2021 Roster Discussion - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
If only he knew how to build a team like that instead of the dysfunctional mess he left us with.

hi-res-2020551f5c1d5a5a7eaa8a874cca67e6_crop_north.jpg

Murray power walking away after hustling Radar's love for hawkey from O'Reilly in a rigged cee-lo game.

Reactions: joshjull

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I apologize for this as I only skim this thread after falling behind a week: Who is CDD and where can I find a link to this report about a front office shakeup coming?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So I take it you wouldn't be a fan of using a late 1st / early 2nd of Cossa? He's putting up good stats, has looked impressive every time I've seen him play and will probably be Canada's WJC goalie this year

I view goalies like RBs in the NFL Draft, I think it is better to take them later in the draft and focus on better value picks early.

But yeah, I think he will get a bit overvalued because he is big.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Burnside with some broadsides in his pre-deadline article. CliffsNotes:

-Word is Buffalo wants a 1st for Hall. Burnside seemingly thinks they should be happy with a 3rd and a middling prospect, though I could sense some exaggeration there. Thinks Leafs, Isles are good fits, and that Hall will definitely be moved.

-Montour likely to move. Thinks Jets are a good fit.

-Reinhart an outside chance to be moved. Poked fun at Buffalo and suggested that while he shouldn't be moved that likely means Buffalo will trade him in an awful deal.

-He thinks some of the possibly available goaltenders would be good fits for Buffalo. Mentioned Merzlikins, but thinks a trade closer to the draft would be more likely. Also mentioned Driedger, but that would make little sense given he's a pending UFA...unless Buffalo makes that deal with the intention of shelling out a big enough deal to make him forego UFA.

Who stays, who goes? A look at players from The Athletic's Big Trade Board who could move or stay put

Reactions: joshjull

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I think the biggest issue with Eichel is that he shouldn't have the C on his sweater.
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Reinhart an outside chance to be moved. Poked fun at Buffalo and suggested that while he shouldn't be moved that likely means Buffalo will trade him in an awful deal.
I am all in on a one for one trade maybe with some extra's

Reinhart for Monahan

Same point production but Monahan comes in cheaper than what Reinhart will probably demand and he can stop gap at 2C for next season.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
This just makes us worse rather have Sam who cares
How does it?

I also think its funny that you and possibly others think Sam cares. He's in a contract year, of course he's going to try whether its for this team or the next.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
How does it?

I also think its funny that you and possibly others think Sam cares. He's in a contract year, of course he's going to try whether its for this team or the next.
Sam is a stable player and we know what to expect from him. Monahan is invisible and Calgary fans are unhappy with him. Imagine what will happen when he arrives in Buffalo? He won't have Gaudreau here, we don't have anyone on the right wing at all if we're trading Sam. Monahan will not be able to work well with Skinner or Olofsson, there are too many nuances and doubts.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Sam is a stable player and we know what to expect from him. Monahan is invisible and Calgary fans are unhappy with him. Imagine what will happen when he arrives in Buffalo? He won't have Gaudreau here, we don't have anyone on the right wing at all if we're trading Sam. Monahan will not be able to work well with Skinner or Olofsson, there are too many nuances and doubts.
Monahan would be the consensus least favorite Sabre by this December.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I think the biggest issue with Eichel is that he shouldn't have the C on his sweater.

The Captain Class: The Hidden Force that Creates the World's Greatest Teams by Sam Walker

Let Jack worry more on playing his game and leave the other stuff to someone else.

I think Jack is more like PKane than Toews, for instance.

I don’t understand what you’re getting at about Jack as captain or the relevance of that book excerpt.

1) The book excerpt.. “The men and women who make up the Captain Class were never the most skilled athletes”......is not remotely true in the NHL. Almost every captain of Stanley Cup winning teams is in the Hall of Fame, is a future Hall of Famer or has a good argument for the Hall. There are no role players captaining Stanley Cup winners.Champion captains: Every Stanley Cup winning captain since 1917

Which is why I don’t get your comment about Toews vs Kane. Toews is one of the best players of his era and will be in the Hall of Fame. He certainly isn’t a role player or an example of that book quote.

2) How has being captain held back Jack as a player? He continually improves year over year and last seasons was his best. Some argued he should have been in the MVP discussion. Mark Scheifele thought he was the MVP.

The only thing thats been able to slow Jack down in the NHL has been injuries. Thats been especially true this season.

3) Posters talk about not likely his facial expressions. That a captain doesn’t act like that. Crosby has been a crybaby and whiner his entire career and still captained his team to 3 Cups.

I’m honestly trying to understand what the issue is with Jack as captain. Are posters just scapegoating him for the team’s struggles? What isn’t he doing that he should be? Is he supposed to “captain” his team past bad coaching and roster construction?

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I’m honestly trying to understand what the issue is with Jack as captain. Are posters just scapegoating him for the team’s struggles? What isn’t he doing that he should be?

I don't get why saying he shouldn't have the C is scapegoating him.

I just don't think he's a Toews/Crosby type leader. I would say the same thing about McDavid. I think they both were given the C not because they were great leaders but because they were the most talented players on the team.

I've never felt that is the best person to be the captain of a hockey team.

And Toews was never the most talented player on the Hawks. That has always been Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad