2021 Roster Discussion - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Murray5.jpg
My favorite GM in this decade of suck. I liked his vision for a team. He wanted the big LA 2012 model.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Gotta do right by eichel. if he wants to a chance somewhere else trade him.

Boudreau / Gallant as Coach. For the fans an actual HC

Eichel for Pesce Necas 2021 1st
Ristolanien For 2021 1st top 10 protected + Kaliyev
Hall @50% to highest bidder (2021 1st)
Montour @DL to highest bidder ( probably a 3rd/4th)
Miller For Gudas
send latest 1st to seattle to select okposo in expansion draft

Sign Foglino / Paquette / Benn / Raanta/Mrazek

Girgenson-Necas-Reinhart
Skinner-Cozens-Foglino
Oloffson-Mittlestadt-Rieder
Paquette-Eakins-Lazar

Dahlin-Pesce
Mccabe-Jokiharju
bryson/Benn/Gudas/borgen

Ullamrk/Raanta

Beniers + 2 1st rounders / Quinn / Peterka / Kaliyev / UPL / Samuelson / Johnson In the pipeline

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Need to keep Eichel

He is the ONLY player who moves the needle for this team. With him, we are fighting for a .500 record. Without him, we are a BAD beer league team.

Reinhart, Dahlin, Hall, Risto all do not move the needle in terms of making the team better. If we can get legit pieces for them to build around Eichel properly, move them! Especially, if we can get an above average NHL goalie in return

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Let’s be realistic on what moves should be made.

assume Eichel is not traded in the summer

Skinner-Eichel-xxx
xxx-Cozens-Olofsson
xxx-Mittlestadt-xxx
xxx-Eakin-xxx
Okposo Lazar

uncertainty —Reinhart
Part of the rosters discussion
Asplund, Thompson , Ruots Quinn,Pekar

on D

Dahlin-Borgen
xxx-xxx
Bryson-Joki
Miller

Uncertainty—Risto
McCabe could be resigned for 1-2 yrs

G
resign Ullmark

assuming no trades or unloading Miller/Okposo to Seattle, Buffalo probably has about $10M in space. Not much for shopping.

They could tradeReinhart for a top 4 young RD
Trade Risto for a RW.

Of course they could make a trade of either for a 3C as part of the trade. Thrn thst moves Mitts to wing.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The Sabres need to change their identity. When Eichel and Reinhart are creating their own space, that’s a problem. Buffalo is a soft speed-skill team. Adams needs to change that.

I’m all on board creating something that looks like the Kings from 2012-14. Bigger wingers playing fast and in on the forecheck. The same wingers creating net front havoc and getting in the other team’s faces.

Change that, and you’ll see defenses laying off Eichel and Dahlin, and you see room for them to create, a la Kopitar and Doughty.

It may take moving a core piece to change things around. I’m ok with that.

I wouldn’t call the Kings cup teams as fast. They had size and played physical.

What did Staal say?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
CDD’s tweets hint at something big. The Aud Club seems to think it’s Karmanos, then Rutherford as the big add as part of Adams’ plan.

then the big push is for RB’D over the summer to get the bad back together, with Pegula opening up the wallet to make it all happen.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
CDD’s tweets hint at something big. The Aud Club seems to think it’s Karmanos, then Rutherford as the big add as part of Adams’ plan.

then the big push is for RB’D over the summer to get the bad back together, with Pegula opening up the wallet to make it all happen.

According to Friedman, Carolina & Brind'Amour are close to an extension

Reactions: Chainshot

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

I know they're on the small side, but yes please for Mann or McKay.

I know the prevailing sentiment around here is "why would anyone willingly sign up for this stinking cesspool", but can anyone else in the league offer an actual taste of NHL playing time (and salary) besides us?

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
With Ekblad leaving on a stretcher, does that make either of Montour or Miller options for the Panthers?

Didn't even think about that, but now that I have I'm not sure which one I'd rather send off first...

(I hope Ekbald is ok, those types of falls always make me queezy)

Last edited:

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site

on his podcast he says Karmanos is coming but Rutherford is in negotiations to come in in a senior advisor role. The negotiations are about the Pegulas stepping aside and letting Rutherford and Adams run the hockey dept. Also said he heard apparently that there are more people joining the front office but he didn’t have names yet. He said Adams would still be GM and make the hockey decisions.

I think Rutherford, Karmanos+ would be a home run. They desperately need vet. Experience and respectability around Adams. He mentioned that he heard it from one source then an NHL scout he speaks to said the rumour around the NHL is that it is a Rutherford-Karmanos package to Buffalo. He said Rutherford doesn’t want to commit to multiple years until he sees ho the relationship with the Pegulas goes. Probably got burned by Penguins ownership which led him to quitting there.

stated that Rutherford has contacts with everyone from League officials to agents, to players to coaches and would be huge for helping with the coaching search.

To summarize: Karmanos is a go, Rutherford is negotiating, put it at about 80%, and that other people will be joining as well.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
on his podcast he says Karmanos is coming but Rutherford is in negotiations to come in in a senior advisor role. The negotiations are about the Pegulas stepping aside and letting Rutherford and Adams run the hockey dept. Also said he heard apparently that there are more people joining the front office but he didn’t have names yet. He said Adams would still be GM and make the hockey decisions.

I think Rutherford, Karmanos+ would be a home run. They desperately need vet. Experience and respectability around Adams. He mentioned that he heard it from one source then an NHL scout he speaks to said the rumour around the NHL is that it is a Rutherford-Karmanos package to Buffalo. He said Rutherford doesn’t want to commit to multiple years until he sees ho the relationship with the Pegulas goes. Probably got burned by Penguins ownership which led him to quitting there.

stated that Rutherford has contacts with everyone from League officials to agents, to players to coaches and would be huge for helping with the coaching search.

To summarize: Karmanos is a go, Rutherford is negotiating, put it at about 80%, and that other people will be joining as well.
I don’t love Rutherford but honestly, I’ll take anyone with experience if it means getting Terry away from ops

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

Doubt it. This sounds like a bad idea anyways. No way Adams puts in a President of Hockey Ops to boss him around.

Pegulas have also stated many times they don't like or see a President of Hockey Ops happening. They tried that with LaFontaine and it lasted a couple months.

Those ideas sound like an HFBoard posters bad idea anyways.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
People don’t love Rutherford because of a couple signings he made. Put in context he was trying to go for it with the Crosby-Malkin era. He is a decorated hockey man.

Show me a builder that has helped to win Cups with multiple teams that is walking through the door?

As a senior advisor I think he would be great. Brings instant credibility and knowledge and connections around the league. This front office needs stability and respectability.

It was noted that Adams will still be GM and make the hockey decisions. Karmanos brings a lot of experience and those Cups as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot