :laugh:

would love to hear Uncle Jim's, who played thru and ENDURED over 1200 NHL games, opinion of his nephew "patty"

he'll most likely say ..... "no comment"

enough of the patty victimization ..... this is the NHL ladies :mad:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Apparently you missed the detailed psychological reports examining his familial relationships. Dream analysis is coming next.

The May 1983 issue of Cosmopolitan had a special "What kind of 2OA NHL prospect are you?" personality test that Vigneault had Laperriere answer for Patrick.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
What about this organization makes you think premium UFA's will want to sign for the Flyers at anything other then above market value?

A) I don't

B) We aren't talking about premium UFAs

C) Players don't have to be acquired through UFA

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Apparently you missed the detailed psychological reports examining his familial relationships. Dream analysis is coming next.

DC1FC1AB-48B6-4BA1-89BD-0FECC746C7FC.jpeg

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
Patrick doesn’t deserve any patience or understanding, even though he has a severe health issue

How does he HELP an NHL team if that is fact ???????????????????????????????????????????????

answer the effin question .....

Last edited by a moderator:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Eichel is obviously a long shot because if he is on the block some team will end up overpaying because there will be a lot of teams bidding on him. Obviously he comes with risk as well.
i am not going to pretend I am a cap expert but if they somehow landed Eichel, Hamilton and say Halak. Does that spell the end of one of Couts or Giroux leaving next summer with everything else they gave to address internally ? Would they have to trade a big contract pennies on the dollar?
This is why I would lose my mind if I was a NHL GM

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
So is all this "Patrick is unhappy" stuff stemming from the one tweet a number of weeks ago that said he *checks notes*

Hired a new agent? Lol or did I miss something more definitive

His agent had some comments which weren’t too warm and fuzzy. Said something like he told Nolan it was best to not make any rash decisions until he gets home and has time to think about things. I think this may be actual smoke to the fire but who knows at this point. I think it’s best to have him play hear and prove he has value one way or another.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I am torn on Seth Jones. Hes only like 26, so I cant believe his best years are behind him. They definitely shpuldnt take the blank check approach...but im not ready to say I 100% dont want him. My biggest concern would be is this a guy that stylistically could work with Provorov or Sanheim.

Defensemen are tricky. Ive looked at so many top 20-50 dmen in the league lists lately and there is very little consensus outside of a few guys. Thats why I think finding the right fit is so important. Fletcher at least has done that once with niskanen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad