2021 Roster Thread XIII (Off-season edition): Not for triskaidekaphobia but we have arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
completely missing the point yet again. stay in your silly bubble. and don't reply to me. you don't know how to have conversations. again. I asked a direct question. you chose not to answer. and my question was in direct response you what you said.
"don't reply to me. you don't know how to have conversations."
LMAO.

I answered your question. They shouldn't treat their roster like playing the stock market. They're trying to win hockey games. Patrick's value is certainly low. That doesn't mean he should take up a roster spot in the hopes that his individual value increases. He's a drag on the team.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I intended to mean on-ice needs when I said clubhouse needs, but you're going to try to passively insult me because I don't think we need Eichel as much as we need to focus on defense and another goalie?

You can just disagree, douche. :laugh:

Giroux is 33 years old, our only other true 1st line calibre player Couturier is 28 years old, and our 2nd line Center is Kevin Hayes....and you don't think we need a 24 going on 25 top 10 forward in the NHL?

9TS.gif

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Team that has struggled to find a young star forward since drafting Couturier in 2011, and Giroux in 2006...

It would be very fitting of the gang to use cap money and assets on a few more secondary fiddles, and good ‘ol 200foot players.

The quest to be the most boring club in the league continues, and there really isn’t anything to fear at about Eichel. Fletcher doesn’t shoot for that tier of player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You've given up, I understand. I'm reserving most judgement until the end of next year. Try to cheer up though.

Spoiler alert: They'll be the 5th best team in the Division AT BEST without major improvements.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The major improvements will be in defense and goaltending. The two areas we struggled in most.

The offense sucked too, and you're being too shortsighted dismissing the idea of acquiring Eichel because you're worried about defense and goaltending for the 21-22 season.

Eichel is a game-changer for the next 5 years at least and maybe more if extended. Giroux and Couturier are not sure things to re-sign here. They could each walk in 1 year, and then we are REALLY f***ed for years. Eichel would give them added incentive to re-sign and if they didn't, then we just reshape the team around him and the youth like Farabee, TK, Frost, Foerster, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad